Is the hub going to be available as a built in app in the upcoming device from OM?
    03-19-21 10:34 PM
    Is the hub going to be available as a built in app in the upcoming device from OM?
    Highly doubtful.

There is no indication that OM is using any BlackBerry software at all. Even the cybersecurity will be done by another company.
    03-19-21 10:54 PM
    Looks like former Pixel owners are gravitating away from Pixel?

https://9to5google.com/2021/03/19/go...port-2021/amp/
    Survey is based on 400 Pixel owners, lol.
    03-19-21 10:56 PM
    Survey is based on 400 Pixel owners, lol.
    Certainly a small sample but given the audience and number of overall sales relative to other Android slabs not a good trend. The 4 series were abysmal, the 4a release was botched and released to late relative to the SE and 5 and 4a 5G. That they gave up on a flagship offering with the 5 was somewhat head scratching given the 4a and 4a 5G. But hey at least their new ad is tranquil and hypnotic
    03-19-21 11:14 PM
    Certainly a small sample but given the audience and number of overall sales relative to other Android slabs not a good trend. The 4 series were abysmal, the 4a release was botched and released to late relative to the SE and 5 and 4a 5G. That they gave up on a flagship offering with the 5 was somewhat head scratching given the 4a and 4a 5G. But hey at least their new ad is tranquil and hypnotic
    I very much suspect the 4a and 4a 5G are doing quite well with their users.

In any event, this thread is about the HUB Suite.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    03-19-21 11:31 PM
    I’m just going to sit this out..... Somebody’s pass the popcorn.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-20-21 03:45 AM
    BB Hub works very good on my Pixel 3a
    By far...the best E-Mail Client
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    03-20-21 03:47 AM
    Is Pixel really good? I need it for work mostly
    Last edited by Onenilto; 03-21-21 at 07:30 AM.
    03-20-21 09:20 AM
    Is Pixel really good?
    The Pixel 5 is the best slab I've ever used. My priorities are battery life, reasonable size, straight-from-the-source updates, a nice camera, and a clean approach to Android (no bloat or heavy skins).
    Smokeaire likes this.
    03-20-21 10:09 AM
    Again, not even related to the Hub Rico.
    BTW within my HUB I use 4 gmail accounts and 2 "old" Hotmail accounts. None require 2FA and Ironically the Gmail accounts from Google do not ask for 2FA. So yes my HUB works perfectly. Have asked coworkers who are using HUB and 2FA issues and they all said none.

In yesterday's thread posting I responded how HUB is working for me, not broken. How I only use 2FA for my Banking apps.

But at the end I was ridiculed that I did not understand what was being said and or asked? ...that there was a language barrier. I speak 4 languages and so proud of that. Yes English is not my first language.... But I push forward and respect all. But had never experienced this level of rudeness in this Forum where I have shown / demonstrated my loyalty and support when needed to all. @Bla1ze you know this is true.
    03-20-21 11:06 AM
    BTW within my HUB I use 4 gmail accounts and 2 "old" Hotmail accounts. None require 2FA and Ironically the Gmail accounts from Google do not ask for 2FA. So yes my HUB works perfectly. Have asked coworkers who are using HUB and 2FA issues and they all said none.

In yesterday's thread posting I responded how HUB is working for me, not broken. How I only use 2FA for my Banking apps.

But at the end I was ridiculed that I did not understand what was being said and or asked? ...that there was a language barrier. I speak 4 languages and so proud of that. Yes English is not my first language.... But I push forward and respect all. But had never experienced this level of rudeness in this Forum where I have shown / demonstrated my loyalty and support when needed to all. @Bla1ze you know this is true.
    If you read rudeness, then you did not read it correctly. Just sayin'. Certainly none was intended.

Turn on 2fa in your Google account, as suggested by Google and all security experts, and then see what happens to your HUB.

As a matter of fact, Yahoo now requires it by default - hence everyone running around the last few weeks trying to create app-specific passwords for legacy apps like the BlackBerry HUB.

https://www.google.ca/landing/2step/

Multi-factor authentication has become the defacto standard for all secure logins.

Both as a modern email client and as a notification aggregator, the HUB IS broken, but you are spared because you either don't care about or don't use the features that are broken.
    Last edited by conite; 03-20-21 at 12:07 PM.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-20-21 11:35 AM
    The Pixel 5 is the best slab I've ever used. My priorities are battery life, reasonable size, straight-from-the-source updates, a nice camera, and a clean approach to Android (no bloat or heavy skins).
    Hmmm, sounds like you are describing my iPhone 11 Pro.
    03-20-21 01:01 PM

I hear you, I feel you and agree completely. I too speak 3 languages, comments about a language barrier made are not only rude, but show a level of ignorance that should not be tolerated here or anywhere.
    03-20-21 01:04 PM
    I hear you, I feel you and agree completely. I too speak 3 languages, comments about a language barrier made are not only rude, but show a level of ignorance that should not be tolerated here or anywhere.
    Thank you. No need for that in 2021.
    03-20-21 01:06 PM
    Hmmm, sounds like you are describing my iPhone 11 Pro.
    Nice phone too. I'm just an Android guy myself. Too much into tinkering.
    03-20-21 01:17 PM
    "A language barrier is a figurative phrase used primarily to refer to linguistic barriers to communication, i.e. the difficulties in communication experienced by people or groups originally speaking different languages, or even dialects in some cases."

This happens all of the time in a international forum like this, and requires understanding, cooperation, and patience. What's the issue?

I speak more than one language too, and often miss subtleties when not speaking in my native tongue. There is no shame in that.
    03-20-21 01:21 PM
    Agree. The language barrier is the last argument I would throw in in a discussion. No matter how you define the term afterwards. Said by a non native speaker.
    03-20-21 02:16 PM
    Agree. The language barrier is the last argument I would throw in in a discussion. No matter how you define the term afterwards. Said by a non native speaker.
    The definition was the same before as it was after.

Nor was it an argument - it was an attempt to explain the miscommunication in an effort to end the back and forth that was derailing the thread.

My goodness this is entirely ridiculous. The sun is shining, the vaccines are rolling out, and summer is coming - let's move on with our lives.
    Last edited by conite; 03-20-21 at 02:45 PM.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-20-21 02:27 PM
    What magic version are you using that isn't subject to Google's new rules and has 2fa?
    No magic if you are using the paid version works fine on my Titan
    Paulelmar18 and Rico4you like this.
    03-20-21 04:05 PM
    No magic if you are using the paid version works fine on my Titan
    Sigh. Not for 2fa it doesn't. Nor does it show sent sms.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-20-21 04:07 PM
    I does with no issues, I am using it now and works fine. SMS never went into HUB with the paid version.
    03-20-21 04:15 PM
    Yes, SMS went to the HUB with paid version - for a long time.

And no, the HUB is not capable of 2FA. Period.

If you have email working then you either don't have 2FA enabled, or you used an app-specific password for use with legacy clients.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-20-21 04:27 PM
    Yes, SMS went to the HUB with paid version - for a long time.

And no, the HUB is not capable of 2FA. Period.

If you have email working then you either don't have 2FA enabled, or you used an app-specific password for use with legacy clients.
    I am not going to argue at this point. What I meant with HUB and SMS was it would appear in HUB and SMS/google . I should have explained that it was not reliant on HUB.
    03-20-21 04:38 PM
    I am not going to argue at this point. What I meant with HUB and SMS was it would appear in HUB and SMS/google . I should have explained that it was not reliant on HUB.
    Well ya. The HUB, beyond being an email client, is only a notification aggregator - it doesn't replace any app from which the notification came. BUT the HUB used to show both received AND sent sms before the Google changes.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-20-21 04:41 PM
    Well ya. The HUB, beyond being an email client, is only a notification aggregator - it doesn't replace any app from which the notification came. BUT the HUB used to show both received AND sent sms before the Google changes.
    Yes that's correct.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-20-21 04:42 PM
139 12345 ...