You should just decide it for yourself tbh, no one can really convince you..they'll just post facts and new things which are better then the android and then an argument might stir up blah blah blah..if you don't like it return it, if you do like it then you do..simple..no one's forcing you here.
    I mean is there any real hope BB will get stable Google Apps? Or a decent cloud? Or a worthy Google Now competitor?
    02-09-13 01:35 AM
    Nice, Am I wrong in saying Google Now looks utterly sick?
    Can I ask do you use stock keyboard or an app?
    Google now is hands down the best voice software available anywhere right now. I can press the mic button on my steering wheel in my car while Bluetooth is on and operate the phone without touching the device. "Play song" "send text" "navigate to" or just look info up and when I'm at work it knows when I leave and has traffic waiting for me with fastest routes available. If I've watched a YouTube video for a band and they're playing near me it alerts me... Stuff like that, yeah its great. I use the stock keyboard app which works pretty well and has swype functions
    02-09-13 01:36 AM
    Google now is hands down the best voice software available anywhere right now. I can press the mic button on my steering wheel in my car while Bluetooth is on and operate the phone without touching the device. "Play song" "send text" "navigate to" or just look info up and when I'm at work it knows when I leave and has traffic waiting for me with fastest routes available. If I've watched a YouTube video for a band and they're playing near me it alerts me... Stuff like that, yeah its great. I use the stock keyboard app which works pretty well and has swype functions
    Wow, I am salivating.
    On BB I like that I can read and delete an email (gmail account), but then its still there on my Mac laptop ie its not been deleted.
    I am sure this has to be possible on android?
    02-09-13 01:40 AM
    Nice, ok so you use S3. Looks like S3 has removable battery. That might be reason alone to choose that instead of Nexus 4. Unless there are portable charging options for Nexus 4?
    I use the SIII for a number of reasons, and part of it is the removable battery with larger battery options available. Being as it is a highly popular device, there are more options for accessories, and memory expansion up to 64 GB, currently. The UI is for some people, others don't lime manufacturer options for screens/launching. I use a minimal case that adds protection with little bulk and makes it perfect for pocket carry. The clCalendar in Samsung blows the one I had in the Photon away. It even makes the Style look kinda out there. There are arguments for many of the devices out there, but there are a lot of familiar and transitional things between the Sammy and BB.
    02-09-13 01:43 AM
    I use the SIII for a number of reasons, and part of it is the removable battery with larger battery options available. Being as it is a highly popular device, there are more options for accessories, and memory expansion up to 64 GB, currently. The UI is for some people, others don't lime manufacturer options for screens/launching. I use a minimal case that adds protection with little bulk and makes it perfect for pocket carry. The clCalendar in Samsung blows the one I had in the Photon away. It even makes the Style look kinda out there. There are arguments for many of the devices out there, but there are a lot of familiar and transitional things between the Sammy and BB.
    Ok, so you're recommending S3 for a BB defector it sounds like. I am inclined to agree, if only due to the battery question.
    Is malware a real problem or just overblown?
    02-09-13 01:46 AM
    You should just decide it for yourself tbh, no one can really convince you..they'll just post facts and new things which are better then the android and then an argument might stir up blah blah blah..if you don't like it return it, if you do like it then you do..simple..no one's forcing you here.
    Arguments is one of the things I wouldn't want to take over. That's why I give honest information and ask a poster to go hands on for the real skinny, because descriptions don't always do a device justice. Learning the competitor is a strength, and can lead to better helping someone if not leading with vapid fanboism. The world is much larger than a narrow mind, and everyone can have crazy moments. But there is a benefit to trial periods, and that is giving others a chance to explore.
    02-09-13 01:51 AM
    Arguments is one of the things I wouldn't want to take over. That's why I give honest information and ask a poster to go hands on for the real skinny, because descriptions don't always do a device justice. Learning the competitor is a strength, and can lead to better helping someone if not leading with vapid fanboism. The world is much larger than a narrow mind, and everyone can have crazy moments. But there is a benefit to trial periods, and that is giving others a chance to explore.
    I'm going to try an Android next time I'm in a store. Its a big move; whichever OS I go with (will be either BB or Android) I will be investing in big-time, so I'd like to make the right choice.

Thank goodness for Crackberry.com !
    02-09-13 01:56 AM
    Yeah I would say if you were to go get the n4. It's stock Google so you will get updates first and works right, for an android...

Now you want us to convince you to stay but it doesn't sound like you want to stay.
    02-09-13 01:56 AM
    Ok, so you're recommending S3 for a BB defector it sounds like. I am inclined to agree, if only due to the battery question.
    Is malware a real problem or just overblown?
    Not a defector, actually, just an explorer, although some of the more rabid would brand me a heretic for saying positive things about a competitor. Malware can happen, but less likely if you stay with reputable apps and developers. There are experts who give tips on what to watch for, and being responsible to look for signs of trouble is a good idea. I have three app stores, Google Play, Samsung, and Amazon.com. I primarily use GP for downloads, and usually you're gonna be o.k. with it. I have the others primarily for research.
    02-09-13 02:00 AM
    Yeah I would say if you were to go get the n4. It's stock Google so you will get updates first and works right, for an android...

Now you want us to convince you to stay but it doesn't sound like you want to stay.
    I want BB to hurry up and make a deal with Google but it probably wont happen.
    Nexus 4 looks nice except the battery -- will have research portable power options for that.
    Galaxy S4 looks to be upcoming too - I wonder how that will look?
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-09-13 02:02 AM
    Give the z10 a shot. I can't stop saying great things about this device. And I left BlackBerry went to android and rooted and rom'd up phones ate jelly beans and froyo. And I came back got my 9900 and while I lost apps. I gained functionality, practicality, and reliability. Do what you need to, but those reasons seem minute to a refocused company that just made the (in my biased opinion) greatest phone yet.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 02:04 AM
    Not a defector, actually, just an explorer, although some of the more rabid would brand me a heretic for saying positive things about a competitor. Malware can happen, but less likely if you stay with reputable apps and developers. There are experts who give tips on what to watch for, and being responsible to look for signs of trouble is a good idea. I have three app stores, Google Play, Samsung, and Amazon.com. I primarily use GP for downloads, and usually you're gonna be o.k. with it. I have the others primarily for research.
    ew.
    Cool, I'm not really into apps anyway. I'd research plenty before DL-ing something.
    Its an interesting ecosystem. Much moreso than iPhone in my view.
    02-09-13 02:04 AM
    I'm going to try an Android next time I'm in a store. Its a big move; whichever OS I go with (will be either BB or Android) I will be investing in big-time, so I'd like to make the right choice.

Thank goodness for Crackberry.com !
    It's too big for some folk, but if you get the chance to play with a Note 2 grab it. Brilliant device. My z10 arrives in 5 days, and in the meantime I'm really enjoying the Note 2.
    02-09-13 02:06 AM
    I've been waiting months and months for BB10. Not willing to wait much longer for basic Google Apps.
    Hopefully the apps kick in before Galaxy s4.
    yet you're willing to move on because of them?
    02-09-13 02:06 AM
    Give the z10 a shot. I can't stop saying great things about this device. And I left BlackBerry went to android and rooted and rom'd up phones ate jelly beans and froyo. And I came back got my 9900 and while I lost apps. I gained functionality, practicality, and reliability. Do what you need to, but those reasons seem minute to a refocused company that just made the (in my biased opinion) greatest phone yet.

I wish.
    But If I can't get Google Voice, I can't do it. And no gmail app, no google maps?
    I love my BB 9900 but its time to add some power. And I can't lose Google ecosystem.
    02-09-13 02:07 AM
    It's too big for some folk, but if you get the chance to play with a Note 2 grab it. Brilliant device. My z10 arrives in 5 days, and in the meantime I'm really enjoying the Note 2.
    Note 2 looks phenomenal. Other than large size are there any other downsides?
    02-09-13 02:08 AM
    A guide on the the TouchWiz UI.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ml#post2483949

I use the SIII in the same ways I used BB. I'm as efficient in either format, once I learned the tricks and differences between the two. In some methods, I may be a little quicker on one side or the other, but they offset.*I'm looking forward to the new generation of BB, and wanna see a winner.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-09-13 at 02:19 AM.
    02-09-13 02:09 AM
    yet you're willing to move on because of them?
    Not so much willing to, more forced to. My 9900 has google voice and google maps and gmail. Apparently Z10 has none of them !
    02-09-13 02:10 AM
    It depends on what is most important to you. Apps? A touchscreen experience over a qwerty? Better specs? Before you jump the BB ship, I would do some research into different Droids to decide what will best meet your needs. I agree with a previous poster, do not get a cheap one. I had a ZTE from Cricket that was horrible. The battery life was poor and the headset volume for calls was so low even with the volume turned all the way up. I also had an LG Optimus S that was pretty good.

If you do decide to stay with us, give the Z10 a chance. Given enough time, I think the potential for the new platform to grow and improve beyond even what the competitors are doing is there.

But you must do what you feel is best in your heart. :-)
    02-09-13 02:12 AM
    Yeah... that's the trouble. I mean windows could say NOPE and shut Skype from other manufacturers. Submit a ticket to Google. If enough people back you they may do it.

My Z10 is weeping that you won't love bb10

02-09-13 02:13 AM
    Not so much willing to, more forced to. My 9900 has google voice and google maps and gmail. Apparently Z10 has none of them !
    no ones forcing you. it has gmail and maps (albeit in the browser), so I don't know where you get your info from.
    02-09-13 02:14 AM
    It depends on what is most important to you. Apps? A touchscreen experience over a qwerty? Better specs? Before you jump the BB ship, I would do some research into different Droids to decide what will best meet your needs. I agree with a previous poster, do not get a cheap one. I had a ZTE from Cricket that was horrible. The battery life was poor and the headset volume for calls was so low even with the volume turned all the way up. I also had an LG Optimus S that was pretty good.

If you do decide to stay with us, give the Z10 a chance. Given enough time, I think the potential for the new platform to grow and improve beyond even what the competitors are doing is there.

But you must do what you feel is best in your heart. :-)
    Thanks! Yes, I'd only go for high-end (S3, Note2 or N4). I've been waiting for BB10 a long time; it does seem that Google is shutting BB out though and that scares me. I love BB but i NEED my Gmail and Google voice !
    02-09-13 02:15 AM
    no ones forcing you. it has gmail and maps (albeit in the browser), so I don't know where you get your info from.
    When you say Gmail - Gmail app? Thats what I mean .... ie I can search my gmail for an email from 6 yrs ago etc etc. .... need that functionality.
    02-09-13 02:17 AM
    Yeah... that's the trouble. I mean windows could say NOPE and shut Skype from other manufacturers. Submit a ticket to Google. If enough people back you they may do it.

My Z10 is weeping that you won't love bb10

Z10 looks amazing. I just wish someone would post a video with some of the Google Apps running on it.
    If they did, I'd buy it tomorrow!
    02-09-13 02:19 AM
    Thanks! Yes, I'd only go for high-end (S3, Note2 or N4). I've been waiting for BB10 a long time; it does seem that Google is shutting BB out though and that scares me. I love BB but i NEED my Gmail and Google voice !
    You're welcome! Yeah, it's a shame that seems to be happening. All my emails are through Gmail and I use Google Voice regularly myself.
    02-09-13 02:21 AM
271 1234 ...