i've just got a new blackberry and i've just moved to a new town. it would be really helpful if i could learn the roads i'm running. is there any way for a poor pay as you go loser like myself to get maps? for this new place? you know, where i could just get a local grip on things
    05-17-08 10:48 PM
    Try Nav4ALL.com. Works for me. Goodluck!!
    05-17-08 10:50 PM
    Google Maps
    05-17-08 10:56 PM
    If you want NO data, then Trekbuddy permits you to download maps to a computer (it does take effort) and place them on an SD card. So you could download your neighborhood and have the map right there.

BBMaps is also available from BB.
    05-17-08 11:18 PM
    Nav4All is pretty good, but I rather pay the $$$ for Telenav.

I also hear that Garmin is offering navigation, $100 one time fee for lifetime use.

CJ also told me about Co-Pilot.
    05-18-08 12:54 AM
    I use BB maps with and external gps.
    05-18-08 11:44 AM
    Nav4All is pretty good, but I rather pay the $$$ for Telenav.

I also hear that Garmin is offering navigation, $100 one time fee for lifetime use.

CJ also told me about Co-Pilot.
    Please note that the lifetime usage is device specific, only for the lifetime of that specific device that's registered with Garmin. Upgrade to a newer model device and it's another C-note.
    05-18-08 02:13 PM
    Garmin is offering a $100 lifetime use deal--but it's only good the lifetime of your current phone. Lose/switch phones, and you're gonna have to pay again. A cheaper way would be dropping maps onto your memory card, though that will take some time.
    05-18-08 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD