I want to be able to take a picture of a VIN number and it show up in text format on my bberry curve...anyone know any software that does this?
    04-14-09 08:10 AM
    I'm not aware of any OCR software for the BB. You may want to search for OCR - that may help.

{Optical Character Recognition}
    04-14-09 08:18 AM
    If I may ask, what are you trying to accomplish with this? I've not heard of any of this type of software, but there may be something that can be done depending on your needs. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 08:19 AM
    I take a photo and it shows me/allows me to copy the text in the photo to my phone.
    04-14-09 08:24 AM
    I understand you are trying to use it to copy the text, what are you trying to use the text version for?

04-14-09 08:39 AM
    run a VIN number....if I can take a photo of it, and it turn into text that I could copy and send to someone else, it'd be much easier then writing it down
    04-14-09 08:42 AM
    I did a google and DID get a few hits...

ocr for blackberry - Google Search
    04-14-09 08:46 AM
    I did a google and DID get a few hits...

ocr for blackberry - Google Search
    Sounds like you looked before...did you find anything?
    04-14-09 08:49 AM
    Sounds like you looked before...did you find anything?
    Nope, I just did the search based on your request, but I DO have some experience with OCR for computers. OCR is not an exact science, but it IS pretty good. Basically what it does is try to read the text in the picture, BUT it's not always correct especially when used with handwriting. Your source would be type (or like type) so you should have good results.
    04-14-09 08:57 AM
    In your address book, you can transcribe the number in the notes section, then you can copy and paste where needed. Just an idea if you can't find what you're looking for. You can take any notes you want, highlight the pertinent info, copy and use whatever parts you need.

04-14-09 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD