I just purchased the Storm about 2 weeks ago. They set up 3 e-mail accounts on my phone in the verizon store but decided to select my hotmail account, which I barely use, as my default setting for e-mail and calendar on the phone, instead of my real primary account without telling me.

When I synched with my device to Outlook where I maintain my calendar for like 5 years for work, the device re-associated every single appointment and item on my calendar with the hotmail account instead of the real primary e-mail address that SHOULD have been set as my default and that I had originally set up all the appointments with on my network at the office! I of course did not know this at the time, and as I began to lean about the phone I saw the default setting for e-mail and calendar on the phone was wrong and changed it to the correct primary e-mail address and BAM -- after the next synch EVERYTHING IS NOW GONE FROM MY OUTLOOK CALENDAR!

I can see everything just fine on the device if I view all calendars or specificaly select the hotmail calendar, but I can't operate this way going forward and I can't just reset the phone to have the hotmail as the default calendar e-mail address for numerous reasons.

PLEASE HELP! Does anyone know how to re-associate all of the appointments that were assigned to the hotmail account back to my primary account so I can view, edit, update, etc for them properly on Outlook?!?!?
    Also, does anone know what the "use the default synchronization settings for the organizer application on my computer" means on the desktop manager under the synchronization icon, and then configure synchronization options are? I think that may be the fix but am scared to do it in case it wipes everything out.

Any advice would be most appreciated.
    06-12-09 12:40 PM
    I just want to make sure I understand you. All of your meetings and such are in your BB calendar correct?
    06-12-09 01:54 PM
    Yes, but you can only look at them in the calendar on the BB labaled hotmail or all. They've somehow become associated with that account somehow and are only visible in outlook if I make the hotmail account my default folder. can't do that because I won't be able to scheudle future appoitnemtns through my network on outlook at my office.
    If you go to the appointment on the BB it says Send Using and then lsits the hotmail account" opn all my appointments. Even after I've changed the default settings to my primary account. I need to figure out how to switch them from the hotmail account to my primary account.
    Last edited by JoeyA22; 06-12-09 at 04:47 PM.
    06-12-09 04:40 PM
    First, backup the phone and also backup the calendar in outlook. Just in case.
    I'm assuming all events are still there and are all associated with the hotmail account. If not, do not proceed.
    1. make sure your DM software is set to prompt you before deleting events.
    2. set you default calendar to the hotmail account.
    3. sync with Outlook. This should put all of your events back into Outlook. (If some events are being deleted at this time, it is because they are on a different email account's calendar. Use the resync button to put them on the Hotmail account with the rest.)
    4. you should now have all of your events on Outlook.
    5. change the default calendar on the BB to the account you want to use and leave it.
    6. backup the calendar on Outlook just in case since you should have everything now.
    7. sync with outlook. Assuming you changed your options correctly for syncing, it will prompt you about deleting a lot of events. Resync. This will put all of the events on your new default email's calendar.
    8. filter the calendar to the default and confirm everything is there.
    9. filter to hotmail and delete all events. you can do this in bulk.
    10. relax and enjoy your calendar.

Now with that said, there is nothing wrong with setting a little used email address as the calendar default unless you are planning on removing that email address from your BB. Just food for thought.
    06-12-09 04:45 PM
    First, backup the phone and also backup the calendar in outlook. Just in case.
    I'm assuming all events are still there and are all associated with the hotmail account. If not, do not proceed.
    1. make sure your DM software is set to prompt you before deleting events.
    2. set you default calendar to the hotmail account.
    3. sync with Outlook. This should put all of your events back into Outlook. (If some events are being deleted at this time, it is because they are on a different email account's calendar. Use the resync button to put them on the Hotmail account with the rest.)
    4. you should now have all of your events on Outlook.
    5. change the default calendar on the BB to the account you want to use and leave it.
    6. backup the calendar on Outlook just in case since you should have everything now.
    7. sync with outlook. Assuming you changed your options correctly for syncing, it will prompt you about deleting a lot of events. Resync. This will put all of the events on your new default email's calendar.
    8. filter the calendar to the default and confirm everything is there.
    9. filter to hotmail and delete all events. you can do this in bulk.
    10. relax and enjoy your calendar.

Now with that said, there is nothing wrong with setting a little used email address as the calendar default unless you are planning on removing that email address from your BB. Just food for thought.
    ^^^ Good stuff. Beat me to it...
    06-12-09 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD