Hi all. To get things started.... I have a curve 8520 with tmobile. At my college we have wifi through out the campus but I don't have coverage there. I have unlimited messaging and web service. Anyways I can connect to the wifi and browse the web but I can not make or receive phone calls or text messages. I understand that without the @home plan I will get my minutes used up. Is there any advice on how to get my phone to be able to make calls through wifi. Thanks for the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 09:14 PM
    First, check out the Complete WiFi How To... then check out the UMA Guide... chances are you will not be able to make any of the UMA changes to the campus Wifi routers, but you will know why your UMA calling does not work.
    10-30-09 07:09 AM
    Thanks bud

11-01-09 02:31 PM
    Does it say UMA and is the Wi-Fi logo white?
    11-01-09 02:59 PM
    It says wifi and its grey. At my local coffee shop I tested it and it said UMA and I turned off the mobile network and I could make/recieve calls and make/recieve texts perfectly. I guess it is just the router at my campus.

11-02-09 10:41 PM
    It says wifi and its grey. At my local coffee shop I tested it and it said UMA and I turned off the mobile network and I could make/recieve calls and make/recieve texts perfectly. I guess it is just the router at my campus.

some campus block that to my knowledge, similar issues with connecting an xbox 360 to their network. they don't want you to bog down their network with things like that.
    11-03-09 02:47 AM
    Yes at my school it was blocked, something to do with firewall
    11-03-09 08:34 AM
    Pain in the ***, but should work everywhere else
    11-03-09 08:35 AM
    Thanks everyone.

11-03-09 02:33 PM
    The only thing I have noticed is mms won't send over wifi while sms and calls will, when I change it to Mobile Network Only the mms works fine.
    BB 8520 Router Netgear WGR614 v9

My first Blackberry different but in a good way.
    11-04-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD