I watched the content, read the content, I'm quite surprised at what went down....

It was an incredible discussion on platform generalities, thoughtful insights, polite banter!

But.......... I'm really surprised the other MN chiefs didn't go in on BlackBerry like the world seems to be at the moment, especially in the Hangouts Chat! I was waiting for Dan to go in!

Then with the wrap-up talking about different platforms future I thought everyone was going to decree it was going to be a three horse race.

Did the BlackBerry sponsorship hold tounges? Maybe the paranoia as a BlackBerry fan is setting in, maybe we're changing minds... maybe with my reading the Internet the last few weeks or CrackBerry forums just got me thinking the world outside of Canada hates BlackBerry too much for the brand to survive... Fnck it will get through this we were clinically dead 16 months ago...

Swiped On My Zed10
    07-19-13 11:15 PM
    The whole point of Talk Mobile is to set aside personal biases, platform hatred and have an open, almost platform agnostic discussion about mobile in general.. it's been refreshing in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin and web99 like this.
    07-19-13 11:24 PM
    The whole point of Talk Mobile is to set aside personal biases, platform hatred and have an open, almost platform agnostic discussion about mobile in general.. it's been refreshing in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I read that, have heard that... again was still surprised none of that came out! I was thinking Kevin was going to have to get his lawyer on!

Swiped On My Zed10
    07-19-13 11:27 PM
    because unlike many people on here that hate other platforms most people that have other device dont hate BB with a passion lol
    07-20-13 05:51 AM
    Nice thread!

No, no tongues being held back by anybody in Talk Mobile. If somebody wanted to get into it, they could.

I think it's a couple things though...

Coming into TM the EiCs -- myself included -- came into it with the attitude of taking our fanboy hats off.

I think the reality of it though is that we don't consciously even need to do that anymore. It's a different era these days. When you're in a world where every phone is going to be a smartphone, I think we all really believe there's room for everyone. Also, all of us EiCs have spent quite a bit of time on all the platforms now and see the strengths and positioning of each. So were all more informed and a little more mature than we used to be when we have these types of debates.

Such a good week though. If you're reading this and didn't check out all of the posts and videos, you totally should.

Posted via CB10
    Prince_Poppycock and LazyEvul like this.
    07-20-13 07:35 AM
    So TM13 is the one where everyone is in the same room with the beat.tv hosts, I couldn't figure the connection between them.

Kevin looks to be slightly more passionate than the others, some of his remarks gave that away, like where they had to cut short of talking about bbm, and about google reader's demise.

All in all, quite interesting and informative, although I do think a slight fanboy approach would attract more hits.
    07-20-13 08:58 AM
    because unlike many people on here that hate other platforms most people that have other device dont hate BB with a passion lol
    Yeah that's probably true! Again I was just commenting honestly on my thoughts!

Thanks for the response Kevin! Keep up the great work with the entire Mobile Nations Crew!

Swiped On My Zed10
    07-20-13 12:10 PM