Blackberry 8800 - Locked - 850US$
    iPhone 3G 8GB - Locked - 750US$
    Blackberry Bold - Unlocked - 1200US$ (No warrenty)

Thats how much us poor folk are being made to shell out for our SmartPhones, we dont have any options of contract or subsidized phones.

So if you think berry is expensive at your place think again, and yes I am accepting old berries. Cant afford a new one and my curve's been acting up.
    09-15-08 10:01 AM
    Thats how much us poor folk are being made to shell out for our SmartPhones, we dont have any options of contract or subsidized phones.
    Personally, I say if you can't afford it, you don't need it. And, NO I'm not going to donate.
    09-15-08 10:09 AM
    don't you have phone insurance or anything??

i know how expensive phones are as i have bought plenty of full retail phones when i was at verizon. if you can't afford it then maybe you should buy a cheap flip until you CAN afford it.
    09-15-08 10:11 AM
    I was not serious about you actually donating a handset to me, I dont expect someone I dont even know to take the trouble of firstly parting with a handset and then paying for international shipping.

This is just a reminder of how good your life is.

And when you talk about not being able to afford them, tell me could you afford these prices where you are? You guys have good lives you earn well things are so different this side of the world.

EDIT : None of the phones here have any kind of insurance at all. And there is only one blackberry service centre here in India and the turnaround time to repair/replace the handset is about 1 month.
    Last edited by manav; 09-15-08 at 10:14 AM.
    09-15-08 10:11 AM
    EDIT : None of the phones here have any kind of insurance at all. And there is only one blackberry service centre here in India and the turnaround time to repair/replace the handset is about 1 month.
    Ok... How were we supposed to know from your original post that you were in India?
    09-15-08 10:33 AM
    Just because I have a BB doesn't mean that my life is good. We all have bills in the US, but maybe our priorities are different.

My son has a lot of medical bills added on top of our regular bills and car payments and mortgage payments, etc. If it came right down to it, I'd kiss my BB goodbye and never look back.
    09-15-08 11:05 AM
    hey, we aren't the Bank of India. Indians are wealthy enough to buy things. you can buy your own blackberry.
    09-15-08 11:12 AM
    The Bold comes with 12 months manufacturers warranty....well it does here anyway.
    09-15-08 11:20 AM
    This thread is just flame bait waiting to happen..closed!
    09-15-08 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD