For those who think the physical keyboard is dead, the debate continues. I just ordered the Pocketchip for my son, which looks like a primitive version of the Passport. Other people have been playing around with the Raspberry Pi and created something that looks like a Classic. Finally, the automobile industry is switching back to button controls.

I am a Classic user and launch apps and phone numbers through keyboard shortcuts. It just feels right. I grant you this is a niche, but a niche that won't die.

Your thoughts?

See links below:

https://getchip.com/pages/pocketchip

Nintendo DS sized pocket computer (Raspberry Pi) - Album on Imgur

The Problem with Touch controls in the Automotive Industry - SlashGear
    07-04-16 07:48 AM
    It's an insignificant niche, but enjoy it if you want.
    07-04-16 07:56 AM
    Yes there is a need for that. I will continue buying a phone with PKB as long as it is offered. I have had a car with an all touch on board entertainment system and it was hard to choose options while driving on an all touch. Having buttons is a lot easier .

This debate has been going on for awhile. I hear people gripe about all touch typing a lot. I just wish that people would proof read their texts or emails, especially for work.

Posted via my Priv
    07-04-16 08:31 AM
    My thoughts? To each his or her own.

"It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you."
    07-04-16 05:59 PM
    Pressing buttons feels much more satisfying, not to mention being able to type a letter correctly the first time and not 10 wrong ones before.

Long live the PKB.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 07:08 PM
    I don't know how any of those translate into a phone being in the equation. No one is going to die if they aren't looking at their phone when they type (car), a pkb for a computer is still the best method for typing because of the angle you are at when typing and using two hands (pi), and no one has developed a touch screen gaming device as there isn't a need for one (pocket chip).

None of that to me translates into "A phone needs to have this," despite many in here who may prefer a pkb.
    07-05-16 06:13 AM
    I think a BlackBerry smartphone without a PKB is like a bike without a wheel. What's the point?
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    07-05-16 06:32 AM