Near perfectly is in the eyes of the beholder. One mans near perfectly is another mans piece of junk. Sales have little to do with perfection. How many hamburgers has MacDonalds sold?
    I like the closing question.
    11-17-10 07:08 PM
    Yet how long did people argue how many units RIM sold, when half were POS sub $100 models?

Apple sells a quality product and JD Power has proved that year after year, while still pumping out nearly as many, or more recently, of units.

Help me understand the title of this thread. How can a piece of hardware that has not yet been introduced to the market get competition?
    I agree, I dont get it either. How can something that doesnt exist in the market even have competition?

And of course people want to compare it already, of course conveniently to a model near the end of it's life cycle. There will be more advanced Android pads and a new ipad by the time this thing comes out. That will be a fair competition comparison, not a 1/2 year old device vs one not even out to the public yet.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-17-10 at 09:39 PM.
    11-17-10 09:35 PM
    It's a matter of speculation. Unfortunately, that speculation will, in a way, drive stock prices for a given company. People will take a gamble on a company when a prospective product is about to hit the shelves, and looks promising.
    11-17-10 09:56 PM
    of course there is going to be competition but one thing is for sure that will win over some is bb integration. also look at the current tabs. they are all running the same os as a phone. ipad is a big *** iphone and android tabs are the samthing. i just wish the screen size compared to the unit might be bigger or the unit itself would be smaller with a 7" screen
    Last edited by Emu the Foo; 11-17-10 at 10:59 PM.
    11-17-10 10:57 PM
    also look at the current tabs. they are all running the same os as a phone. ipad is a big *** iphone and android tabs are the samthing.
    And what's wrong with that? There are a lot of pluses to that- familiarity with the OS since its the same, apps work on all devices with that OS, etc.

Think about it this way, you have BB apps, but they wont work on the Playbook or vice versa. And if there is say an app for both, who's to say you wont have to pay for both versions. There cant be a universal app that works on both since they're different OSes (as far as we know so far).

I also have a sneaking suspicion QSX will make it onto BB phones soon. So then what will the Playbook be? A big *** BB!
    11-17-10 11:03 PM
    ^Dude..how many posts about the Playbook have you seen and read..yet you continue to still call it QSX..its Q-N-X. Pull Steves ballsack out of your mouth and quit mumbling..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 11:46 PM
    If the playbook launch around the same time frame as the IPAD2, then it's going to be a rough quarter for R.I.M
    11-17-10 11:59 PM
    If the playbook launch around the same time frame as the IPAD2, then it's going to be a rough quarter for R.I.M
    I doubt it would impact that much. Most of the iPad fanbois aren't gonna be swayed to Playbook unless it came with a free date with Steve. The corporations are already starting to line up..as are most of the existing RIM users (which are Millions). I'm sure their sales won't dissappoint the shareholders (because as far as sales go..that's the only people that should be concerned)

11-18-10 12:07 AM
    I'm still on the fence about tablets, and iPads right now. I guess, I'll have to toy with one the next time I'm at a Verizon store.
    11-18-10 01:59 AM
    I doubt it would impact that much. Most of the iPad fanbois aren't gonna be swayed to Playbook unless it came with a free date with Steve. The corporations are already starting to line up..as are most of the existing RIM users (which are Millions). I'm sure their sales won't dissappoint the shareholders (because as far as sales go..that's the only people that should be concerned)

lol @ date with steve...that made me chuckle
    11-18-10 09:08 AM
    That's a rather BOLD statement! Do you really think, based on the past performance of RIM and Apple, that the iPad2 will be so much better than the Playbook??? Oh, never mind!
    11-18-10 11:56 AM
    That's a rather BOLD statement! Do you really think, based on the past performance of RIM and Apple, that the iPad2 will be so much better than the Playbook??? Oh, never mind!
    ^^^show me where I said the ipad2 was going to be better than the playbook....don't worry ill wait....
    11-18-10 01:09 PM
    ^^^show me where I said the ipad2 was going to be better than the playbook....don't worry ill wait....
    Sorry, did not mean to upset you; I was kidding/making a point...but when someone says if two items come out at the same time and it's going to be a rough quarter for one company, one can reasonably assume, it means one is superior over the other. Hope I didn't make you wait too long.
    11-18-10 03:32 PM
    Help me understand the title of this thread. How can a piece of hardware that has not yet been introduced to the market get competition?
    It is explained in the first post. IF we were just to use the spec sheets as a guide and we agree that those spec sheets were 100% accurate, the Playbook would be the top device. Again this is all speculation and really just a hypothesis to debate.

In the real world spec sheets can say whatever they want, until you have a product in your hands, performing under real world conditions its impossible to predict how it will perform.
    11-18-10 04:00 PM
    11-18-10 04:00 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD