I realize that some of the reviews have been bad. But remember that when the iPad was first announced, the reviews were horrible. They were definitely worst than the PlayBook reviews, with lots of people referencing sanitary napkins. In the end, the iPad still sold very well. You can only look into reviews so much. Also, many of the PlayBook reviews were contradictory and unfair, as Anton Wahlman says: RIM's Playbook Gets Contradictory, Unfair Reviews - TheStreet

As for the lower priced tablets, a lower price makes a big difference for consumers. However, it's by other brands that are simply inferior. I've tested out a friend's Huawei Android phone. While it is much cheaper, it's simply a piece of crap. So I don't think RIM needs to worry about crappy tablets sold at a lower price. RIM simply has to match the prices of Apple, Motorola, Samsung, etc.
    Typical, while some of the iPhone users made valid comments on that link, most were just pointless drivel simply because it doesn't have the fruit logo.
    04-25-11 06:45 PM
    I realize that some of the reviews have been bad. But remember that when the iPad was first announced, the reviews were horrible. They were definitely worst than the PlayBook reviews, with lots of people referencing sanitary napkins. In the end, the iPad still sold very well. You can only look into reviews so much. Also, many of the PlayBook reviews were contradictory and unfair, as Anton Wahlman says: RIM's Playbook Gets Contradictory, Unfair Reviews - TheStreet

As for the lower priced tablets, a lower price makes a big difference for consumers. However, it's by other brands that are simply inferior. I've tested out a friend's Huawei Android phone. While it is much cheaper, it's simply a piece of crap. So I don't think RIM needs to worry about crappy tablets sold at a lower price. RIM simply has to match the prices of Apple, Motorola, Samsung, etc.
    Ipad reviews were everywhere, but the agreement most reached is Apple delivered on what it set out to do. Trying to force a tablet into your life for many was pointless, they had all they needed in laptops, and the fact that you still need a pc to even use it didnt make much sense (still doesnt to be honest).

As for contradictory reviews, its not the case at all. The lack of PIM is full ******, without question. IF IT or you yourself decide that they dont want those apps accessible due to security, block them via settings. Not offering them is silly, especially when many devices like these are connected to a wifi, be it mobile or stationary. 2 birds, one stone. That should have never been an issue to begin with.

As for free internet, its undecided what carriers will do so far because its all over the place. It might be, it might not be free, carriers blocking it (sup AT&T). Thats not really a complaint most people have had in reviews ive seen. Its just an unknown at this point.

The reviews seem to be that the eee pad is a better device than the Xoom, with a price point that works. With high quality choices, and the same specs across the board for Honeycomb (minimum A9 processor like the Tegra 2) its going to get real hot to compete. There is no gap with these tablets, like there are with Android phones...atleast not if their running Honeycomb.
    iN8ter likes this.
    04-25-11 07:48 PM
    As I said in another thread I made, these estimates can also only cover the retail side of things. No one but RIM has any idea how many are being sold to corporate customers.

50,000 on day one may not be as much as the iPad, but in a crowded tablet market, trust me, that is a lot.
    04-27-11 08:36 AM
    You have to really question how market analysts come up with these numbers. When the Torch was launched, one such analyst reported poor first-day sale but that turned out to be based on phone calls to a handful of AT&T stores. Then all the blogs started reporting poor sales all quoting the same couple of so called analysts and the mass media kept replaying the same news over and over for weeks. The Torch turned out to be a very solid seller in the US, Canada, UK and probably elsewhere.
    04-27-11 09:40 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD