I just got this off appygeek I thought it newsworthy if for no other reason then it shines the playbook in a positve way something thats a little hard to come by these days....... so enjoy.

RIM's PlayBook and the iPad are suitable for enterprise, the Galaxy Tab not so much: study

by Doug Drinkwater, tabtimes.comOctober 5th 2012

The PlayBook is rated as being ideal for enterprises with BYOD schemes
    The firm�s �Tablets in the Enterprise � A Hard Pill to Swallow� whitepaper claims that Apple�s iPad and RIM�s PlayBook are the most secure tablets and asserts that the PlayBook�s ability to effectively separate personal and work makes it the most workable solution for BYOD.

The report was less enthusiastic about the prospects of Samsung�s Galaxy Tab, however. Chosen because it was a 'good representative' of other Android tablets, Context says that the tablet has some �serious security failings� and therefore cannot recommend the slate for enterprise users.

Context says that all three tablets (a WiFi-only iPad 2; a PlayBook; a WiFi-only Samsung Galaxy 7.0 Plus) offered relatively good support for Exchange ActiveSync, which allows core security features to be managed by a central Exchange server, but saw significant differences in overall security between the Galaxy and the iPad and PlayBook.

Looking at tablets in reference to data protection, software integrity and updates, access control and security configuration profiles, as well as backup and synchronization, the researcher says that both the iPad and BlackBerry offer robust data protection and 'damage limitation facilities'.

That said, the firm reveals that the iPad (running iOS 5) is vulnerable to new jailbreaks and offers ineffective disk encryption, with iTunes commonly saving back-up files in clear text.

Context was even more damming when it came to the Samsung model, claiming that it does not ship with a locked bootloader and that the disk encryption is weak and intrusive to use. Even when encryption is enabled, badly-written apps could still store sensitive data on the unencrypted SD card, reveals the report.

Furthermore, Context adds that a lack of basic enterprise-level management tools means only a handful of Galaxy Tabs can be managed at one time, a problem which the firm also encountered with Apple's iPad.

"It is difficult to ignore the growing presence of tablet computers in the home and workplace offering a blend of productivity, connectivity and physical freedom which has never been achieved before," says Jonathan Roach, principal consultant at Context and author of the report.

"The device format is perfect for social networking and creating and sharing documents, presentations and other content on-the-fly, but the same characteristics also present tough security challenges for organisations.

"Our research suggests that most tablet manufacturers still have a way to go before their products can deliver the high levels of security required for use in most corporate enterprises.�
    10-08-12 03:23 PM
    Its these small postives the little victories that rim has to find a way to seize on expand on.
    I was just on a different thread where the talk is about some article that some U.S.chains are pulling the playbooks off the shelves when its that with all the fire sales it seems to me that they have sold out of their stock and won't be restocking.
    I'm not in denial about the playbook being a big time loss for rim on every level...... BUT like I said positives small victories.
    So for every person who bought a playbook for whatever reason IE. Curiosity,low income whatever the case is a small victory for rim I know of quite a few people who bought pbs simply because at the price it was a no lose prop if they got and it was a pos give it to their kid or use once in a blu moon but I think more Times then not they like it and use it.
    So I'm thinking we got a while to go before bbx drops and who knows when it gets onto the playbook rim should try to seize on some positives maybe another software update or two before bbx.
    I would personally like to see them open up usb otg if they could do something like that before bbx hits imo it could be a huge positive maybe a small victory thats how you win wars you don't have to win huge battles
    But win the little victories build on them until you release your self proclaimed game changer your secret weapon then in the long run maybe you can win the war.
    Doing nothing is not a option.
    10-08-12 04:36 PM
    Another article supporting your post:

