Looks like RIM is having a hard time convincing critics the Playbook is for real.

The Reviews Of The BlackBerry PlayBook Are Unbelievably Bad
    04-14-11 08:51 AM
    I haven't seen a review that thoroughly trashed it yet, but they all seem to say that it obviously isn't finished, and that is an accurate statement. Also saying that device is more of a companion to a BB than a stand alone device, give that you need the Bridge for non web based e-mail, Calendar, and messaging is also accurate. And the lack of support for Android apps till this summer. Until the "Gold" or "Platinum" or whatever RIM is calling it is out then we aren't seeing the released version. The scary thing is that they have been working on this thing for so long and the reviewers are saying their have been lots of memory issues with the software. It is what it is.
    04-14-11 09:00 AM
    Unbelievably bad? Complete horse****. Typical grasping for a headline. Read the reviews and decide for yourself if it's not 'fully baked'. Obviously the author didn't, let alone actually use one himself.

As for the suggestion that the PB is useless to anyone without a BlackBerry phone, first off, there are still a LOT of people using BlackBerry's. Secondly, lack of a native email and calendar client is not a deal breaker for everybody, and even if it is, that will be addressed in just a few months. It's not like the entire geek world is going to run out and buy a tablet between now and then.

Sorry, this isn't intended to be directed at the OP. I just have no tolerance for this kind of lame-a$$ 'journalism'.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-11 09:05 AM
    Theres already a whole whack of review discussion threads in the PB sub-forum. Lets keep things organized and stick to those for now.
    04-14-11 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD