Haven't pre-ordered but plan on picking mine up at Rogers on Tuesday...if they have any left.
    02-01-13 10:04 AM

Thanks Bigbadben I am now paying $69 per month
    Also as I registered today I will get a $50 rebate when I pick up my phone Tuesday
    Great day
    You are very welcome JohnBoy28, I am glad I was able to help you out. Cheers
    02-01-13 10:10 AM
    Pre-ordered and paid at a Bell store in Hamilton. Said it will be here for Tuesday (if you pre-order between Jan 30th-Feb 2nd) and they will hold it for about 2 weeks, then it's first come first served. Also bought leather pouch off CrackBerry shop, and pre-ordered the battery bundle and the red flip shell so have to wait for those to come in before I get all three

Soooo excited, I'm going to be at Bell 9am sharp for opening.

I've also been negotiating with retentions. I was offered the Fab 10, unlimited text etc, 6GB, VM/CID, 100 LD minutes for $70. Hoping to get that down to $65.
    02-01-13 10:13 AM
    I'm in the US, but I would like to get my hands on a Canadian one!
    02-01-13 10:23 AM
    pre-ordered!
    02-01-13 11:30 AM
    *puts hand up*
    With Bell. Transferring from 9810 to Black Z10. The wait is painfull for me and I have a Dev Alpha, lol!
    02-01-13 11:35 AM
    Picking up mine from a telus store on feb 5th. Hope I get it that day as I am 26th in line lol
    02-01-13 12:05 PM
    I'm attempting fate on Tuesday and going in during my lunch hour to see who has what available. The nearest mall has all 3 major carrier stores plus Best Buy mobile. So I think my chances are pretty good that I will get a Z10. I am currently with Telus but also extremely disappointed that they won't be getting the white Z10 for another week, whereas Bell and Rogers will have them available on the 5th. So I may just be looking to jump ship. I only have a 18 months left with Telus so it won't be too much of a hit on the ETF.
    02-01-13 12:57 PM
    I'm getting mine on Virgin Mobile: keeping my current on-contract plan, but I'll do just about anything for a few more perks without changing my plan or raising my monthly fees. Hear that, cute college age store staff? "Just about anything...". C'mon, it'll only take 2 minutes.

I added 5.5GB on my bell plan for $10 (i had 500mb and now 6gb) this will be PERFECT for my Z10/PB combo. BAM!
    I don't see the 6 Gig plan option on Bell's site, especially not for $10 per month... you must be an "excellent customer" i.e. is your monthly bill already over $100?
    02-01-13 01:01 PM
    I'm getting mine on Virgin Mobile: keeping my current on-contract plan, but I'll do just about anything for a few more perks without changing my plan or raising my monthly fees. Hear that, cute college age store staff? "Just about anything...". C'mon, it'll only take 2 minutes.

I don't see the 6 Gig plan option on Bell's site, especially not for $10 per month... you must be an "excellent customer" i.e. is your monthly bill already over $100?
    It was a promotion that was on during the holidays. it was the exact same plan I currently had, but with 6GB for $10 more... it wasnt really an add on, I switched my entire plan technically, just that the one i switched it to was the same. I just called in and there is a promotion where the $15 'bundle' for voice mail and all that is now $2, so I will be paying $62 plus tax for pretty much unlimited everything... but i need one question answered...

DO I NEED A BIS PLAN??? ... the guy from bell said FOR SURE i need a BB data plan, and my current plan wouldnt work.
    02-01-13 01:05 PM
    DO I NEED A BIS PLAN??? ... the guy from bell said FOR SURE i need a BB data plan, and my current plan wouldnt work.
    I think for the email routing and the BBM, a BIS plan is a necessity: I don't think that BBM can function without the BIS service to decrypt the messages, determine routing information, and re-encrypt them before sending... but there are dozens of other people on this site who can clarify that for certain, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway.
    02-01-13 01:08 PM
    Just came back from my local rogers store in Ontario. ALREADY IN STOCK!!! but he said he can't sell me one till next week bah
    02-01-13 01:10 PM
    BlackBerry 10 does not need a BIS plan. BBM still goes through the NOC, but your carrier does not have to pay a BIS fee for this from what I've gathered. So any old data plan will work just fine.
    02-01-13 01:11 PM
    BlackBerry 10 does not need a BIS plan. BBM still goes through the NOC, but your carrier does not have to pay a BIS fee for this from what I've gathered. So any old data plan will work just fine.
    that is what im reading everywhere, but the people at bell have no idea. the guy told me i had to wait until the phone was released because RIM didnt give them any info... pretty sure that is not true and he just didnt want to make it look bad on Bells end.
    02-01-13 01:33 PM
    that is what im reading everywhere, but the people at bell have no idea. the guy told me i had to wait until the phone was released because RIM didnt give them any info... pretty sure that is not true and he just didnt want to make it look bad on Bells end.
    Yeah, it sounds like the guy on the other end was just uninformed. When I was pre-ordering from Telus, the website said any regular data plan will work, regardless of what phone you previously had, but they will not offer the BlackBerry unlimited social/BBM plans or unlimited email plans for BlackBerry 10.
    02-01-13 01:38 PM
    Yeah, it sounds like the guy on the other end was just uninformed. When I was pre-ordering from Telus, the website said any regular data plan will work, regardless of what phone you previously had, but they will not offer the BlackBerry unlimited social/BBM plans or unlimited email plans for BlackBerry 10.
    well if i have 6GB i dont think i will need the unlimited BB plans... i dont even use 4GB on my iphone

thanks for clarifying though, thats why i love CB!
    02-01-13 01:41 PM
    Buying mine from the little shop in Costco, I've found it's way better to buy from those guys rather than the Bell store. Get mine on tuesday, still haven't decided white or black.
    02-01-13 01:41 PM
    well if i have 6GB i dont think i will need the unlimited BB plans... i dont even use 4GB on my iphone
    Oh yeah, you're all set. Now if only I could get 6GB out of Telus... my family's been customers with them for 11 years and pays them a very hefty bill each month, the least they could do is be generous with the data!
    02-01-13 01:42 PM
    Can someone explain the difference between reliance on BlackBerry's NOC vs. "having BIS"? I mean, aren't they the same? Or is it just semantics i.e. "having BIS" means paying BlackBerry a fee, where "using the NOC" is the same thing but doesn't necessarily mean a fee is paid...

To me "using the NOC" = "BIS" = BlackBerry gets a fee, and I thought that BBM (at least) REQUIRED BB's NOC to work.

Of course a link to a CrackBerry article explaining all this would be much appreciated, as a search turns up things that are close but not quite exactly what I need to clarify my understanding.
    02-01-13 02:42 PM
    I had the option of picking one up at the store or ordering by phone on our commercial account, whichever would get it to me faster. I was afraid that on Tuesday most stores would be sold out so I opted for the phone order. When I asked the guy about this he said not to worry, that commercial accounts get "VIP treatment" and I should get it quickly. Still, even if it means waiting a couple of extra days I needed to get the phone on the account. I probably could have gotten it in-store and then switched it over I guess, but still I'd kick myself if they are all sold out. Here's what I got for $70:

-1,000 minutes 8AM to 6PM
    - unlimted evenings and weekends
    - long distance anywhere in Canada and the USA
    - unlimited text
    - 3GB data

Considering I'm paying $200-$300/month now this is a huge improvement for me. I average about 700 minutes/month and less than 500mb so my costs will be pretty much fixed at $70.

Does anyone think mine will be shipped on Monday for delivery after Tuesday? I forgot to ask the guy. Also, where would they be shipped from? A local store or some central warehouse?
    02-01-13 02:52 PM
70 123