Hey all!

So I'm going on my honeymoon this weekend ( ) and am hoping to leave my laptop at home. Wife has a camera (A Canon point and shoot) and naturally I'd rather not leave ALL of the pictures on the memory card for the entire trip. If the camera gets dropped, lost, stolen, etc.

I've searched, but haven't been able to find if there is a way to transfer pictures from the camera directly into my blackberry and its memory card. The camera has the standard USB Mini port, and I can physically link them together... does anyone know of any software or steps to facilitate that? If so, this would solve a LOT of problems.

Thanks!
    07-20-10 08:43 AM
    what kind of storage card is on the camera?
    07-20-10 08:58 AM
    About the only way I can think of doing it is if you can place a microSD card in the camera (if it takes SD cards). You could then put the microSO card into your BB and transfer them to main memory, then insert your BB microSD card and transfer them over there.

Both devices try to be a hard drive for PCs to see. Neither device can simulate a PC, so you can't connect a second device to the BB's USB port and have it act like additional storage.

The only other way would be if the camera has bluetooth. Then you could possibly send files between devices. The simplest route will still be getting a microSD card for the camera.
    07-20-10 09:06 AM
    Thanks for the responses!

The camera holds an SD and/or SDHC card - and will work with a MicroSD card inserted to an adapter.

I could just move the cards back and forth, but my hope was to be able to put the image files from the camera onto the memory card in my phone, effectively making a backup copy.

We are going on a cruise, so I may just end up seeing if the computers there will recognize the devices, and manually pushing/pulling the files.

Happier if something can go directly though!
    07-20-10 09:47 AM
    Basically what Xopher said, get a separate MicroSD card w/adapter for the camera. Take your pictures, then put that card into your BB and transfer the pics to the BB's internal memory using the Files app in the applications directory (or install FileScout). Then take that card out and put your original BB card back in and move the pics from the BB to that card. You just have to remember your 9700 only has 256 MB of internal memory, so depending on the size and amount of pics you take, you may be going back and forth between cards quite a bit.

Without a PC or Bluetooth, this would be the only way to do it. Just check to make sure that it works before you actually go and find out something isn't working, mainly the formatting of the card for the camera. Put the camera card in the BB first to make sure it's readable there, then put it in the camera and take a few test shots. Then put the card back into the BB and make sure it can read the card and that you can actually move the files.
    07-20-10 01:26 PM
    There are devices, usb bridges, that connect two devices but reviews are that they are very slow and cumbersome. I think Belkin or one of those other similar makes them.
    07-20-10 02:37 PM
    I had used a bridge device years ago with an ipod, but have no idea where it is, and it took FOREVER. Killed the battery too.

No luck with both devices reading the memory card correctly, but I did get a netbook to borrow...so in a way I'll be doing the best I can of all worlds! The memory card from my BB will be going into an adapter and into the netbook, pics to get dumped onto that card.

Would still love to find a way to do this though!
    07-22-10 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD