I'm on 10.2.1.537 and I'm trying to use the Picture Password option for my lock screen. I turned on Device Password and set a simple password (digits only). I swipe to turn on Picture Password and the screen will dim like it's going to launch and open, but then the screen just brightens up again without the Picture Password function launching. I did both a restart and a battery pull, but that doesn't seem to solve the problem. Is anybody else having this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

I'm not trying to hate on my z10 because I would never ditch it!
    01-30-14 11:37 PM
    are you on a work device where they might have security disabling the service?
    01-30-14 11:38 PM
    Howarmat- no I am not. I should have added that in there.
    01-30-14 11:40 PM
    I have Device Password on - and Simple Password toggled off in Settings - and it's working for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 12:10 AM
    It happens sometimes to me, if u wait a few it will be ok. Sometimes when the battery is low that happens n it's happened without picture password too. You can reboot n wait two minutes r just wait it out

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-31-14 12:17 AM
    You need to decrypt your device before setting up PP. Go into security settings and look for "encryption" toggle off wait till its done decrypting. It will take a while to decrypt. When it's done go back into PP and set up. After you have finished you can go back and re encrypt everything.it will NOT launch if you have the toggle on for encryption

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 12:18 AM
    Okay thanks all! I'll try those solutions
    01-31-14 07:40 AM
    I can not get this to set for me. When I go into Device Password all is off. I turn on Device Password and the simple password comes up to fill in. I do cancel and it turns the device password to off.
    The picture password option is grayed out and just can not get by simple password.

Any suggestions?

Pam
    01-31-14 08:40 AM
    Mine works with both toggles on.

Picture Password Not Launching-img_20140131_224607.png

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    01-31-14 08:48 AM
    I can not get this to set for me. When I go into Device Password all is off. I turn on Device Password and the simple password comes up to fill in. I do cancel and it turns the device password to off.
    The picture password option is grayed out and just can not get by simple password.

Any suggestions?

Pam
    You need to have a password enabled and set to use picture password. If you (or someone trying to get into your phone) fails the picture password after so many tries it falls back to the password you set.

Posted via CB10/Z30
    01-31-14 09:06 AM

Any suggestions?

Pam
    I don't know if this is your issue, but as someone mentioned earlier - device encryption must turned off in order to initially set a password.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 01:40 PM
    One thing that may have fallen through the cracks. . . Howermat mentioned a work device and you said no. I have a personal device as well, but it accesses my work email using Exchange/Activesync - in order to use this, our IT protocols require that a password is set on the phone. I don't know the technical issues behind it, but it does not allow picture password to work unless enabled by the administrator of the Exchange/Activesync account (I htink Picture Password isn't recognized as a password on the server side of things. . . or something like that).
    01-31-14 01:57 PM
    One thing that may have fallen through the cracks. . . Howermat mentioned a work device and you said no. I have a personal device as well, but it accesses my work email using Exchange/Activesync - in order to use this, our IT protocols require that a password is set on the phone. I don't know the technical issues behind it, but it does not allow picture password to work unless enabled by the administrator of the Exchange/Activesync account (I htink Picture Password isn't recognized as a password on the server side of things. . . or something like that).
    With all due precautions and readings, you might have a look here : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...e-sync-877068/
    02-02-14 01:03 PM