Hello,

Ive had a blackberry curve for almost 2 yrs now. The HTC Hero for sprint comes out in less than a month and im REALLY thinking about pulling the trigger. I LOVE the blackberry for its ease of use, but the Hero has many features that other phones just dont offer. Do any of my other sprint users have this dilemma?

PLEASE ADVISE

Thanks in advance...
    09-22-09 10:39 PM
    Android is cool OS, I've had the G1 since it came out, but if you do alot of mobile email it just cant compare..but I'm sure you knew that. Personally, I use my blackberry much more than the G1. If you do mainly web browsing, then the HTC would be much better, but you will miss the balckberry email very quickly.
    09-22-09 10:45 PM
    Upgrading to the latest is a good thing sometimes but I would say you should wait before you make the switch. Wait for it to be in stores and go fool around with a working model, see if you would actually like the layout and how it operates. Also, watch forums to hear some of the things people are experiencing and make your decision after that...

Personally, the GSM version of the phone looks great. The CDMA version of the phone coming to Sprint looks basic and doesn't set it apart from other phones like the GSM version does.
    09-22-09 11:01 PM
    thanks! heres how id use it: web, "pass the time gaming", mp3 player, texting, and OH YEAH, talking...also MTC, can it have a ringtone and vibrate at the same time?
    09-22-09 11:03 PM
    the only other version i know of is the euro release. the sprint version is supposed to have the software update making it smoother. but thanks on the advice. i will use floor model before deciding. did that with tour and trackball wouldnt wrk.
    09-22-09 11:05 PM
    Other devices are nice I won't try to convince you but I would say wait until it comes out for some hands on reviews

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 11:06 PM
    thanks! heres how id use it: web, "pass the time gaming", mp3 player, texting, and OH YEAH, talking...also MTC, can it have a ringtone and vibrate at the same time?
    I've used the Hero ROM.

You might want to check out the Android market before you start making plans to "pass the time gaming". Online version here:

Cyrket - Android Market Browser

The mp3 player is really nice. I give it a huge plus for that. But the media player on the Tour isn't too shabby either.

Texting is better on BB. And with threaded text coming on 5.0 soon, BB will probably remain the best texting device for a long, long time.

The Hero also works good as phone, but it's not near a quick to call as a BB (one button shortcut calling cant be beat).

Good luck with your choice. It sounds like you might just be ready to move on to a different OS.
    09-22-09 11:30 PM
    Well the issue here is that basically it seems like you've already pretty much got your heart on at least giving the Hero a go. I don't think it could hurt the give it a try.

Worst case scenario it seems is that you decide you hate the thing after a while and you come back in to our welcoming, warm, forever binding, death grip of CrackBerry love.
    09-23-09 02:39 AM
    Yeah, try it out because you will always wonder how that phone is gonna be. Plus its always good to try out other products. I'm interested in the nokia n900. I'm a crackberry addict but I'm also a gadget freak and interested in other devices.

09-23-09 02:58 AM
    Yeah, try it out because you will always wonder how that phone is gonna be. Plus its always good to try out other products. I'm interested in the nokia n900. I'm a crackberry addict but I'm also a gadget freak and interested in other devices.

Try it and see if you can live with it.
    I'm interestd in the n900 too, hoping that will be the ultimate phone/netbook combination.

09-23-09 03:29 AM
    One thing you might want to do first is a search on reviews of this phone. CNET is fairly decent but read them all. You'll get a lot more detail on what the different reviewers see as pros and cons and maybe get an idea if it has a problem with something you see as important. After all that, go play with it in the store. You should then be about as informed as you can be without actually buying it and trying it out.
    09-23-09 10:02 AM
    Indeed. That's probably why I always want to try a different phone though. I just keep reading reviews of the latest, though sometimes not the greatest phones available and they're all so damn shiny and slick looking!
    09-23-09 10:18 AM
    I say go for it...we will see you again soon enough.
    09-23-09 10:21 AM
    Indeed. That's probably why I always want to try a different phone though. I just keep reading reviews of the latest, though sometimes not the greatest phones available and they're all so damn shiny and slick looking!
    Since when did we start accepting crows as members here?

Convince the OP to stay? Alright, I'll take a shot.

Please stay, don't go, it's just... Ok, I did my part.

09-23-09 10:24 AM
    Go give it a go man! Then write a review for us. hahaha
    09-23-09 10:27 AM
    @Radius: LOL.

@OP: If you want crack you know where to find us
    09-23-09 10:28 AM
    I say go for it.
    09-23-09 10:37 AM
    hey guys and girls thanks for all the comments...much appreciated. i watched a ton of youtube videos on it and i think ill go for it. crackberry will remain bookmarked and i wont sell my curve...lol thanks again
    09-23-09 01:32 PM
    With the OP's second post, the first thing he listed is the web, Its a biggie for me as well. I'm thinking about the same phone.
    09-23-09 01:38 PM
    Please don't go!
    09-23-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD