Hello everybody

I want to use picture password, set it up followed the instructions. But when I place the number in the correct spot it's says wrong number or spot. After 4 or 5 times it works. Anyone else having issues? Or I'm I doing something wrong?

? posted via my Z10
    02-06-14 11:58 AM
    I'd say It's likely that you're not placing your chosen number correctly. Even with the small amount of "wiggle room", you have to be fairly precise with your placement.
    02-06-14 12:09 PM
    That precise......
    Ow well...

? posted via my Z10
    02-06-14 12:54 PM
    Do you realise you can move the number grid by placing a finger anywhere on the screen?
    At first I placed it directly on the number whilst trying to place it, which produced a lot of errors.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-06-14 01:53 PM
    Got, it now it works awesome
    Now I can change the picture and number more often

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 02:03 PM

So that's the reason I always got it wrong. Going back to picture password!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 07:36 PM
    That's exactly why I stopped using it before as well. Back to the picture lock a days ago. It's much easier to touch the screen elsewhere and place the number on the spot.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 07:44 PM
    If you are touching the number and then placing it, an onlooker could see your password. If you move the number grid by just touching anywhere, it is pretty much impossible to tell what the password is.

I feel most have some confusion about this, I did at first. Not having to touch the number you picked should be made clear when setting up the pic pass. It's literally what makes it so awesome.
    dudoo likes this.
    02-06-14 07:54 PM
    Agreed. It should be explained in the setup.
    Off topic, but another thing I discovered by accident was with Brightness in the Quick Settings. There's the Icon and there's the word "Brightness" to the right of the little Icon.
    Touching the word will open Settings, yet touching the Icon will produce a slider right there within the Quick Settings drop-down menu.

So many neat things to find in this OS.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-06-14 08:07 PM
    Wow. Not to hijack a thread but that is new to me. It does the same in sense for all icon touches verses touching the word.

Very cool.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 08:48 PM
    I love how you can drag from anywhere. It would be kind of bad if you couldn't because then people could guess your code by watching the number you cover and where you place it. Now I can literally have someone staring at the screen as I unlock and still have no ******* clue as to the code. Far superior to Android's method where the fingerprint smudges would give it away (and I think better than giving Apple my fingerprint)
    02-06-14 11:18 PM
    Do you realise you can move the number grid by placing a finger anywhere on the screen?
    At first I placed it directly on the number whilst trying to place it, which produced a lot of errors.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    It works! Man do I love picture password.
    I always put my finger on the number and drag it to the picture. That is why it is not working

? posted via my Z10
    bennelong likes this.
    02-07-14 01:49 AM
    It works! Man do I love picture password.
    I always put my finger on the number and drag it to the picture. That is why it is not working

? posted via my Z10
    when you put your finger on the number, the number gets partially hidden and you cannot really be certain where you drop it off, that is why you move the grid instead and that easily gets you right the first time ....
    02-07-14 04:19 AM
    Plus you really shouldn't be touching your number anyways. Otherwise someone could just watch you unlock your phone to figure out the code.

Granted, mine would probably be easy to guess. It's the colored tile picture, and I put the zero on top of the black spot on one of the middle tiles.
    02-07-14 05:33 AM
    Hello!

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. You do have to be fairly precise (as another user has posted) with your letter placement. Sometimes, even if I have the right area, if my number isn't half-covering the specific spot, it won't register. It can be a little frustrating when you need to open your phone fast, but I'm sure you'll get used to it! And then unlocking it will be much faster. Luckily, you can still get into your phone if you can't hit the right spot five times - this has happened to me, lol.

Don't worry!
    02-07-14 01:30 PM
    Mine is easy # 8 + green tile, by noon its number 2 + red tile

Yesterday was # 8 and the barn roof by 4 pm it was the # 1 and the cow by the other 15 cow 's'

Today it's ?????? Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 10:43 AM
    Works great for me. I even tried to have my iPhone sheep friends guess my code staring directly at my phone as I unlocked it, haha no dice. The looks on their faces, priceless.

Posted with the Glorious Z30
    02-08-14 11:24 AM
    Yup my son's eyes are a hawk and he missed the cows

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 01:24 PM