I think it'll be another keyboard phone since the 2 detks were slabs
    02-02-17 07:24 PM
    02-02-17 07:31 PM
    I meant for the main consumer market, not a region!
    02-02-17 07:37 PM
    I meant for the main consumer market, not a region!
    So you mean the next TCL BlackBerry.

I'm going to bet the next one will be a slab.
    02-02-17 09:33 PM
    Slab. Totally.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    02-02-17 11:39 PM
    I think slab as well. Then if the Mercury is successful, that's when we'll see another PKB device. Who knows, maybe it'll be the Passport 2.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 01:57 AM
    I guess we need to be specific, that company only has rights to sell in Indonesia.

I think the next TCL phones will just be TCL/Alcatel phones with BlackBerry branding and software. I think TCL inherited the Mercury design. If it sells well who knows.
    02-03-17 02:47 AM
    Ithink it'll be another keyboard phone since the 2 detks were slabs
    02-03-17 03:02 AM
    Slab. There isn't enough room in the market for PKB.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 03:05 AM
    Slab. Need a flagship for 2017. I do like the look of the "mercury" but would rather have a device with a more up to date processor.
    02-03-17 04:46 AM
    Yes, something like classic but on Android.
    02-03-17 05:02 AM
    I think it'll be another keyboard phone since the 2 detks were slabs
    Well technically we already know its going to be a 'Slab' device. Since one is launching in Indonesia fairly soon. Some details where posted here.

If we are going to ignore that one and just talk about global devices, is still feel Blackberry Mobile will be releasing another 'Slab' device next since TCL is now designing things. After the launch of that slab i think in 2018 we could see another qwerty.
    02-03-17 05:17 AM
    The roadmap is rather predictable. TCL is only building a pkb device in the first place because (a) they got the design handed to them by BlackBerry and (b) it was probably part of their licensing deal. Whether Mercury flops or not, I don't think it's particularly likely TCL is going to do anything but limited production re-branding runs of its own slabs for 'BlackBerry Mobile'. For pkb...if Mercury does well...the only logical step would be to continue to refine and improve Mercury with finish options, hardware upgrades, design improvements, etc. Why would they throw money away on a completely different pkb device if Mercury is a success?
    Last edited by kputock; 02-03-17 at 08:38 AM.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    02-03-17 08:14 AM
    Waiting for priv 2...

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-03-17 09:27 AM
    TCL has stated their focus is Enterprise..... I'm not convinced that Enterprise needs one PKB phone, really can't see them needing a choice of two PKB phone. Sure executives might want a "better" phone, but the market is already so small, I don't see making a phone for the 1% of the .2%.

I think we will see a TCL design that will be a BlackBerry in some markets and something else in other markets... like China. And it will be a SLAB phone.
    02-03-17 09:51 AM
    When the Idol 5 is released, you'll know what the next BB phone will be like... Because it will be an Idol 5 with a different back cover just like the DTEK50 was with the Idol 4.

The BB brand doesn't move enough units to justify a separate design with a profit-seeking company at the helm. Just because BB was willing to lose money on handsets doesn't mean TCL is.
    02-03-17 04:07 PM
    If Merc does well would believe they set up for their next PKB to roll out in 2 to 3 years as upgrade for all those Merc buyers to replace. If quality product and upgrade, could have a repeat revenue stream just reselling to the PKB market and try and grow, ever so slightly, that PKB user.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 10:38 PM
    I think more inclined to slabs unless Mercury does exceptional sales.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 01:41 AM
    Any touchscreen with that new SD835 would work for me.
    02-04-17 01:48 AM
    "Place your bets! Will the next BlackBerry after Mercury be keyboard or not?"

I predict that it will be a slab phone.
    02-04-17 08:11 PM
    02-04-17 08:23 PM
    Next TCL BlackBerry to be a PKB. My bet. Next BlackBerry from all partners to be a slab.
    02-05-17 01:03 AM
    Waiting for priv 2...

Posted via CB10
    With a Strong dragon from Qualcomm, that would be brilliant. Of course a few refreshes & touches here and there are also welcome. Better keyboard, stronger build, but not much deviation from the current design, It's wonderful as it is.
    02-05-17 01:15 AM
    With a Strong dragon from Qualcomm, that would be brilliant. Of course a few refreshes & touches here and there are also welcome. Better keyboard, stronger build, but not much deviation from the current design, It's wonderful as it is.
    Agreed, it's a wonderful design and device. Successor needs some modifications but it's nearly perfect device. Priv was a high end phone but I remember how people bashed blackberry about its pricing, I mean come on its a slider+pkb+touch screen. Wasn't a fan of it till now I realised it looks way better than mercury, open or closed. I'm definitely gonna buy it,will see if priv 2 ever arrives or not.

“Ikk gypsy rakhhi kaali,sootay di hobby paali”.
    02-05-17 05:10 PM
    Agreed, it's a wonderful design and device. Successor needs some modifications but it's nearly perfect device. Priv was a high end phone but I remember how people bashed blackberry about its pricing, I mean come on its a slider+pkb+touch screen. Wasn't a fan of it till now I realised it looks way better than mercury, open or closed. I'm definitely gonna buy it,will see if priv 2 ever arrives or not.

“Ikk gypsy rakhhi kaali,sootay di hobby paali”.
    My problem with sliders is that they hide the PKB! Shortcuts & speed dials are a BIG part of BB's pkb experience. What good are shortcuts & speed dials when the pkb is hiding in shame behind the screen?

I use pkb hundreds of times per day. I utilize large screenestate 3 or 4 times per week. Why hide the feature used most behind a rarely needed feature? Extend the kb to view large documents or watch movie, etc. But, for most times, when screenestate isn't needed, slide the pkb in FRONT of the screen, transitioning to compact 4:3 for essential info & messaging, and I'm in line with cash in hand! Imo. Fwiw.
    02-05-17 09:01 PM
28 12