To address some of the OP's questions:
    -Yes, Google Now works in Canada. And it's amazing.

-The best Android keyboard to use is Swiftkey 3. It's designed by the same company that built BB10's keyboard, and the only difference is in layout (slightly) and word suggestion (Android only has 3, BB10 has at least 6). I played with the BB10 keyboard, and while I found my accuracy wasn't as good on it, I really did enjoy the extra word suggestions. Overall its a great keyboard, but the Android one is as well (not to mention highly customizable, no root necessary).

-No matter which phone you consider, be it the GS3 (or 4) or Nexus 4, you can install custom Launchers, which totally change how you interact with the phone, as well as can get rid of OEM skin annoyances (Like Touchwhiz). I use Nova Launcher, and I can incorporate swipe gestures, scrollable docks, swipeable icons etc. Not to mention many, many themes. Heck, you can buy a launcher that makes your phone look like a Windows 8 one. Most of these are no root required as well..

Overall, BB10 seems like a legit phone. However, there are still many issues that need to be addressed, with the biggest one to me being the app store. I don't NEED a ton of apps, but there are certain ones I can't/won't live without right now, and until BB10 gets them, I'll wait on the sidelines.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-09-13 06:15 PM
    Was just in a best buy and saw some girl with an galaxy 3 testing a z10 and saying that she wanted since it had what she wanted. Didn't pay attention so I am not sure what that was but it must have been good. Hub?

Her bf was saying "no one is buying bb right?". Best buy reps response was "actually alot of people have been buying the new z10". Alot different from a few months ago when the last reply I heard say "ya go android, I have one".

Point: the galaxy 3 owner seemed like a previous berry user and was looking at going back to blackberry. Save yourself the trouble in a few months when you come and ask "Please convince me to not move back to blackberry" on Android Central.
    02-09-13 06:34 PM
    That's understandable, but it would be very difficult to screw up a Nexus device. Google supplies a factory restore file that can undo any damage that you may have done to it. The first phone I ever rooted was my Nexus 4, and I'm very happy with the results. Mostly because I have full control of the device now and I can use great apps like Adaway, which completely removes ads from everything. Even other apps.

Another bonus of being rooted is it allows you to easily uninstall preloaded apps that you do not want or wont need. Apps like Google +, Chrome, Google Wallet, and Google Music. If I don't use it. I delete it. And you can also experiment with roms to get customize the device.

But no matter, even in factory new condition, Android devices can use Google Voice and Groove IP to become a very affordable phone. That reason alone is well worth the price of a Nexus 4. I hope BlackBerry 10 eventually gets that kind of functionality. Because I don't think I'm willing to go back to paying 100 or so dollars a month for a cellphone again. Just seems like such a waste of money now.
    Thanks, these are great suggestions. Seems like rooting an Android is alot easier than jailbreaking an iphone ...
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-09-13 09:14 PM
    To address some of the OP's questions:
    -Yes, Google Now works in Canada. And it's amazing.

-The best Android keyboard to use is Swiftkey 3. It's designed by the same company that built BB10's keyboard, and the only difference is in layout (slightly) and word suggestion (Android only has 3, BB10 has at least 6). I played with the BB10 keyboard, and while I found my accuracy wasn't as good on it, I really did enjoy the extra word suggestions. Overall its a great keyboard, but the Android one is as well (not to mention highly customizable, no root necessary).

-No matter which phone you consider, be it the GS3 (or 4) or Nexus 4, you can install custom Launchers, which totally change how you interact with the phone, as well as can get rid of OEM skin annoyances (Like Touchwhiz). I use Nova Launcher, and I can incorporate swipe gestures, scrollable docks, swipeable icons etc. Not to mention many, many themes. Heck, you can buy a launcher that makes your phone look like a Windows 8 one. Most of these are no root required as well..

Overall, BB10 seems like a legit phone. However, there are still many issues that need to be addressed, with the biggest one to me being the app store. I don't NEED a ton of apps, but there are certain ones I can't/won't live without right now, and until BB10 gets them, I'll wait on the sidelines.
    Thanks Rickroller, good to know. I'm in the same boat.
    BB keyboard looks great ... but SwiftKey looks a tad easier to see the suggestions as theyre right up @ the top instead of down on the keys ...
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-09-13 09:19 PM
    Was just in a best buy and saw some girl with an galaxy 3 testing a z10 and saying that she wanted since it had what she wanted. Didn't pay attention so I am not sure what that was but it must have been good. Hub?

Her bf was saying "no one is buying bb right?". Best buy reps response was "actually alot of people have been buying the new z10". Alot different from a few months ago when the last reply I heard say "ya go android, I have one".

Point: the galaxy 3 owner seemed like a previous berry user and was looking at going back to blackberry. Save yourself the trouble in a few months when you come and ask "Please convince me to not move back to blackberry" on Android Central.
    Hopefully I wont have to because BB will get the Google Apps ASAP!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-09-13 09:20 PM
    Hopefully I wont have to because BB will get the Google Apps ASAP!
    And thus the waiting game continues...for me, also. I knew the US release would occur at least a month past official release date, and I'm glad that many of the issues that need to be dealt with have a little more stew time. I'm satisfied with the functionality I have, and I wouldn't be making a hasty switch, myself. It can really bollix you up to have to face a possible move, as it did for me last year. What disappointed me the worst was that BB prices on my carrier didn't drop when I needed to make a move. And 10 wasn't ready when I had to make a second commitment.
    02-09-13 11:15 PM
    And thus the waiting game continues...for me, also. I knew the US release would occur at least a month past official release date, and I'm glad that many of the issues that need to be dealt with have a little more stew time. I'm satisfied with the functionality I have, and I wouldn't be making a hasty switch, myself. It can really bollix you up to have to face a possible move, as it did for me last year. What disappointed me the worst was that BB prices on my carrier didn't drop when I needed to make a move. And 10 wasn't ready when I had to make a second commitment.
    If I read correctly, you're a BB user who is currently using S3 and considering returning to BB Z10 -- can I ask why you might return to BB?
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-09-13 11:18 PM
    No disrespect but nobody cares what you choose its just an operating system you can switch and if you don't like it you can come back. Kevin made a review of the pros and cons and there's many pro's and con reviews all over the web. If its not working out for you then leave it's nobody's job on this site to convince you to stay or convert people from other platforms. If you really need to start a thread asking people to convince you to stay obviously you don't want to stay and by all means I'll open the door for you so you can leave, and I'll also open if when you decide you don't like the other platform you decide on. Why? Because it's just a piece of technology it isn't going to work for everyone and its also nice to try new things. I'm testing out the iPhone5 before the bb10 comes out on Verizon, and if i like it then i'll stay till i get bored of it. it's personal preference take it or leave it who cares, try other things out try an iphone try an android try a windows phone people can tell you many different things but at the end of the day it's what YOU like not what WE like that is going to satisfy you.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-09-13 11:23 PM
    BB keyboard looks great ... but SwiftKey looks a tad easier to see the suggestions as theyre right up @ the top instead of down on the keys ...
    Don't forget Swype, which is arguably the FASTEST keyboard (virtual or physical) in the world.
    02-09-13 11:24 PM
    Don't forget Swype, which is arguably the FASTEST keyboard (virtual or physical) in the world.
    looks amazing, also looks like 4.2 has a swype-type gesture keyboard. Does swype have auto-text ability though? (pre-user-definable keyboard substitutions: I type myaddr, I get "3487345 NowhereDrive Calgary Alberta d7e7rt CANADA" immediately typed out .......
    02-09-13 11:34 PM
    Help me obi one kenobi, you are my only hope

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-09-13 11:49 PM
    Help me obi one kenobi, you are my only hope

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Basically
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-09-13 11:50 PM
    looks amazing, also looks like 4.2 has a swype-type gesture keyboard. Does swype have auto-text ability though? (pre-user-definable keyboard substitutions: I type myaddr, I get "3487345 NowhereDrive Calgary Alberta d7e7rt CANADA" immediately typed out .......
    AFAIK, no, Swype does not have auto-text. HUGE drawback. A popular swiping keyboard called SlideIt does, I believe.
    02-09-13 11:56 PM
    If I read correctly, you're a BB user who is currently using S3 and considering returning to BB Z10 -- can I ask why you might return to BB?
    In short, I've grown accustomed to new experiences, and go for them often in the Smartphone realm. One is to resume using BBM. I still have a core of friends, virtual and quite real using BBM. I've always enjoyed my BBs. But I'm no longer locked into the mentality that nothing else exists. I'm also a CrackBerry, this is my forum home. I never posted an 'I'm leaving' thread, because I've always expected to carry on. I state my opinions and help people where I can, and sometimes, it is whether to step over a boundary. While I don't change ROMs and do a lot of customization, I put a platform through the wringer. If it fails to keep up, I look to move on.

Regardless of what happens, I try to have some fun, and make some folks laugh. It makes the day go better.
    02-10-13 12:09 AM
    I think I asked already, but did we convince you? Or did we choose for you yet?
    02-10-13 12:24 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy and the new BB Z10. There is no way the Samsung (Android) keyboard is as good. In fact, the intuitive typing feature on the Android can be a real pain. You have to remember with BB10, this is the first release of a brand new platform, There is a tremendous amount of potential here. I'm not saying Android is inferior or better. They both have good and bad points. If anyone's OS is falling behind, I think it's Apple's. Right now both Apple and Android obviously have an advantage with app availability. If that's important to you, then go to Android. I personally think that may change. Some of the apps on BB10 are gorgeous and I think you are going to see some good ones coming down the road. The flow and multitasking of BB10 is also superior to Android and way more superior to IOS.
    02-10-13 12:28 AM
    This is what I like to hear
    02-10-13 01:52 AM
    Yeah I agree.. I have a galaxy note but my BBRY will always be my primary device. Android has many different launchers to choose from...so you can always have a change and make your device feel new. It all depends on what you need... BBRY has finally gotten some major apps that people 'seem to need' ...so don't worry the apps will come, better to get a working app than a rushed one that people will then whine about...

At the end it's all about personal preference and which device suits you best...for me my 9000, 9900 have always met my needs...they did what I needed best. My Z10 I'm sure will exceed that... So I'm happy..
    02-10-13 01:55 AM
    Try a couple of Android phones, try a Z10, try a Windows Phone device like the Lumia and decide for yourself.
    02-10-13 07:19 AM
    You can change the bb keyboard to show suggestions at the top instead of the over the keys
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-10-13 07:29 AM

It should be pointed out that Android launcher swipe gestures do not work anywhere on the OS except for the home screen. You're still reliant on the buttons.

Until they hack a way to install Ubuntu phone OS on Android phones AND run android apps on it.
    02-10-13 08:23 AM
    AFAIK, no, Swype does not have auto-text. HUGE drawback. A popular swiping keyboard called SlideIt does, I believe.
    Nice. SwiftKey looks like they might add the function too
    02-10-13 08:52 AM
    In short, I've grown accustomed to new experiences, and go for them often in the Smartphone realm. One is to resume using BBM. I still have a core of friends, virtual and quite real using BBM. I've always enjoyed my BBs. But I'm no longer locked into the mentality that nothing else exists. I'm also a CrackBerry, this is my forum home. I never posted an 'I'm leaving' thread, because I've always expected to carry on. I state my opinions and help people where I can, and sometimes, it is whether to step over a boundary. While I don't change ROMs and do a lot of customization, I put a platform through the wringer. If it fails to keep up, I look to move on.

Regardless of what happens, I try to have some fun, and make some folks laugh. It makes the day go better.
    Got it ok... yeah, I'm not a BBM-er, so its the efficiency, security and quick messaging (& keyboard shortcuts) that I love about BB
    02-10-13 08:54 AM
    I think I asked already, but did we convince you? Or did we choose for you yet?
    Still majorly on the fence, thanks for asking. If I saw evidence of Google Voice, Gmail app on Z10 I would stay put but that doesn't look likely.
    Scared to make the Android jump though. The malware / fragmentation reminds me of PC era Windows.
    02-10-13 08:56 AM
    Nice. SwiftKey looks like they might add the function too
    There's definitely a reason they're one of the top downloaded apps. I just missed getting that keyboard on special for Christmas, and watch for a deal on it, again.
    02-10-13 08:57 AM
271 ... 45678 ...