I'm not sure if this was posted already. We all knew it was coming. What shocked me was all three of the major players in Canada will carry it. Last time i checked Rogers never sold a Playbook. Only Telus and Bell.

"RIM’s long awaited BlackBerry PlayBook with 3G or 4G (LTE) capabilities was officially announced last year, but has yet to launch. Images of this tablet has popped up several times and it’s also been mentioned in various internal carrier documents. New reports surfaced today that indicate that Canada’s Big 3 carriers – Rogers, Bell and TELUS – are currently testing the PlayBook 3G/4G with OS 2.0.1. Unfortunately there’s no mention about about WIND Mobile, Mobilicity, Videotron, nor MTS or SaskTel. However, it’s expected that if/when RIM launches this tablet that most carriers will be adding it to their lineup. As for the possible launch date, rumours are now pointing towards an official announcement in May at BlackBerry World 2012."

BlackBerry PlayBook 3G & 4G reportedly in carrier testing with Rogers, Bell and TELUS | MobileSyrup.com
    04-14-12 07:55 PM
    This is derived from a rumor on another site citing an unnamed source. It also comes complete with a table that says Verizon Wireless is testing the device in Brazil and Australia, and RIM is a carrier in the US. I would take it with a huge grain of salt. Leaving those inaccuracies aside, in the US all of the carriers listed are the same ones that turned down RIM's 3G/4G Playbook last year.
    04-14-12 09:18 PM
    I believe this only because it makes perfect sense, given the published product direction for the Playbook.

One of the fundamental reasons carriers did not take up the Playbook was that it was WIFI only and therefore not a wireless product. iPad1 had the same issue and it was only when Apple confirmed with actual 3G iPad product, did the carriers get behind the iPad. Now, they are a critical part of the carriers network consumption.

RIM launched the Playbook with the "Bridge" app which I'm sure "endeared" themselves to the carriers by piggy-backing on an existing network connection...great for customers....bad for carriers which resulted in Playbook is "missing" parts and is incomplete.

Remember, carriers are all about network consumption and are not going to support devices that present any data efficiencies as it directly impacts their bottom line.
    Last edited by EchoTango; 04-15-12 at 09:49 AM.
    04-15-12 09:47 AM
    It's possible if only to address the customer base that does want cellular connectivity.

However, it's a very small base because to date overall tablet sales have been overwhelmingly skewed to wifi only units. Subsidized tablets on contract have sold absolutely terribly. Being allowed to go month to month is much better but if it is true that the US carriers will charge an activation fee each time you turn it on well, is just nasty.
    04-15-12 09:56 AM
    I just dont see this as a fix to any problem...........
    VanCity778 likes this.
    04-15-12 10:16 AM
    It's possible if only to address the customer base that does want cellular connectivity.

However, it's a very small base because to date overall tablet sales have been overwhelmingly skewed to wifi only units. Subsidized tablets on contract have sold absolutely terribly. Being allowed to go month to month is much better but if it is true that the US carriers will charge an activation fee each time you turn it on well, is just nasty.
    Yea i agree. One reason why the sales in Canada are so low is the weak data plans.

Bell offers a base plan of $20 a month for 500mb. Or $35 for 5 gb. We all know you stream three ball games and that 5 gb is gone. I will never buy a separate plan for a tablet.
    04-15-12 10:56 AM
    If windmobile gets the playbook... You bet your I'll be glad to trade my wifi only one for the new one that has, wait for it, both wifi and 3G (NOT 4G).

But I'll stick with my playbook until it kicks the bucket with no possible recovery in it's path.
    04-16-12 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD