When the Z10 (which I had planned to buy) arrived with its woefully incomplete BB10 OS, I decided not to put myself through the same "coming soon" promises by not waiting for a finished BB10 product.
    And yet you keep coming back here. Some people really have a fetish for "educating the idiots"
    01-30-15 05:46 PM
    And yet you keep coming back here. Some people really have a fetish for "educating the idiots"
    I've stated my reasons for swinging by, Chen's begging letter to Congress and to read CB's take on that news - which, unusually for things BB, was reported in the UK press in addition to everywhere on the interwebs.

Seems the reaction here mostly matches the reaction out there - a huge misstep by Chen that subjects himself and the company to ridicule and reveals BB's desperation for Apps.

While I was here, the RIP thread appeared and, the PB being something I still feel strongly about, felt I had to post.

I wouldn't describe the people here as "*****'s". I've generally found folk here able to intelligently promote their opinions and views, some of which I agree with, in a polite and reasoned manner. Which makes the occasional "why are you here?" post stand out as the exception.

So, did you have a point to make, or were you just taking a cheap shot?
    Last edited by JeepBB; 01-31-15 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Apparently "1diot" is a swear word. Who knew...
    01-31-15 03:26 AM
    Still using mine and I know it's well out of date but it fulfills its purpose well enough.

10.3.1 will be the thing which probably changes that, because I'll get the equivalent of Bridge on another tablet using Blend, and that's what I wouldn't want to give up. So then I may be thinking about a new tablet.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 04:15 AM
    Maybe it's because I got mine later, not until December 2011, but I got the update for email quite quickly. Before that - the bridge to my curve was fantastic and I loved that my email wasn't left on my tablet.

I still use it for my personal email and I recently purchased an app so I can access our media server and watch movies on it.

I've debated about giving it to the kids to use for typing up stories, school work, etc (I've got the keyboard) but I just can't let it go. I look at other tablets in the store but none of them, with the exception of the surface pro, interest me.

Maybe when I get a Passport I'll finally stop using my PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 08:26 AM
    So, did you have a point to make, or were you just taking a cheap shot?
    Of course I had a point to make. There's a bunch of posters in CrackBerry who seem to get off on coming back here with the same story. It goes like this ...

"I was once a BlackBerry user. But everything was awful in every way, all the time and under every circumstance. Nothing was good, nothing was right, nothing they ever did showed any sign of progress. Ever!

So I moved to platform X and I never looked back. Platform X is perfect and glorious. Everything about it is delightful compared to BlackBerry (where everything is bad and nothing was ever right or ever improving). The leaders at company X are glorious messiahs while BlackBerry's leaders are incompetent in every way imaginable where every single solitary thing they do is a colossal mistake and failure.

Even though I 'never looked back', I come to CrackBerry.com often. I only ever comment on bad things. I like to recap my experience about how everything was always terrible over and over and over. I argue with people who are still fans and take pride in it."

OK - I'm exaggerating a bit but there are some posters on this forum who seem like the only thing they do is come here for the purpose of bemoaning how the sky is falling and to get off in delightfully "correcting the imbeciles still using a BlackBerry". The currency seems to be getting likes from passive aggressive haters who don't speak up but like everything negative; spreading general disillusionment and converting people still using to another platform like some weird mobile missionaries.
    01-31-15 08:51 AM
    Of course I had a point to make. There's a bunch of posters in CrackBerry who seem to get off on coming back here with the same story. It goes like this ...

"I was once a BlackBerry user. But everything was awful in every way, all the time and under every circumstance. Nothing was good, nothing was right, nothing they ever did showed any sign of progress. Ever!

So I moved to platform X and I never looked back. Platform X is perfect and glorious. Everything about it is delightful compared to BlackBerry (where everything is bad and nothing was ever right or ever improving). The leaders at company X are glorious messiahs while BlackBerry's leaders are incompetent in every way imaginable where every single solitary thing they do is a colossal mistake and failure.

Even though I 'never looked back', I come to CrackBerry.com often. I only ever comment on bad things. I like to recap my experience about how everything was always terrible over and over and over. I argue with people who are still fans and take pride in it."

OK - I'm exaggerating a bit but there are some posters on this forum who seem like the only thing they do is come here for the purpose of bemoaning how the sky is falling and to get off in delightfully "correcting the imbeciles still using a BlackBerry". The currency seems to be getting likes from passive aggressive haters who don't speak up but like everything negative; spreading general disillusionment and converting people still using to another platform like some weird mobile missionaries.
    And... Breathe...

I'm sure that you feel better for getting all that off your chest, but I fear that you may be aiming at the wrong target as I don't recall evangelising for a rival platform in any of my posts. Mobile missionaries are indeed weird.

As to people, including myself, "liking" specific posts because they agree with the sentiments expressed; I kind of thought that was the entire purpose *of* the like button. Clearly I'm confused as to its purpose.

I've also never believed any CEO to be a messiah. They run corporations, not cults, and I belong to neither. Like anyone else, CEO's make good and bad decisions. I happen to believe that writing to Congress to complain that the other kids won't let BB play with their ball, and appealing for the law to force them to do so, is an appallingly bad decision on the part of Chen that is being rightly ridiculed near universally. It has literally been the subject of pitying laughter on TV shows.

It will soon pass - once the App neutrality threads leave the CB first page, I'll be leaving too. Well, until the next time BlackBerry news escapes to the wider world again, and I swing by to gauge reactions. My suspicion is that day will come when Samsung make an offer, but we'll see.

However, if what I write so disturbs you; feel free to block me. Otherwise try to remain calm for a few more days.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    01-31-15 11:09 AM
    No........I was hoping for a new one. I just hope update will still be available tho..
    02-01-15 02:39 AM
    And... Breathe...

I'm sure that you feel better for getting all that off your chest, but I fear that you may be aiming at the wrong target as I don't recall evangelising for a rival platform in any of my posts. Mobile missionaries are indeed weird.

As to people, including myself, "liking" specific posts because they agree with the sentiments expressed; I kind of thought that was the entire purpose *of* the like button. Clearly I'm confused as to its purpose.

I've also never believed any CEO to be a messiah. They run corporations, not cults, and I belong to neither. Like anyone else, CEO's make good and bad decisions. I happen to believe that writing to Congress to complain that the other kids won't let BB play with their ball, and appealing for the law to force them to do so, is an appallingly bad decision on the part of Chen that is being rightly ridiculed near universally. It has literally been the subject of pitying laughter on TV shows.

It will soon pass - once the App neutrality threads leave the CB first page, I'll be leaving too. Well, until the next time BlackBerry news escapes to the wider world again, and I swing by to gauge reactions. My suspicion is that day will come when Samsung make an offer, but we'll see.

However, if what I write so disturbs you; feel free to block me. Otherwise try to remain calm for a few more days.
    ---------

What can you say... is there a middle way...??

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-02-15 03:24 PM
    Okay, after PlayBook died, I immediately started seeing HP Stream 8. Maybe I needed to mourn a little longer before embarking on a new relationship, but even though Stream 8 has many fine qualities, I just don't find her as classy or well-built as Playbook. Sure, she's cheap and faster if that's what you are after, but I am looking for love....
    The Stream isn't a bad device... but it also isn't "premium" either. If you want premium in the Window line, I think the Surface is where you'd have to look.... even the slightly higher Dell Venue isn't what I'd call a "premium" device. Of course even my wife's iPad can't compare the the PlayBook's speakers. Would have bee a great tablet if we could have rooted it and installed Android.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 02-03-15 at 07:28 AM.
    edwinsberry likes this.
    02-02-15 03:36 PM
    I haven't used my Playbook since i got Z10 over a year ago. Was so looking forwards to BB10 update only too be let down. I love Mr Chen and my Z10 but if i ever meet hienz beans or ballsup i will remove their teeth and ram my old Playbook up their &r$es

My lubbly jubbly Z10. Shine on you crazy BlackBerry
    02-07-15 06:33 PM
60 123