Yes that's correct.
    So....... I refer you back to your post #69. Like the rest of us, your HUB IS subject to Google's changes, and your HUB does NOT have 2FA.
    03-20-21 04:52 PM
    So....... I refer you back to your post #69. Like the rest of us, your HUB IS subject to Google's changes, and your HUB does NOT have 2FA.
    \
    If you say so, all good.
    03-20-21 04:54 PM
    So we're back to 'my email works so it's not an issue for anyone else' lol.
    03-20-21 05:12 PM
    No sense in arguing, he said it does not work so it does not. At least it did not fly away.........LOL
    03-20-21 05:14 PM
    No sense in arguing, he said it does not work so it does not. At least it did not fly away.........LOL
    I mean, long story short, there are email configurations out there that once used to work in the Hub and no longer do. For those people, the Hub is definitively broken, whether certain individuals experience it not. Not sure what's so hard to agree with there. But I digress... as I said before, if it works for you.. use it. If not, move on. Easy.
    conite and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-20-21 05:17 PM
    I mean, long story short, there are email configurations out there that once used to work in the Hub and no longer do. For those people, the Hub is definitively broken, whether certain individuals experience it not. Not sure what's so hard to agree with there. But I digress... as I said before, if it works for you.. use it. If not, move on. Easy.
    Stop with the common sense........
    Attached Thumbnails Pixel Owners-doh.jpg  
    Bla1ze and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-20-21 05:27 PM
    This thread was a fun read, lol.
    03-21-21 01:45 AM
    Hub still works fine for me (Outlook and Gmail mainly). The thing that doesn't work that well is contact recognition. for Outlook the good thing is that if I've emailed an individual before or their details are on Exchange, their address will auto-fill when I start typing their name. that doesn't work on the Hub so I'm forced to use both apps. I prefer the Hub but as noted here it is becoming less useful over time.
    03-21-21 07:30 AM
    If you read rudeness, then you did not read it correctly. Just sayin'. Certainly none was intended.

Turn on 2fa in your Google account, as suggested by Google and all security experts, and then see what happens to your HUB.

As a matter of fact, Yahoo now requires it by default - hence everyone running around the last few weeks trying to create app-specific passwords for legacy apps like the BlackBerry HUB.

https://www.google.ca/landing/2step/

Multi-factor authentication has become the defacto standard for all secure logins.

Both as a modern email client and as a notification aggregator, the HUB IS broken, but you are spared because you either don't care about or don't use the features that are broken.
    I believe this is why my yahoo stopped working on my Hub. I love the Hub but it looks like I will have to move on soon due to future proofing.
    03-21-21 10:43 AM
    I believe this is why my yahoo stopped working on my Hub. I love the Hub but it looks like I will have to move on soon due to future proofing.
    This will work around the problem for now:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html
    03-21-21 10:58 AM
    This will work around the problem for now:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html
    Thanks Conite. The resolution I came up with prior to that was to import my Yahoo email to my Gmail account.

It has served me well so far but I don't want to have the worry of something else going wrong.

Would you recommend Spark as a good email choice? Do you have any other email recommendations?
    03-21-21 11:11 AM
    Thanks Conite. The resolution I came up with prior to that was to import my Yahoo email to my Gmail account.

It has served me well so far but I don't want to have the worry of something else going wrong.

Would you recommend Spark as a good email choice? Do you have any other email recommendations?
    Spark is very nice.

Aqua Mail and Nine are also good choices.

Of course the Gmail app and the Outlook app are no slouches either.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-21-21 11:12 AM
    Spark is very nice.

I like Outlook better but the phone version I think is a little lacking.
    03-22-21 07:41 AM
    So, a question. Thinking of moving away from HUB but trying to find a client that will integrate notifications the way HUB does. I have several Gmail accounts, a legacy POP, What'sapp and, of course, SMS. I honestly don't care about SMS outgoing notification, just incoming. Any suggestions? Thanks
    03-22-21 08:11 AM
    So, a question. Thinking of moving away from HUB but trying to find a client that will integrate notifications the way HUB does. I have several Gmail accounts, a legacy POP, What'sapp and, of course, SMS. I honestly don't care about SMS outgoing notification, just incoming. Any suggestions? Thanks
    I'm not aware of anything that will integrate WhatsApp with the rest of your email.

You're better off just using the tray anyway.
    03-22-21 08:36 AM
    Android just isn't made to allow all that integration, that with the notification bar is for. BlackBerry tired to highjack the whole notification system - back when they had 100's of developers working on these Apps and Android for the PRIV. But then Google went and changed things, so it broke SMS and Phone integration.... and slowly others apps.

In the end only Android can do what some BB10 users want from an email client... only so much 3rd parties can do.
    03-22-21 03:01 PM
    Thanks for the replies! Will consider starting my own world where I can have everything the way I want it.
    03-22-21 04:21 PM
    Thanks for the replies! Will consider starting my own world where I can have everything the way I want it.
    I'm in..........
    Attached Thumbnails Pixel Owners-computer.jpg  
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-22-21 04:24 PM
    Just... push... something... and we're off!
    03-22-21 04:27 PM
    The Pixel 5 is the best slab I've ever used. My priorities are battery life, reasonable size, straight-from-the-source updates, a nice camera, and a clean approach to Android (no bloat or heavy skins).
    So does the Samsung S20 fall into the heavy bloatware category? I think it does and there are too many duplicate apps.
    03-22-21 05:48 PM
    So does the Samsung S20 fall into the heavy bloatware category? I think it does and there are too many duplicate apps.
    Samsung makes decent, well-supported products, but I'm not a fan of the OneUI bloat. I just like it mean, clean, and lean.
    anon(5597702) and Bfalcon1 like this.
    03-22-21 05:59 PM
    Samsung makes decent, well-supported products, but I'm not a fan of the OneUI bloat. I just like it mean, clean, and lean.
    Same. Short of installing custom Roms, surely figured out a debloat option?
    03-22-21 06:45 PM
    Same. Short of installing custom Roms, surely figured out a debloat option?
    There are certainly some guides to follow to debloat a Samsung device, but there is a limit.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-22-21 06:47 PM
    Spark is very nice.

I'm going with spark. It does work well. Thanks for your input. Hopefully the hub makes a comeback lol.
    03-22-21 08:29 PM
    That is the one reason why I cannot go with samsung. You have google apps then samsung apps. That's no good for simple guys like me.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    03-22-21 08:33 PM
139 ... 23456