What does everyone think of these with the Tour? I bought both. My wife is using the 925 on the Curve which sounds great, and the Jawbone prime on my Tour sounds "ok".

Opinions?
    07-25-09 08:48 AM
    The Jawbone "2" that I use with my Tour sounds pretty bad, like, I cannot use it when I talk to certain people...maybe it's them but I just take it off and activate the handset. I am currently looking for a better BT.
    07-25-09 08:52 AM
    What does everyone think of these with the Tour? I bought both. My wife is using the 925 on the Curve which sounds great, and the Jawbone prime on my Tour sounds "ok".

Opinions?
    I would hold off buying or judging BT headsets until RIM fixes the BT issues that make it almost useless for headsets.

Jim
    07-25-09 08:55 AM
    The Jawbone Prime sounded great with my Storm but not so great with the Tour. I agree with jmdearras, you should probably hold off until the known BT issues are fixed.
    07-25-09 09:25 AM
    I used to use a Jawbone and hated it. I now use a Blue Ant Z9i, which is amazing. And half the price of the jawbone.
    07-25-09 09:37 AM
    I have the 925 and its awesome. Sync was easy and the clarity is excellent. No experience with the Jawbone so I can't speak on it. But from my experience the Plantronics 925 works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 09:40 AM
    I used the 925 with my 8830WE, a Storm, and now with the Tour. It sounds great on both ends of the conversation and I can recommend it without hesitation. My only issue is that the bluetooth drivers are killing my Tour battery life so I use the 925 now only when I am driving and not at work. Can't wait for an update that addresses BT issues.

07-25-09 09:59 AM
    I use the jawbone 2 on my storm and tour and it sound great with no problem. May be I'm one of the lucky ones.
    07-25-09 10:18 AM
    i have the the 925 and never looked back
    07-25-09 10:19 AM
    The major gig on the Jawbone is the difficulty getting a good fit. I was not the exception. Got a Plantronics which I love.
    07-25-09 10:45 AM
    so which one has the clarity and noise cancellation mix that works best for naoisey environments and everyday use?
    07-25-09 10:46 AM
    I tried the Jawbone and returned it that same day. Quality was lousy incoming and outgoing. Lots of static. A friend tried it as well and rushed back to return it too.

I went with the Blue Ant next. Sounds great in both directions. One friend said it's the best sounding headset he's heard and he knows someone else who also got one.

One friend told me she couldn't tell that I was on a headset.

I'm happy with the Blue Ant.

07-25-09 11:28 AM

Opinions?
    Go with the plant 925 I hav both and I rnded up given the jawbone to my wife I like the plant 925 better on the storm and tour

07-25-09 11:33 AM
    i have the jabra 530 which plays my music thru the bt device othing better than listening to music while browsing or texting,,,
    07-25-09 12:15 PM
    I have a jawbown II and prime.

They both work fine w/ my tour.

I would definitely say the tour has BT issues but the prime does work. Although, I would go w/ a jawbone II. They are cheap and I don't notice that much of a difference.
    07-25-09 12:18 PM
    +1 for 925. My bluetooth actually works fine both in the car and with my 925. No noticeable difference from the past (8830, storm).

Another benefit of the 925 is that it also uses the same micro usb charging port like the storm and tour. And it also has this little case with a lithium battery. So if you place the headset in the case and charge it...you are actually fully charging the headset and the Li battery in the case. If you are running low on juice, the case can recharge the headset one time. You can also charge the headset directly with micro usb and not use the case.

I tried the Jawbone 2 before the 925 and thought it was the worst BT headset I had ever used. Haven't tried the Prime. Jawbone probably has the best noise cancellation in the laboratory. My issue was the BT connection wasn't very strong and often had interference in many environments (to be clear, BT wireless radio interference, not ambient noise).
    07-25-09 12:25 PM
    Thanks for all of the great information. Before I started this thread I purchased both the prime and the 925. The idea was that my wife and I were going to use each one trading off after about a week or 2. I used the Jawbone long enough to realize that it was very uncomfortable, and the voice quality was mediocre (after reading this thread I realize now that perhaps the Tour has some bluetooth quality issues). That said, my wife loved the 925 with her Curve. I decided to take the Jawbone Prime back to Verizon and got myself a 925. I love it so far. The call quality is great, I don't know I have an earpiece in, AND the voice dialing works (the jawbone didn't work w/voice dialing). Thanks for all of your suggestions, and help!
    07-27-09 11:23 PM
    I own both the Plantronics 925 and the Jawbone. Plantronics wins by a mile!
    10-15-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD