Okay... so i just switched from a Motorola Q to a 8130 Pearl on Verizon.

Whats all the hype? I am only 20 hours into this phone but im really hating it. HELP ME!

My messages are all in one folder. WHY in the WORLD do i need a message for a missed call??? I cant find any options to change that.

Can someone please help me with this messaging issue??

I dont even have my work outlook email sync-ed up yet and i already cant split the texts from the missed calls. ALSO... why are the inbound and outbound texts all in the same message folder???

Under the message folder i found a button for View Folders... that way i can choose what i want to see (in separate folders). Can i make that list (of all the folders) the default for the message button?

HELP ME PLEASE!!! I really WANT to be excited about this phone. Right now, i just dont understand why anyone would want a phone without windows mobile... SELL me on this, people...
    12-10-07 10:26 PM
    now that i am calm... let me clarify
    1. Can i stopped missed calls from being "messages"
    2. Can i have the "Select Folder" page (with the list of all the messages) be its own icon. (So that i can click that and then click the folder i want?)

I appreciate any help i get. Thanks!
    12-10-07 11:21 PM
    On your Main menu it lists all your icons, your MESSAGES displays all messages from your email address and txt messages.

If you want to see your email for a specific email address once you add one it creates a new icon that'll say Myemail@gmail.com and it'll only list those email messages. Thats how your messages are split into their own categories.

As for the missed call messages I can't tell you, it doesn't bother me that much to care about.
    12-10-07 11:25 PM
    For the missed call messages (at least for my 8830):

Go to Call Log, then Options, then Call Logging. You should have the option:

"Show these call log types in message list" And you just pick either missed calls, all calls, or none.
    12-10-07 11:32 PM
    Thanks for that ...WK.

I found that email tip and also the "Separate Email from SMS/MMS" tip.

I think i am on my way to getting this Blackberry thing... Windows mobile just seems so much more user friendly... oh well
    12-10-07 11:32 PM
    Also you can separate emails and text messages to be in separate inboxes by going to Messaging, clicking on OPtions, then General Options, then changing the option: "SMS and Email Inboxes" (combined or separated).

You can also choose to hide your sent messages by changing the option for "Hide Sent Messages".
    12-10-07 11:34 PM
    Lawrence Lee... Thanks man! i did find those things.. The tip on the missed calls as messages was huge....
    12-10-07 11:51 PM
    Holy crap I can't believe anyone could actually favor a windows mobile device over ANY BB...no offense-ive just used both and for me its not even a close battle- its all about the BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-07 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD