I have an 8310 on AT&T using BES and my colleague has an 8320 on Orange using BIS. We have been happily communicating (over PIN and bbm (blackberry messenger)for the better part of a year when something strange happened. All of a sudden, he could receive PIN and bbm messages but could not sent them to me.

At first, I though it was a problem with his bb and had him re-send service books, etc. But that did not solve anything. The problem persisted. Looking closer at the problem from bbm, we discovered that to my bb, he always appeared "busy" although his status was available and my bb always appeared to be "unreachable" to him even though my status was "available".

We tried deleting and re-requesting messenger contacts with and without PIN to no avail. Then, he tried adding other contacts on his bb and discovered that he was able to send and receive both PIN and bbm with all of the new contacts he had added and I was able to communicate via PIN and bbm with all of my other contacts (old and new). It just seemed that only our two devices could not communicate via PIN and bbm (email was still fine of course).

Finally, I had convinced myself that the problem was on my bb so I arranged with our sys admin to wipe my handheld and perform Enterprise Activation again in an attempt to solve the problem. Went through the whole process and tried to add him as a bbm contact. He accepted and for a few moments, his status appeared to be active. I sent him the first message and within moments, the status changed to "busy" and we were right back to where we started. Oh - and were were STILL not able to exchange PIN messages. I could send, he could see, but he could not respond.

To summarize:
    1. Both of us have pulled battery and waited for two minutes before re-booting.
    2. He (BIS) has requested Service books.
    3. I (BES) have wiped handheld and re-activated.
    4. Both of us have deleted each other as contacts and re-entered with and without PIN.

The only thing we have not done yet is wiped his (BIS) but only because he is on a plane headed back to the UK. Will try that tomorrow.

Anyone ever see anything like this? Anyone have anything to offer? Anything we have not tried yet? Anyone?.... anyone?

Thanks,

Jake
    10-24-08 02:47 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Jake.

This is the second time today that issue has been raised.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/help...ational-86036/

...tech guy also said that blackberry are disbanding the blackberry pin messaging,
    I would suggest halting troubleshooting for a while, let the geeks at BlackBerry figure out what is wrong in their system.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-24-08 at 03:23 PM.
    10-24-08 02:59 PM
    I'm having similar issues on AT&T. I'll hit up the other thread and see if I can figure something out. In the meantime, can somebody hit me up at PIN 248429d1 ? Please post here when you do so a) I'll know it's been tried, and b) not everyone on CB tries to pin me.
    Thanks,
    -Eric
    10-24-08 03:01 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Jake.

This is the second time today that issue has been raised.
    I would suggest halting troubleshooting for a while, let the geeks at BlackBerry figure out what is wrong in their system.
    That sounds like good advice. I am exhausted with this effort. I can't help but feel there's some sort of "soft switch" problem there somewhere. There's a status relay that's dropping the baton!!!!
    10-24-08 03:43 PM
    Well, my buddy is back in the UK. We both erased each other again as BBM contacts and started over. Once again, I sent a request for a BBM contact and my pal responded. The contact showed up as "Active" until I sent a message. Within minutes, the smiley face changed shape and the contact info revealed that the contact is now "unreachable". This is getting boring......

I can't decide whether it's the network or the device. His or mine.

Any ideas? Anyone... anyone?

Jake
    10-26-08 10:51 PM
    Mate I sent you a pin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 09:08 AM
    before i could add my contacts w the emails now is only PINs, and i had to restore my computer but in order to upgrade it i supposely need a windows and im a Mac user... is there a place where i can go to upgrade my blackberry? and please the first question too
    11-04-08 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD