I keep getting a spam message directly to my phone from Signal Booster (www.getempower.com/u.php)

I never signed up for this, and the only way to unsubscribe is to send them your device pin and email. Absolutely not!

I emailed them, but of course I got no response. I have also tried to block the message from coming to my Blackberry (filter), but that doesn't work either, but perhaps I'm not doing that correctly?

Can anyone help me with blocking this message? I have to continually delete it, and it's driving me nuts!

Thanks so much, Tiger
    09-16-12 03:12 PM
    What type of message is it? SMS, email?
    09-16-12 03:22 PM
    What type of message is it? SMS, email?
    So sorry.

It is an email message that only goes directly to my phone. It is only viewable on my Blackberry, but not on my regular Gmail account. My hubby has the same Blackberry, yet he doesn't get these messages.

It is very perplexing, Tiger
    09-16-12 03:30 PM
    Really filters are the only thing you can do. Filters should work though if you tell it to block things that are similar in the emails, I believe you can have it block based on keywords.
    09-18-12 10:25 AM
    Signal Booster must have been installed on your device prior to the spam messages coming.

Delete the App and use the form to fill in your e-mail addy and PIN. They already have this information already, so not sure why you wont unsubscribe.
    09-18-12 11:18 AM
    Signal Booster must have been installed on your device prior to the spam messages coming. Delete the App and use the form to fill in your e-mail addy and PIN. They already have this information already, so not sure why you won’t unsubscribe.
    I have the same problem and receive spam from this company still. I have NEVER bought or even browsed any software of theirs so there is nothing to uninstall and nothing to unsubscribe from. I used to get spam regarding Signal Booster and there was an unsubscribe link in the spam but somehow, to no surprise, the link did not work - go figure. I emailed them a dozen times demanding that they take me off their spam list to no avail. Now I get their crap for Slide Lock.

I will never buy anything from these unscrupulous losers because of this even if they build the best app ever. RIM should totally shut them down.
    Last edited by Sean_In_Columbus; 11-27-12 at 12:50 PM.
    11-27-12 12:25 PM
    Same problem here signal booster and side lock keeps sending me emails, I think these email are coming through the Blackberry App World. Really Annoying
    11-28-12 01:25 AM
    OK - I figured it out. I got another SPAM from another company (Devcellent - makers of EMail++) - I sent my usual FU email to them and they emailed me back and gave away the big secret - THEY BUILD THE GD SPAM INTO THE APP! It's set to SPAM you from within the app peridoically and it can't be filtered nor blocked via email/firewall settings. Pretty slick. Well, I sent them another FU email and told them I'm deleting their app and posting this on the review. They replied and said that they will likely remove this feature in the next version. I sent them one final FUN email that basically told them they were full of BS.

Long story shortened - if you do business with these idiots that build spam into their apps, you are at their mercy. It would be nice if RIM wsas able to devote resoruces to actually screen BB apps to prevent this crap - I guess they are way too busy trying to keep the company from tanking to even care about stuff like this.

Add Devcellent and Empower to my list of CRAPWARE that I will never buy and/or use.

My 2 cents.
    12-26-12 11:22 AM
    OK - I figured it out. I got another SPAM from another company (Devcellent - makers of EMail++) - I sent my usual FU email to them and they emailed me back and gave away the big secret - THEY BUILD THE GD SPAM INTO THE APP! It's set to SPAM you from within the app peridoically and it can't be filtered nor blocked via email/firewall settings. Pretty slick. Well, I sent them another FU email and told them I'm deleting their app and posting this on the review. They replied and said that they will likely remove this feature in the next version. I sent them one final FUN email that basically told them they were full of BS.

Long story shortened - if you do business with these idiots that build spam into their apps, you are at their mercy. It would be nice if RIM wsas able to devote resoruces to actually screen BB apps to prevent this crap - I guess they are way too busy trying to keep the company from tanking to even care about stuff like this.

Add Devcellent and Empower to my list of CRAPWARE that I will never buy and/or use.

My 2 cents.
    Were they free apps? If I paid something for them I would be really PI$$ed
    12-26-12 12:11 PM
    Were they free apps? If I paid something for them I would be really PI$$ed
    Both were paid apps and yes, that's why I'm so ticked. Would TOTALLY be able to tolerate it (and expect it) if they were free/junk apps...
    12-27-12 12:47 AM
    This is ONE dodgy company, the unsubscribe link in the email takes you to a page where you have to enter your email and device pin, then it just says "error occurred", so I email them, and they auto reply saying, due to the high level of spam please use our support page on our website (the f'in irony in that!!), so I go to their support page on their site, and you have to select an app as a required field to send a message to show what its regarding.

They make it so difficult, RIM, you've let me down that you allow this to happen, Alec Saunders, I hope the other developers you've brought on board aren't as frustrating as this!
    01-19-13 01:57 PM
    It's basically because of the app from the same company.
    I've used to have this emails. So, I find out from which company it came from. And I deleted all their apps and I will NEVER EVER download their apps anymore
    Anyways
    I guess the best for RIM to know of this issue is by emailing them direct with complaints
    01-20-13 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD