Bla1ze...what is your take on the BB Hub Suite?
    Works fine on my KEY2, perhaps a little bit laggier then I would like but I see no reason to install it on my Pixel 4XL. I like to use my KEY2 as intended. On my Pixel 4XL I use Spark which is still fully developed and built for the current Android builds. Really, as @Dunt said you just have to try it for yourself and see if it fits your needs. Seems everyone here bickering about it assumes everyone uses email the same way when that's simply not reality. If it works for you, use it. If not, ditch it and find something better. Not exactly a shortage of email clients out there.
    pdr733, Rico4you, bh7171 and 1 others like this.
    03-19-21 02:46 PM
    Works fine on my KEY2, perhaps a little bit laggier then I would like but I see no reason to install it on my Pixel 4XL. I like to use my KEY2 as intended. On my Pixel 4XL I use Spark which is still fully developed and built for the current Android builds. Really, as @Dunt said you just have to try it for yourself and see if it fits your needs. Seems everyone here bickering about it assumes everyone uses email the same way when that's simply not reality. If it works for you, use it. If not, ditch it and find something better. Not exactly a shortage of email clients out there.
    Spark is really coming on strong recently. Very highly rated.
    BBuso77 likes this.
    03-19-21 02:54 PM
    Spark is really coming on strong recently. Very highly rated.
    Yeah, I use it on Mobile and Desktop and the only complaint I have is that it sometimes assigns names to accounts that I can't change.

For example: I have to use a shared email address that a lot of people email into and for whatever reason, Spark has decided to 'name' that account something in Russian because they were the first person to email in after setting it up so all my emails sent from there have some Russian name attached them. However, it doesn't show to anyone but me. It's like it's being held in some database that I can't see to change it.

Given it's only MY issue I haven't exactly looked hard for a fix, perhaps an uninstall and reinstall will fix it. Try that this weekend.
    03-19-21 03:03 PM
    I'm not sure the KEY2 has enough horsepower to really run the BB Hub suite well (especially the Hub itself) and still perform as fast as it could. It's just too resource demanding imo.
    03-19-21 03:26 PM
    No idea why "the crew" has come out to champion this cause.
    Huh?
    03-19-21 03:51 PM
    Exactly this. Many of the “broke” situations are beyond owner control when the imposed requirements are from a vendor or employer situation.
    03-19-21 05:24 PM
    So are you simply not using 2FA?
    I use 2FA for my Banking apps.
    03-19-21 07:53 PM
    Clearly he isn't....

OP the apps will work, like most older apps... with some work and tweaking. But they are dated, last few updates have been minor bug fixes (or additions). I'd suggest you give them a try, and see for yourself if they are usable for you. But they aren't worth paying for at this point...

But I "think" you'd fine using the default Google Suites a much better experience in 2021 and beyond.
    Clearly you don't know what I use or not. Let one answer before making assumptions.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-19-21 07:54 PM
    That still doesn't answer the question of the Hub.
    BBuso77 and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-19-21 07:55 PM
    That still doesn't answer the question of the Hub.
    Bottom line as you mentioned for yourself..the HUB works perfectly for me on my KEY 2 and Samsung Tab S5e.
    03-19-21 07:57 PM
    Bottom line as you mentioned for yourself..the HUB works perfectly for me on my KEY 2 and Samsung Tab S5e.
    And that's great for you, but you're projecting your usage on everyone else and dismissing what Conite said about 2FA not working for some folks. If you don't use 2FA then of course you have no complaints about it and would say it works great. You're not using the very specific feature.
    03-19-21 07:59 PM
    And that's great for you, but you're projecting your usage on everyone else and dismissing what Conite said about 2FA not working for some folks. If you don't use 2FA then of course you have no complaints about it and would say it works great. You're not using the very specific feature.
    I'm not projecting my usage On everyone but stating what works for me. What I said was "Using HUB on my KEY2 Red Edition and Samsung TAB S5e works perfectly fine. Not breaking or broken."
    Conite asked what version I'm using with Google new rules and 2FA. Yes using the version available on Google PlayStore and paying for the subscription to be exact for my non BlackBerry devices.
    03-19-21 08:06 PM
    I'm not projecting my usage On everyone but stating what works for me. What I said was "Using HUB on my KEY2 Red Edition and Samsung TAB S5e works perfectly fine. Not breaking or broken."
    Conite asked what version I'm using with Google new rules and 2FA. Yes using the version available on Google PlayStore and paying for the subscription to be exact for my non BlackBerry devices.
    But how do you know if it's not breaking or broken if you're not using that specific feature? You are only speaking to YOUR specific usage. That's why Conite asked you about the Google changes and 2FA.
    03-19-21 08:07 PM
    You see the problem with your answer though, right?

There IS no version that is compatible with 2fa, and does not suffer from the Google sharing issue.

The HUB IS breaking / not keeping up, but you just don't happen to use or care about those features.
    03-19-21 08:08 PM
    But how do you know if it's not breaking or broken if you're not using that specific feature? You are only speaking to YOUR specific usage. That's why Conite asked you about the Google changes and 2FA.
    I originally responded to this...

The HUB Suite is very dated now, and is slowly breaking.

For me not broken..or slowly breaking. That was my answer. And I insist I have 0 issues with the HUB suite.
    And yes I use 2FA with Banking apps. Again no issue with my HUB.
    Why do have to agree to something that is not impacting my usage?
    03-19-21 08:15 PM
    I originally responded to this...

The HUB Suite is very dated now, and is slowly breaking.

For me not broken..or slowly breaking. That was my answer. And I insist I have 0 issues with the HUB suite.
    And yes I use 2FA with Banking apps. Again no issue with HUB.
    Why do have to agree to something that is not impacting my usage?
    You using 2FA on banking app has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Hub using 2FA. So again, are you using 2FA with your email on the Hub or not? Because you still haven't answered the question. If the answer is no, then you can't speak to the issue with Hub and 2FA and of course you're not going to have issues. You're NOT using the feature to actually even ascertain if there's an issue with it.
    03-19-21 08:16 PM
    And yes I use 2FA with Banking apps. Again no issue with HUB.
    The clear implication was using 2fa in the HUB.
    03-19-21 08:16 PM
    You using 2FA on banking app has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Hub using 2FA.
    You asked if I use 2FA and I answered.

But for now goodnight it's late in Euro Land!
    03-19-21 08:18 PM
    You asked if I use 2FA and I answered.

But for now goodnight it's late in Euro Land!
    No, you didn't. You said you're using it with your banking app, which was never even a question. You using 2FA on your banking app isn't even related to using 2FA with the Hub.
    03-19-21 08:18 PM
    Yes I did answer you.
    03-19-21 08:20 PM
    Yes I did answer you.
    Again, not even related to the Hub Rico.
    03-19-21 08:21 PM
    I’m just going to sit this out..... Somebody’s pass the popcorn.
    03-19-21 08:29 PM
    So, any word if Blackberry is still going to support and update the Blackberry Suite of apps? BBMe on the other hand is still supported and updated and a solid performing app.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-19-21 09:40 PM
    So, any word if Blackberry is still going to support and update the Blackberry Suite of apps? BBMe on the other hand is still supported and updated and a solid performing app.
    They are obligated to adhere to certain requirements to stay listed on the store - which explains the 2 updates they have provided in the last 21 months.

Apart from that, it's tough to believe they have any intention of doing much else.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-19-21 10:01 PM
    I see on Crackberry a lot of posters have bought a Pixel. Do most of you use the Blackberry Hub Suite or Google Apps? Curious to see what most have gravitated to...
    Looks like former Pixel owners are gravitating away from Pixel?

https://9to5google.com/2021/03/19/go...port-2021/amp/
    03-19-21 10:11 PM
139 1234 ...