I dropped my Curve and it works fine EXCEPT my trackball fell out. Now it has fell out before and I snapped it right back in. But this time 4 little things fell out with it, they look like little grains of rice and they are magnetic and I have no clue how to put them back in. Does anyone know how to put the trackball back together from this stage?

Thank you,
    MrsStraty
    04-18-09 04:15 PM
    Yes ma'am. This is a little tricky, those tiny pieces are your magnetic rollers. There is a tutorial on removing and dissassembly of the trackball in the tips section. I can however, help you descriptively.

You should have the 7 pieces, upper housing, lower plastic housing, trackball, and the 4 rollers.

Examine the upper housing. On the metal retainer, you will see a tiny number imprinted on one of the metal tabs. This is the top tab, lay the upper housing, ring down on the table, with this tab facing away from you. I recommend you lay a soft piece of cloth down first, in case you drop a piece, to keep any from rolling away.

Each of the extensions on the housing has a groove in it. There are corresponding areas on each of those rollers. Gently place each of the rollers in its groove, starting at the top one. The black head of the top of the roller will go to the right, right side points at you, bottom-left, left-up.

When you have each roller nestled in its groove, lay the ball in the square made by the rollers, gently push it into the rollers until it drops into place.

Now take the lower plastic piece, the bottom has a metal tab that looks like an old-fashioned keyhole and the tab part should be pointed downward with the 'pimple' facing you.

Carefully lay the lower piece into place on the upper housing, the tab still facing you. Make sure the metal tabs on the upper housing slide into place and lock into place on the plastic tabs of the lower piece. Once all your metal tabs are locked in properly, you are ready to put it back in your BB.

Note: you can put the rollers in with the ball in its place already, but it is a little more difficult.

If you need further help or description, you can PM me. I hope this works out for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 04:54 PM
    this is a cleaning tutorial but you will see how to take it apart.

04-18-09 05:44 PM
    Thanks for posting the link, something I can't seem to do from mobile.

04-18-09 06:06 PM
    Thank you very much! whew! That took patience for sure! Those little roller thingys! That video was of no assistance though because it did not address the little magnetic rollers.

Thank you for your help,
    MrsStraty
    04-18-09 07:46 PM
    Anytime. I found it most timely, for I had just disassembled mine this morning to clean the gunk out of it. I know the videos aren't always as clear as needed, but I figured the description in detail might help you get the orientation correct.

Congratz on a new skill!
    It does get a little easier with practice, too.

Last edited by BergerKing; 04-18-09 at 08:06 PM.
    04-18-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD