Yep, once again SackTel beats MTS by a mile!
    09-01-16 03:09 PM
    Yep, once again SackTel beats MTS by a mile!
    Hmmm. I'd have to see a head-to-head comparison. I have unlimited data Canada-wide, with the only fly in the ointment being that MTS MIGHT start restricting my band-width if I go over 2gig in a month while outside Manitoba. I've never had issues while on the road, throughout Western Canada and in Ontario, whereas I know other people who have all sorts of hassles once they leave their province.

In terms of selection of BB devices, you're correct.

However, since I was born in Sk and STILL cheer for the Riders, I don't mind if SackTel beats MTS. Still a victory of sorts for me!
    09-01-16 04:21 PM
    haha Yes I meant in regards to BB selection
    09-01-16 04:35 PM
    Do they tell you that BlackBerry has effectively abandoned the BB10 models?
    No I never asked, I just kinda wanted to take the pics and get out. All the employees looked busy at computers signing up people on their new 2 year contracts but in all honesty, I doubt they even know anything about Blackberry as a company, or specific details. They probably expect people to know what they like and then just let them choose, and activate it, out the door.

Funny how Apple always seperates the iphones from the rest of the Android and Blackberry tables. They have their own special little area with a back-lighted, towering Billboard above the actual table where the iphones sit

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-01-16 04:47 PM
    I can only imagine. In Vancouver, there's still a good collective of BlackBerry fans. Only on a few occasions have I been looked at like I have leprosy when I ask for the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I honestly haven't seen ANY Blackberry in the wild for months now.

09-01-16 04:49 PM
    Bearing in mind that I'm in small town Manitoba, the last time I was in my store (quite some time ago) they had a PRIV and a Passport.

I see on MTS's web site that they only sell the PRIV, although some stores may have BB10 left.
    It will be interesting to see what the future holds because MTS has been bought by Bell, so we may see some upheavals in the offerings once Bell gets to taking over more.
    That might be something interesting to Google and research......what each Provincial Carrier offers from their website, like Sasktel, MTS, etc. just for curiousity sake. Then we might know the trends if Blackberry is still more popular or successful in certain areas or provinces, etc.

09-01-16 04:53 PM
    No I never asked, I just kinda wanted to take the pics and get out. All the employees looked busy at computers signing up people on their new 2 year contracts but in all honesty, I doubt they even know anything about Blackberry as a company, or specific details. They probably expect people to know what they like and then just let them choose, and activate it, out the door.

Funny how Apple always seperates the iphones from the rest of the Android and Blackberry tables. They have their own special little area with a back-lighted, towering Billboard above the actual table where the iphones sit

Here in the US Samsung and Apple at T-Mobile stores lease "prime" space and locations for their product kiosks. They also maintain, clean and ensure devices are operating properly. (same in other carriers stores). Nobody, LG,HTC, BlackBerry, etc. can compete with the advertising and monetary marketing might of Samsung or Apple at present. I am hoping the reasonably priced, unlocked, carrier bloat free, non-amoritized devices blow holes in the trend here. It's no wonder why they push Apple or Samsung. Who would be stupid enough to bite the hand that feeds them? Apple and Samsung subsidize carrier lease space here in the US.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    09-01-16 06:07 PM
    Where is there?
    Fairyland.. or Canada .. same thing.
    09-01-16 06:11 PM
    I was in my local Alberta Telus store today. No BlackBerry phones at all. Not even non working models. No Dtek's to be found anywhere in my mall either.
    09-01-16 10:24 PM
    I was in my local Alberta Telus store today. No BlackBerry phones at all. Not even non working models. No Dtek's to be found anywhere in my mall either.
    when was the last time you saw the full line offered there?

Just a shot in the dark but I wonder if this has anything to do with economies, or where they think sales could be greater. I know that a couple years ago Saskatoon was called the most booming city in Canada and everyone was moving here but now we have fell on hard times just like Alberta.

Who knows, just spitballin' here.

I wasn't too impressed with Best Buy a few years ago. There was a Blackberry I asked to see and one of the cell guys said "I don't even bother showing people that model, why would you even want to look at it?" I replied something about "liking them" but I was pretty shocked. But I do like BestBuy but it was that one guy that miffed me. So I think that proves everyone has their own preferences, and even salespeople have their own biases, etc. but if someone asks to see something they should hold their personal beliefs and show the darn thing. Would a car salesman do something like that? I doubt it because they work on comission and a sale is a sale.

09-01-16 11:02 PM
    The Telus store had a working PRIV about two weeks ago. Bell , Rogers etc just have non working dummy models of the PRIV, Classic and Leap. Not as many Passport dummy models.

BlackBerry needs to advertise their store and their devices at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 12:51 AM
    That's one good thing about Sasktel, those were all working phones with leashes attatched so I could not take that Dtek50 home!!

09-02-16 12:55 AM
    Wow . They still have bb10 phones on display
    09-02-16 09:31 AM
    I still find weird a blackberry phone that doesn't say blackberry at the top of bottom of their screen.
    09-02-16 10:05 AM
    Agreed!

09-02-16 11:48 AM
    They need to place the priv and dtek with the other Android devices. I feel like displaying them with the other BlackBerry devices is going to hinder sales.

It's only the BlackBerry fans who will walk over to the BlackBerry display. And we are very few and far between.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 12:05 PM
    I still find weird a blackberry phone that doesn't say blackberry at the top of bottom of their screen.
    Makes future rebranding easier.
    09-02-16 12:06 PM
    The cost of the branding would have been very small. Just a marketing decision. A better marketing decision would have been to offer a white model with a white bezel in addition to the black one.
    09-02-16 04:13 PM
    Yes the first one is a Dtek50, then Priv, then Leap, then passport, then classic

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Close, but you have the Priv and the Leap reversed. It's DTEK50, Leap, Priv, Passport and Classic going from left to right.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 04:20 PM
    The cost of the branding would have been very small. Just a marketing decision. A better marketing decision would have been to offer a white model with a white bezel in addition to the black one.
    Pretty sure they want to sell this phone to people other than crackberry members who will buy anything with a BlackBerry logo on it. You guys don't represent a very large percentage.

And branding it probably would have been a significant cost. They would have had to get a separate order and added extra work and cost from the factory. Having them the same as the alcatel phones is a lot easier and cheaper.

Plus they are probably finally starting to realize that the BlackBerry name and logo has very little positive recognition these days.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 04:34 PM
    I bet the screen branding might be at most 2 bucks a unit. Regardless not a big deal in terms of the whole phone. Just a marketing decision because BlackBerry has no faith in their own brand.

Hopefully the next PKB has a removable battery and the red light blinking. Too much to ask.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 09-02-16 at 06:22 PM.
    09-02-16 04:50 PM
    I don't know what to think about the lack of "branding" on the front of the Dtek50 but don't you think people will know what they are buying? I don't think people are that naieve (sp?)

Unless they figure "all Androids are the same" then perhaps they wouldn't care....

who knows

09-02-16 07:50 PM
    This is a great photo, though I don't like the Priv and DTEK50.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-02-16 08:40 PM
    I can only imagine. In Vancouver, there's still a good collective of BlackBerry fans. Only on a few occasions have I been looked at like I have leprosy when I ask for the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Repping here in coquitlam

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-03-16 02:49 PM
    This is a great photo, though I don't like the Priv and DTEK50.
    Which device do you use?
    09-03-16 03:40 PM
51 123