Android, iPad Tablets Pose Security Challenges - The CIO Report - WSJ

"Roach told CIO Journal the PlayBook is easily the most secure of the three tablets he tested because CIOs can tether the PlayBook to an employee�s Blackberry smartphone, which is already managed by RIM�s core security software. �As long as the tablet is near the phone, the tablet will be covered by the same security policy as the organization is,� Roach said. Also, a RIM application allows employees to separate work and personal data. But Roach also acknowledged the irony of the PlayBook; though it�s easily the most secure tablet he�s tested, most CIOs aren�t purchasing them and most employees are buying iPads or Android tablets today."
    esk369 likes this.
    10-08-12 05:40 PM
    @zyben.
    Yes I agree the majority are buying the pads and droids but I still think that small segment can be built upon especially with corporations where security is a top priority not that it is not an issue with all corporations but some more then others.
    I just thought it was nice to see a positive article its a refreshing change from the all doom all gloom all the time.
    Thanks for taking the time to post.
    10-08-12 05:52 PM
    Another article supporting your post:

Android, iPad Tablets Pose Security Challenges - The CIO Report - WSJ

"Roach told CIO Journal the PlayBook is easily the most secure of the three tablets he tested because CIOs can tether the PlayBook to an employee�s Blackberry smartphone, which is already managed by RIM�s core security software. �As long as the tablet is near the phone, the tablet will be covered by the same security policy as the organization is,� Roach said. Also, a RIM application allows employees to separate work and personal data. But Roach also acknowledged the irony of the PlayBook; though it�s easily the most secure tablet he�s tested, most CIOs aren�t purchasing them and most employees are buying iPads or Android tablets today."
    That's two articles that I've read today that I took as mostly positive about rim that's got to be a record.
    Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with articles that are mostly non positive as long as its done objectively impartial journalism is becoming way to rare a thing these days and its not just aimed at rim I mean some of these guy's are just down right rim haters at best at worst maybe a little payola?
    Imo it just makes them come off as tools again no problems with facts just do it objectively leave the sarcasm and one liners to sportswriters and gossip columnists.
    10-08-12 06:32 PM
    Wow I. Really thought more people would have commented on these articles even the haters stayed away from this one.
    10-09-12 08:49 AM
    Wow I. Really thought more people would have commented on these articles even the haters stayed away from this one.
    There's no false claims or sketchy wording in this article. Just straight up facts and real-world evidence. No reason for anyone to argue about it from my POV.

I just ordered 20 iPads for my department here at work. We seriously considered Playbooks, in fact the final decision came down to iPad and Playbook. In the end we chose ipad due to the screen size and less workaround a required for getting the necessary applications running. One major reason those 2 tablets bubbled to the top of the list was due to security.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    10-09-12 09:20 AM
    There's no false claims or sketchy wording in this article. Just straight up facts and real-world evidence. No reason for anyone to argue about it from my POV.

I just ordered 20 iPads for my department here at work. We seriously considered Playbooks, in fact the final decision came down to iPad and Playbook. In the end we chose ipad due to the screen size and less workaround a required for getting the necessary applications running. One major reason those 2 tablets bubbled to the top of the list was due to security.
    I never said that anyone made any false claims I don't have any problems with facts in journalism what I do have a problem with is so called journalists that pepper their work with oneliners sarcasm and downright hated against a product any product and rim seems to be their favorite whipping boy and I will say rim brought most of it down on itself.
    Just as I keep saying no problem with the facts good bad or ugly just keep a little journalistic integrity be impartial and be objective thats what a good journalist does unless your writing an op ed or a local sports column then all the sarcasm and one liners you want.
    10-09-12 09:59 AM
    I never said that anyone made any false claims I don't have any problems with facts in journalism what I do have a problem with is so called journalists that pepper their work with oneliners sarcasm and downright hated against a product any product and rim seems to be their favorite whipping boy and I will say rim brought most of it down on itself.
    Just as I keep saying no problem with the facts good bad or ugly just keep a little journalistic integrity be impartial and be objective thats what a good journalist does unless your writing an op ed or a local sports column then all the sarcasm and one liners you want.
    I was agreeing with you
    10-09-12 10:47 AM
    @mike007
    Sorry if I came off as overly defensive its all good I appreciate your contribution to the thread.
    10-09-12 10:52 AM