I see on Crackberry a lot of posters have bought a Pixel. Do most of you use the Blackberry Hub Suite or Google Apps? Curious to see what most have gravitated to...
    03-18-21 10:43 PM
    I see on Crackberry a lot of posters have bought a Pixel. Do most of you use the Blackberry Hub Suite or Google Apps? Curious to see what most have gravitated to...
    Google apps.

The HUB Suite is very dated now, and is slowly breaking.
    03-18-21 11:33 PM
    Google apps.

The HUB Suite is very dated now, and is slowly breaking.
    When were the last updates for the Hub software?

Kinda sad to see it go. It really helped me back in 2017 when I left BB10. But it became such a pile of crap when they ended sms support and a bunch of other integrations.
    spantch101 likes this.
    03-19-21 01:00 AM

Kinda sad to see it go. It really helped me back in 2017 when I left BB10. But it became such a pile of crap when they ended sms support and a bunch of other integrations.
    Last updates were Nov 19th. Still works fine on my BE K1 and A71 5G.
    03-19-21 01:16 AM

BTW your frustrations should be with Google on the SMS stuff. That honestly didn't really bother me on Android with notifications and Messenges as it opens there on the swipe down or tap.
    03-19-21 01:20 AM
    I'm using A Pixel 4xl, with no BlackBerry software.

The stock Google apps seem to work well for me.
    03-19-21 05:56 AM
    Google Apps plus the proprietary apps for respective email providers and Microsoft as well. I've personally never been an unknown third party app fan on any platform.

I'm using my 3a more like a BBOS device since for me that's what I think of as productive. I wasn't ever a fan of BB10 which to me just imitated Android on the BBOS upgrade level.

Mentally, the whole device has become the literal physical hub since it has so many additional communication functions in 2021 like Slack, Ring Central, Teams and Zoom that reminds me of BBM and other BBOS usage that evolved on Android but away from BlackBerry itself.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-19-21 06:21 AM
    Last updates were Nov 19th. Still works fine on my BE K1 and A71 5G.
    Using HUB on my KEY2 Red Edition and Samsung TAB S5e works perfectly fine. Not breaking or broken.
    03-19-21 06:37 AM
    Using HUB on my KEY2 Red Edition and Samsung TAB S5e works perfectly fine. Not breaking or broken.
    What magic version are you using that isn't subject to Google's new rules and has 2fa?
    BBuso77 and John Albert like this.
    03-19-21 07:15 AM
    What magic version are you using that isn't subject to Google's new rules and has 2fa?
    The Magic that the HUB is not broken or breaking....it works! Available on Google PlayStore...no magic sorcery here!
    03-19-21 08:19 AM
    The Magic that the HUB is not broken or breaking....it works! Available on Google PlayStore...no magic sorcery here!
    Apart from ignoring the question, I can't make heads or tails of this.
    pdr733, cribble2k, BBuso77 and 1 others like this.
    03-19-21 11:34 AM
    Apart from ignoring the question, I can't make heads or tails of this.
    I answered your question...you just don't like the answer. Told you downloaded version from Google PlayStore and for me NOT slowly breaking...works just fine.
    Last edited by Rico4you; 03-19-21 at 12:22 PM.
    03-19-21 12:12 PM
    I answered your question...you just don't like the answered. Told you downloaded version from Google PlayStore and for me NOT slowly breaking...works just fine.
    Are you using all the apps?
    03-19-21 12:16 PM
    I answered your question...you just don't like the answer.
    But I asked you specifically about Google's sharing rules and 2fa.
    BBuso77 and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-19-21 12:51 PM
    I answered your question...you just don't like the answer. Told you downloaded version from Google PlayStore and for me NOT slowly breaking...works just fine.
    So are you simply not using 2FA?
    BBuso77 likes this.
    03-19-21 01:28 PM
    Clearly he isn't....

OP the apps will work, like most older apps... with some work and tweaking. But they are dated, last few updates have been minor bug fixes (or additions). I'd suggest you give them a try, and see for yourself if they are usable for you. But they aren't worth paying for at this point...

But I "think" you'd fine using the default Google Suites a much better experience in 2021 and beyond.
    pdr733 and cribble2k like this.
    03-19-21 01:39 PM

There have been 2 production updates in the last 21 months, and both of them were mainly about Android 11 compliance.

It's too bad, since it used to get updated monthly when it was considered an active product.
    03-19-21 02:01 PM
    Wait, the BlackBerry apps don't work anymore? What?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-19-21 02:16 PM
    There have been 2 production updates in the last 21 months, and both of them were mainly about Android 11 compliance.

It's too bad, since it used to get updated monthly when it was considered an active product.
    Strange for a software company.....
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-19-21 02:19 PM
    Unfortunately the Blackberry Suite of apps is not available on iOS and I can’t comment as to their functionality. However I do have a few colleagues still using the Suite on K1, K2 and other Android devices and have not heard this doom and gloom from them. Could this be more bias towards Blackberry Apps than actual fact?
    bh7171 and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-19-21 02:23 PM
    Mentally, the whole device has become the literal physical hub
    Ah, excellent. So every device is a hub now, but mentally. Makes sense.
    03-19-21 02:29 PM
    No problems on my Pixel 4a from day 1. Same on my Samsung tablet.
    03-19-21 02:31 PM
    Bla1ze...what is your take on the BB Hub Suite?
    03-19-21 02:36 PM
    Strange for a software company.....
    Microsoft isn't exactly on top of MS-DOS either. Is that also connected to Microsoft's abilities as a software developer.
    Bfalcon1 and BBuso77 like this.
    03-19-21 02:37 PM
    Could this be more bias towards Blackberry Apps than actual fact?

Wait, the BlackBerry apps don't work anymore? What?

No problems on my Pixel 4a from day 1. Same on my Samsung tablet.
    No idea why "the crew" has come out to champion this cause.

Is the Suite getting long in the tooth with a complete lack of real development? Yes.

Is the Suite losing ground with new email protocols? Yes.

Is the Suite suffering from Google's sharing restrictions? Yes.

But does the Suite continue to work for some people's needs? Sure.
    03-19-21 02:43 PM
139 123 ...