I find it amusing as heck that folks continue to talk about BlackBerry's vaunted security and all the while they are taking side loaded Android apps not converted by them on their computer - and not realizing that the BB now has the same security of the dreaded virus carrying Android phones they love to taunt here. (I have to believe that BES Admins all over the world are disabling that function of the phone the day of deployment, if that's possible). I even go as far to say that your BB with a side load you did not convert to .bar is more vulnerable to a virus than my GNote that has never taken an app except from the Google Play Store.

Anyway check this out - this was on my G+ page yesterday for how cool the GN2 is OP. Since the Z10 is around the corner I would advise patience, were I able to get both I would try and be patient myself, but the Z10 better be a heck of a phone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=9nh2NSLgaII
    Wow. That is sick
    02-11-13 09:00 PM
    I like android and actually my advice is to get both. I have 3 phones depending on what I need. And 3 types of tablets.

You'll find one you just like better.

Sent from my BlackBerry S10 using Tapatalk Touch Beta
    02-11-13 09:01 PM
    if you move to Android i will kick a hundred kittens in the face and tell witnesses i was you.

Has that convinced you? what do i win?
    lol if I hand't seen the Not 2 video above, I'd say it worked
    02-11-13 09:01 PM
    Android and iOS too big compared to BB. Once you realize that the phone itself is not everything, you would go straight for Android or iOS. I just can't tell you not to buy an Android phone. But if you get one, don't buy the Nexus 4. The screen is freakin horrible and the unlock button is very hard to push despite it has the best form in my opinion. Get the S3, root it, put some mainstream custom ROM on it (stock UI not Samsung Touchwiz crap), install Nova Launcher, Swiftkey and you are good to go.
    The only reasons that can keep you stay with BB is the love for the company name or the hope for the better future with full of Google apps and service support or just the urge NOT to be mainstream. You decide...
    Extremely well put
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 09:03 PM
    I like android and actually my advice is to get both. I have 3 phones depending on what I need. And 3 types of tablets.

You'll find one you just like better.

Sent from my BlackBerry S10 using Tapatalk Touch Beta
    Nice which ones?
    02-11-13 09:04 PM
    Believe me, you can have both Swipe gestures and hidden docks can turn any look into an extremely functional machine
    Nice, I am seeing it ...
    02-11-13 09:05 PM
    Extremely well put
    Android sucks. It takes forever to get any updates on samsyng

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-11-13 09:51 PM
    Android sucks. It takes forever to get any updates on samsyng

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Stock android FTW...

Going HAM using Tapatalk
    02-11-13 09:52 PM
    Stock android FTW...

Going HAM using Tapatalk
    Meaning N4 over S3?

I just keep hearing great things about S3, that it's better than N4 in most ways (with the possible exception of updates)
    02-11-13 10:01 PM
    Meaning N4 over S3?

I just keep hearing great things about S3, that it's better than N4 in most ways (with the possible exception of updates)
    As far as updates I would choose a stock android device over the galaxy line. I wasn't impressed by the N4 (I still carry my gnexus). I'm intrigued by the SIV.

Going HAM using Tapatalk
    02-11-13 10:32 PM
    As far as updates I would choose a stock android device over the galaxy line. I wasn't impressed by the N4 (I still carry my gnexus). I'm intrigued by the SIV.

Going HAM using Tapatalk
    Isn't the S4 a Galaxy device?
    02-11-13 10:39 PM
    I find it amusing as heck that folks continue to talk about BlackBerry's vaunted security and all the while they are taking side loaded Android apps not converted by them on their computer - and not realizing that the BB now has the same security of the dreaded virus carrying Android phones they love to taunt here. (I have to believe that BES Admins all over the world are disabling that function of the phone the day of deployment, if that's possible). I even go as far to say that your BB with a side load you did not convert to .bar is more vulnerable to a virus than my GNote that has never taken an app except from the Google Play Store.

Anyway check this out - this was on my G+ page yesterday for how cool the GN2 is OP. Since the Z10 is around the corner I would advise patience, were I able to get both I would try and be patient myself, but the Z10 better be a heck of a phone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=9nh2NSLgaII
    We sandbox them in this thing called balance, keeps work and play separate by default.
    But i get what your implying and you are right about that...
    also not that randall2580 said this but.
    Do consider when people say "too much work to side load apps" but then having to try 4+ custom roms (same security risk as sideloading apps), rooting/ jailbreaking and various hacks and buying utilitarian software, just to get the phone "right".
    personally i have to use a firewall on my Android (AFWall+)
    Bobcat665 and randall2580 like this.
    02-11-13 11:41 PM
    Do consider when people say "too much work to side load apps" but then having to try 4+ custom roms (same security risk as sideloading apps), rooting/ jailbreaking and various hacks and buying utilitarian software, just to get the phone "right".
    Your point about side loading being no worse than rooting and ROMs on Android is a fair one. However it should be said that the most recent flagship, even newer than SG3 are beasts that honestly don't need to be rooted in order to just get the phone right, as you said.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-12-13 07:18 PM
    Isn't the S4 a Galaxy device?
    The S4 is a galaxy device that doesnt exist yet.

The N4 is a LG device aka the Nexus 4.
    not to be confused with the Galaxy Nexus which is also Samsung.

Android will be getting more manufacturers to do Nexus devices and i know HTC will definitely be making a Nexus device too. it can be confusing if you dont follow smartphones as Nexus is more of a Brand then a seperate device
    02-12-13 07:22 PM
    The only reason to get. Nexus over say a Samsung s3 or s4 coming out soon would be for vanilla Android and asap updates.

Besides that the s3 or s4 does just as much if not more. I'd rather have removable battery and extra SD storage and if need be change out ROMS if to impatient to wait for an OTA update from your carrier.

Just imo of course.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-12-13 10:01 PM
    The S4 is a galaxy device that doesnt exist yet.

The N4 is a LG device aka the Nexus 4.
    not to be confused with the Galaxy Nexus which is also Samsung.

Android will be getting more manufacturers to do Nexus devices and i know HTC will definitely be making a Nexus device too. it can be confusing if you dont follow smartphones as Nexus is more of a Brand then a seperate device
    Good point, so Nexus is basically Google's phone is that right?
    I wonder when Motorola will start to roll out Nexuses?
    02-12-13 10:13 PM
    Good point, so Nexus is basically Google's phone is that right?
    I wonder when Motorola will start to roll out Nexuses?
    You are correct sir, also Google wont officially support any Nexus device after 18 months or so from its launch date.
    02-12-13 10:44 PM
    You are correct sir, also Google wont officially support any Nexus device after 18 months or so from its launch date.
    Didn't know that.

XDA will, though.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-12-13 10:53 PM
    Didn't know that.

XDA will, though.
    That is my sources will post links from pc later... Nexus s no 4.2

EDIT: LINK
    Last edited by pcguy514; 02-13-13 at 06:36 AM. Reason: link added
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-12-13 11:17 PM
    Please convince me to not move to Android-31446900.jpg
    Right????????????
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-12-13 11:53 PM
    motorola is also due to do a nexus.
    it may even be in the form of their much anticipated X device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-13-13 04:54 AM
271 ... 91011