So I was trying to open up some space on my Blackberry Pearl 8130 and downloaded some Memory Maximizer. I don't remember exactly what it was called, but the screen icon is an elephant. So anyway, I ran through everything, including a restart, and now my phone won't unlock.

When I try to put in my password, the keys don't type the appropriate letter. The first letter of my password is an "R", and for some reason, and letter that is the second letter on the key, will not work.

I keep searching online, and the only thing I come up with is how to unlock the phone for use with another carrier. As of right now I can only get incoming calls. Please help me.

P.S.- I do not currenly have access to my last backup as I'm at work. I also posted this in the Pearl specific forum, but I was hoping it would be seen here quicker. I apologize for the double post, I'm just at a total loss.
    05-01-11 07:20 AM
    Nevermind. I just found out what happens with too many failed password attempts. At least I can use the phone now and I can restore everything when I get home from work.
    05-01-11 08:28 AM
    lol.....................
    05-01-11 10:47 AM
    It sounds like you used MaxMem in case you wanted to know.
    05-01-11 10:52 AM
    Maxmem is my guess also. You should have read the instructions. If you didn't, you were lucky enough to not have a new pretty paper weight. Hopefully you were smart enough to have a recent backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD