This is a really nice headset. It has a boom and is very light. You don't have to buy the entire Calisto phone set - you can just order the BT headset as a replacement part. You'll have to buy the power plug separately, but if you have a Plantronics 510 or other headset that uses the same connector, you're all set.

The headset is $89 from Plantronics directly, charger about $15, but you can find them for less online.

I may be a bit biased to towards the Calisto headset because it is very similar to what I wear at work. I'm used to the earhook it comes with, so putting it on isn't a chore. It will take a bit of getting the hang of it to someone new to it though. One thing to keep in mind - it's bigger than most headsets out there today - not small like an H680, Plantronics 925, Jabra BT8040, etc.

The audio on both ends is very good. On your end, the volume can be turned up nice and loud if you need it that way. Not as loud as the BlueParrot B250, but loud nonetheless. On the other end, the sound is very good. I did call a few people as well as my voice mail to leave a recording. Here's how it went.

People could not tell I was in the car, until...I rolled the windows down. Then, I sounded fainter to them with some interference. They could hear me, though, and we could carry on a conversation. The noise reduction works great, although my voice was not as crisp as on the B250.

One nice thing the Plantronics has is multipoint - I do use two phones at the same time, so this is good for me.

The headset has a boom which places the mic much closer to your mouth for better sound quality.

The Calisto is a keeper for me, but that is going to be a personal thing. I don't drive with the windows rolled down, use my headset at home, work and in airports (won't get a chance to try it out there for a couple of weeks but I'll report back when I do) so I need something I can throw in my briefcase. It's comfortable too.

So there ya go, my review of the Calisto headset.
    06-26-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD