Maybe OP should post a video of him or her picking up the phone and accidentally invoking a phone call. Seems rather easy to avoid IMHO.
    shorski and Thesmartmale like this.
    05-24-14 05:05 PM
    A way to fix this is to make the phone and camera icons at the bottom be activated by a short swipe rather than a tap, as an option of course (for more advanced users)

So if you wanted to use the phone app. Do a horizontal swipe on the icons maybe an inch across.

Something like the short swipe down gesture from the battery icon we make to activate the diagnostics window on the development Os.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    05-24-14 06:15 PM
    Maybe OP should post a video of him or her picking up the phone and accidentally invoking a phone call. Seems rather easy to avoid IMHO.
    Very funny. Buhahahaha ha!

Z30 - The BlackBerry Experience
    05-24-14 06:23 PM
    I'm surprised at the longevity of this thread. Apparently this is an issue, albeit a minor one that's just aggravating enough.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 09:06 PM
    What a bunch of snarky, smartasses here! The arrogance of some posters is unbelievable. Someone says they don't like the placement of the phone, camera and search buttons, and they get belittled. Well, I wish they could be removed at my discretion too. Furthermore, I don't give a rat's behind who disagrees with me. Some of you here think everyone must conform to what YOU think. Those of you who can't seem to allow others their opinions should go **** yourselves!

Posted using my Z10
    Ironic

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 12:02 AM
    I have the exact same problem on my Z30. I think the issue is that the if you touch the screen right at the edge of the camera or calls button, it activates it even though you are not directly touching the actual icon. I think shrinking the area and making it more central to the icon would solve this problem without having to remove the buttons.

One other issue I would like to see fixed is that every time I sit in my car and connect to the bluetooth, the music app launches automatically. Although this can be a good thing, it can be annoying sometimes and I would like to see an option for disabling it, which doesn't exist currently! Please Blackberry do something about these two things!
    This can be disabled if you go into bluetooth settings. Under the saved devices hold your finger on your car stereo until the side menu pops out and choose the first icon (4 horizontal bars) and turn off audio streaming.
    05-25-14 12:51 AM
    I use the camera icon constantly. I also use the phone icon very frequently.

I sometimes use the search icon to find an app or search for a document.

Never had a problem accidentally touching them. Maybe it takes longer for some people to transition to full touch screens?

I would be fine with an option to turn the icons off, but I wouldn't want them permanently removed.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    05-25-14 01:24 AM
    I agree they are useless and so easily activated. But looking at 10.3, they are still there

I would rather have them user customizable like in a dock or something, or none at all.
    I agree completely. It should be a user choice. I myself use it. I find it very convenient for taking photos and making calls.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-25-14 03:26 AM
    I too use them a lot. I would be OK with an option to toggle them on and off, or user defined. But I would be disappointed if they just disappeared.

Posted via CB10 With my awesome Z10
    05-25-14 08:59 AM
    I find myself hitting those button once in awhile by accident too but that doesn't bother me that much. If those buttons are not there will probably bother me more. Maybe BlackBerry can program it so you need to hold down on the button for at least 1 or 2 seconds before it activate the apps. That might solve the issue. Idk, just my 2 cents.

posted via CB10 using my awesome Z10 keyboard
    Isn't it a whole lot easier for you guys to just hit the power button to turn off the screen... I would hate to have to sit there and hold an icon before it does something

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by arfin; 05-25-14 at 01:34 PM.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    05-25-14 01:17 PM
    I always hit them accidentally on the q10 as well. It's quit annoying but I have more important things to worry about to even care.

An option for people would be ideal, even customizable location maybe.
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-25-14 01:52 PM
    Isn't it a whole lot easier for you guys to just hit the power button to turn off the screen... I would hate to have to sit there and hold an icon before it does something

Posted via CB10
    Yea idk many would miss those icons rather than many appreciate they are gone.

For one I have the search, phone and camera app icon on the third page in a folder named "useless " giving me a cleaner look. And it's actually imo easier to access those than app icons

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 01:52 PM
    I use them all the time

From my z30
    Me too

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    05-25-14 05:09 PM
    I use them a lot! So I like them. Every time I think of camera I use the camera button on the bottom right corner.
    Every time I call someone I use the bottom icon. What I think is useless is the search one.
    One could easily use the mute button.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    05-25-14 05:18 PM
    I also use them all the time. Hope they are not removed.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 05:26 PM
    If the bottom icons are removed my life will be over.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-25-14 05:34 PM
    I don't have those issues OP. Maybe setting it up as an option will please every one.
    05-26-14 10:37 AM
    Wish they were customizable. Seems kinda redundant on the qwerty models.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-26-14 12:13 PM
    Something will be done about these keys by 10.3.1 because the Q20/classic will have no use for the phone icon given the belt.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    05-26-14 05:47 PM
    I love those buttons. Mostly the camera and phone
    mnc76 likes this.
    05-26-14 05:53 PM
    I tend to hit the camera icon quite a few times accidentally. I will not go as far as suggesting to remove them altogether, but to provide an option to hide the icons individually through one of the setting options the way quick setting options from top down swipe is done.
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-26-14 06:52 PM
    Yea idk many would miss those icons rather than many appreciate they are gone.

For one I have the search, phone and camera app icon on the third page in a folder named "useless " giving me a cleaner look. And it's actually imo easier to access those than app icons

Posted via CB10
    Haha I do the exact same thing with a folder way at the back called 'useless apps' to help clean up my app screens. Other useless app icons such as 'text messages' and 'blackberry hub' are in there too since its much easier to swipe to the hub than find some silly app icon...

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-27-14 03:27 AM
    Haha I do the exact same thing with a folder way at the back called 'useless apps' to help clean up my app screens. Other useless app icons such as 'text messages' and 'blackberry hub' are in there too since its much easier to swipe to the hub than find some silly app icon...

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    Exactly. Some of those icons are silly but so many people have it on the first page so I appreciate BlackBerry putting them there

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 10:28 AM
    Exactly. Some of those icons are silly but so many people have it on the first page so I appreciate BlackBerry putting them there

Posted via CB10
    I guess some people just can't get used to the swipe gestures and their minds are stuck in lame ios/droid land...

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-27-14 12:35 PM
    I got rid of that stupid camera button. Don't miss how and don't care. Its gone!
    08-01-15 03:05 PM
100 ... 234