I cannot open e-mail attachments under any of my e-mails through my blackberry. I have resent the service books. Done a battery pull. Hooked up to the app loader to make sure bb attachment service was installed. When I receive an e-mail and open it in messenger or under my e-mail folder it usually will say 1 attachment. However, after I click on it there is no prompt to view or download attachment. I am running the NotifySync software (hence I am BIS) and when I open an e-mail with an attachment under it I can download it, but when I click on view I get an error. The error says "There is no application installed to view the selected attachment." I have tested every thing from text attachments to jpegs and nothing will go through. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    02-17-09 10:43 PM
    Nine posts all about the same issue with multiple threads, nice.... Aside from what you have tried above have you called your carrier? What is your operating system on your phone? Options>status
    02-17-09 10:45 PM
    Yes I took the time to read all the posts here as well as all the other forums I could find on this subject over the last two days. So my my cry for help is not as lazy as it would appear. 4.3.0.127, Sprint, and no I have not called them. The last two times I called with an issue I knew more then their technical department and I don't know much.
    02-17-09 10:52 PM
    I would start off by plugging up and running DM to see that you have blackberry attachment service installed on your phone.....application loader>add remove> verify the check mark in the above.
    02-17-09 11:00 PM
    I did 3 times it was there and checked every time. It also shows up on my phone OS as under applications. I have also connected to the BIS and disconnected a couple of times supplementing that with battery pulls and service book resends, but I still don't even have the option to download or view attachments under messenger or under the service provider blackberry e-mail account.
    02-17-09 11:05 PM
    I did 3 times it was there and checked every time. It also shows up on my phone OS as under applications. I have also connected to the BIS and disconnected a couple of times supplementing that with battery pulls and service book resends, but I still don't even have the option to download or view attachments under messenger or under the service provider blackberry e-mail account.
    02-17-09 11:11 PM
    Here is an article from the BB support section about this problem. Try some of the things mentioned in it.

View Document

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD