Hello, I'm new here, but not to blackberry. Last Monday, my Sprint Blackberry Curve 3G was taken by someone with whom I share a data plan and given to someone for "forensic analysis". This person is a loved one who has, shall we say, not been well lately. I immediately changed all passwords to email and social media accounts, reported device as stolen to Sprint. Apparently, because I share a data plan with this person, he was able, legaly though not ethicaly, to giv my phone to investigators without my consent.
    I will deal with the legalities later, but I am desperately concerned about my current privacy, and future privacy. so I I am turning to crackberry.
    First, my carrier and a friend familier with bberry informed me that the most anyone could dig up from my device would be contacts, some recent browser history, and little else, since I had already taken the actions mentioned above. How accurate is this? I am very good about blocking access of third party apps and verifying secuirty regularly. I have been told that the forensics team has had difficulty getting any data from the device. I assume that this is because, well, it's a blackberry! But honestly fellow crackberryheads, what damage could have been done? could the phone be returned compromised or bugged? to whom can I bring the device for a checkup? I'm in NYC. I'm told there is a disk containing info withdrawn from the Curve's memory. how is this if they couldn't get through all of the layers of protection? Any advice and constructive info would be helpful. About the device. The data plan's being split and the loved one's going to a doc.
    02-03-13 01:55 PM
    If you had BB Protect installed, you could wipe your phone remotely.
    02-03-13 01:59 PM
    yes, I am aware of that, and had attempted to install it recently but it was difficult given the home situation. there's nothing I can do about what has happened; just seeking advice for next best step ie having the device checked for corruption, bugs
    02-03-13 02:50 PM