Just saw this in App World. Seems to mesh with the latest leaked info on OS 2.1. Any other Canucks seeing the same thing?
    anon(3750701) likes this.
    07-25-12 01:08 AM
    Ohh Ill have a look. Does it work?
    07-25-12 01:11 AM
    Damn. I was hoping to break the news! Had screen shots and everything
    07-25-12 01:55 AM
    Damn. I was hoping to break the news! Had screen shots and everything
    Haha, Hate when that happens. btw I'm playing with the store on my PB as we speek

BTW did anyone else notice the:
    Warning
    Using the Video Store over the MOBILE NETWORK or while ROAMING
    might result in increased data charges.

I would say it's definitly 4G ready .......I wonder if I can bridge it too?....
    Last edited by bbpandy; 07-25-12 at 03:19 AM.
    07-25-12 03:10 AM
    Thanks for the heads up! I've downloaded it and will have a peak into what's available later on when my second cup of coffee kicks in (and thus I can actually retain information).
    Last edited by hpjrt; 07-26-12 at 06:35 AM.
    07-25-12 06:31 AM
    What are the prices like?
    07-25-12 07:11 AM
    4.99 to rent
    19.99 to buy a title
    07-25-12 07:47 AM
    Good lord, that selection! In the Highlights section no less.
    07-25-12 07:48 AM
    What's up with this? I've had Video Store for a couple weeks, never used it until I saw the notice today. It won't accept Cdn provinces and postal codes?? Ready for use in Canada? Let's go!
    "This item not supported by your current device profile." Wha?
    07-25-12 08:39 AM
    About time.
    07-25-12 08:43 AM
    Ah what a bad day not to bring the playbook to work the one time -_-
    07-25-12 08:45 AM
    Those that have bought any vids/tried out the app, if you have a second I would love to know if:

1) Are the videos DRM free? Is it possible to transfer the files to play on another device (like a BB Bold 9900)

2) Are the video available in 1080p/5.1 surround? Or are they "downscaled" to work with the PlayBook's resolution.

Thanks so much.
    Last edited by blackberry_juice; 07-25-12 at 08:50 AM. Reason: grammatical error in the first line was bothering me
    07-25-12 08:49 AM
    Okay so I'm confused. I registered within the app and all is well. Went to the parental settings and it took me to the BB Rovi site where I had to sign in. It wouldn't accept my login info from the app. So I signed up to the site with the same email, username and password. When I try to connect/link the device in the device management section it says to do it from within the app and to follow the directions of which there are none nor is there anything in the app (from what I can tell). Any thoughts?
    07-25-12 09:19 AM
    Does anyone know where or how or if I can even browse the titles available on the Video Store without having a BB account?

I do not have a blackberry or playbook, but am hoping that will change in the next couple of weeks, with a possible playbook purchase...

I want to see what the selection is before I proceed.
    07-25-12 01:53 PM
    Yeah I realized most were $19.99 to buy or $4.99 to rent
    I realized that "Inception" was on sale for $9.99 and wasn't one of the $19.99 movies. It's great now that you can watch movies right on your playbook and supports HDMI. Plus, you dont have to go through all the "Rip From DVD" thing anymore.
    wicher likes this.
    07-25-12 02:03 PM
    We also need to keep in mind that in Canada, we are governed by the rules outlined in the CRTC. It dictates what we can and cannot watch and ensures that there is a percentage of Canadian content. I'm sure this the main reason why this was released in Canada only today. I don't know for sure, but other countries may have similar rules when it comes to radio and television, hence the country by country roll-out.

The content on the Playbook video store will differ from the content in other countries.
    07-25-12 02:14 PM
    What's up with this? I've had Video Store for a couple weeks, never used it until I saw the notice today. It won't accept Cdn provinces and postal codes?? Ready for use in Canada? Let's go!
    "This item not supported by your current device profile." Wha?
    Did you get set up okay? I had no problem putting in our address and postal code - we're in Ontario. I didn't set up my account until this afternoon though.
    07-25-12 02:50 PM
    Watching Sherlock Holmes as we speak. Nice addition.
    07-25-12 07:28 PM
    This looks good. Nice to see some real function starting to show up.
    07-25-12 08:35 PM
    come on RIM...theres a whole world awaiting over the atlantic and the pacific.
    07-26-12 03:34 AM
    Been a while now, yet I am not seeing new movies.
    When can we expect more releases ?
    08-16-12 02:46 PM
    downloading it now
    08-16-12 04:58 PM
    Sorry - do we get the video store from app world?
    08-17-12 11:27 AM
    Sorry - do we get the video store from app world?
    Yes it can be found in Appworld. Can anyone answer the question on whether or not this content has DRM? I would love to download some videos but I will only pay the high prices if i can then load this content on my other devices. also what format are the downloaded videos in?
    08-17-12 12:05 PM
    I just wanted to let all you guys know that movies you rent or buy on your playbook are A). Standard definition only if you buy them, and b) cannot be viewed on anything other than your individual playbook. There is no way to license the movies for other devices (not even other playbooks), no way to play them on your home computer, and not even a web client to stream the movies when you're away from your playbook.

It's pretty much the worst deal in tech. The only use that I can see for the video store is renting movies occasionally for off line viewing on a plane or something. If The movie is good enough to buy, I'm still going for the DVD and ripping it to MP4. It's a way better deal for the money.

I was actually really hoping for a solution that would allow me to watch DRM-protected movies on my Playbook and other home devices. But alas, it's not to be.

If you do buy movies on your playbook, you'd better hope that it doesn't break, as all your movies will go down the toilet with it.
    08-18-12 08:33 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD