• Evolve or some slab

3 2.59%
  • Style or something folding

2 1.72%
  • Landscape pkb of some sort

2 1.72%
  • Something very different

1 0.86%
    2021 new Blackberry phone is coming out.

Lets see where this goes.

Pick your preferred closest form factor:
    08-24-20 12:18 PM
    2021 new Blackberry phone is coming out.

Lets see where this goes.

Pick your preferred closest form factor:
    Candy-bar with thin-bezelled 16:9 screen, and a 1/2" weighted chin for balance.

It wouldn't have to be much taller than the KEY² when you get rid of the nav buttons too.
    bakron1, Ustel13, bd69 and 3 others like this.
    08-24-20 12:27 PM
    The AT&T model
    conite likes this.
    08-24-20 12:30 PM

It wouldn't have to be much taller than the KEY² when you get rid of the nav buttons too.
    I think conite has it right. I would love a Q10 or Classic type, but sales would be awful. I would like a Priv slider, but it would turn off even most of the faithful here. I'd buy a Passport type, but it's an awkward shape for most to carry around.

Basically, the KEY form factor does everything well enough. Make any of the above and I'm likely to buy it, but anything but a candy-bar is unlikely to sell well (and even then...).

Posted via CB10
    08-24-20 01:39 PM

The AT&T model
    Both of these for me.

08-24-20 02:44 PM

I am good with this idea, should be interesting the next few months.
    08-24-20 02:48 PM
    I'd like the Passport shape, But I think it's unlikely they will build a device with that form. I believe the device when it comes out it will be similar to the keytwo.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-20 02:54 PM
    Almost Passport shape. Slightly longer and very slightly narrower. A short device means very little if any counterbalancing. It needs 2 hands for most but that wouldn't bother me in the least.
    Ustel13 likes this.
    08-24-20 05:27 PM
    The screen needs to be large enough for users to consume media without being restricted by a key form factor.

My son (19) has commented that he would be interested in a priv / slider that provides a full screen and a pkb. Right or wrong | purist or casual media consumer - he is the future customer that needs to be enticed if the intention is to the consumer market.

The suggestions in another thread of a slider with the pkb on top is interesting. It provides the best of both

Posted via CB10
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    08-24-20 06:20 PM
    The screen needs to be large enough for users to consume media without being restricted by a key form factor.

My son (19) has commented that he would be interested in a priv / slider that provides a full screen and a pkb. Right or wrong | purist or casual media consumer - he is the future customer that needs to be enticed if the intention is to the consumer market.

The suggestions in another thread of a slider with the pkb on top is interesting. It provides the best of both

Posted via CB10
    Well yeah, but if they can remove the bezels and navigation buttons to achieve a screen size/ratio that fits your criteria, then why bother with the slider part?
    bh7171 likes this.
    08-24-20 06:55 PM
    No thank you to priv style, just keep the key series style. By removing the nav buttons and bezel, the screen size will be perfect
    bh7171 and bd69 like this.
    08-24-20 07:01 PM
    Well yeah, but if they can remove the bezels and navigation buttons to achieve a screen size/ratio that fits your criteria, then why bother with the slider part?
    Because his generation are not interested in losing any amount of screen real estate. The idea of a more accurate entry system is great, but is considered secondary to screen real estate and media consumption.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon and tnewton3 like this.
    08-24-20 07:02 PM

I would like something similar. Now owning a A71 5G I would like the new device to be wider than the Classic. About the width of this A71 would be good. Make the keyboard the absolute best ever to carry the BlackBerry name. Zero compromises on tactility and spacing. If wider perhaps they could then make the device thinner all while carrying at least a 4000 mah battery. Throw in a 765G type chip (absolutely do not need a 865/875 type) allow Google camera API for post processing images, 8GB RAM and 256 GB internal storage.
    08-24-20 07:03 PM
    I really want the device to succeed with consumers, so I want a slider the most.

I actually have no real preference between KEY candybar, compact Classic, wide Passport style, or Priv style PKB. I'm more than fine with either.

As long as it has keys, then it's gonna be more accurate and enjoyable to type on than glass.
    Exedorable likes this.
    08-24-20 08:33 PM
    I voted for a new Key3 style, but a 4-Row keyboard on a Passport SE form factor would be cool also.

Made a rough photoshop. Exact same size as the original passport, but moved the screen upwards to make space for the 4th row, just like the Key2.

And there would be lots of room on the sides for extra shift and speed keys and to add in a wider spacebar with finger print sensor.
    Attached Thumbnails Pick your preferred closest form factor:-pp2.jpg  
    Last edited by chetmanley; 08-24-20 at 10:40 PM.
    08-24-20 09:47 PM
    The above passport dimension but as a slider, big wide screen with an additional sliding pkb. Very specific I know
    08-25-20 01:25 AM

This almost makes me wonder if you saw my post where I referred to my Priv and held up my Key2 next to it. The screen size without bezels on my KEY2 could easily be nearly the same size as the useable screen size on my Priv. Maybe just a smidge taller. The keyboard of the KEY2 is excellent and has the right "give". (My KEYone keyboard has a little too stiff keys for my liking).
    But I love my PRIV as a form factor. I will save that for a separate post.
    08-25-20 01:32 AM
    My favorite idea is a PRIV style. If the bezels are thin it could be even more compact but have the same size useable 16x9 screen.
    But I also had the idea of the slider not having to come down from the very top but meeting (flush) with a seam right about where the silver starts on the back of the KEYone or lower. There would then be room for better cameras etc at the top. The keys on the Priv were not too shallow for me. But I know that they were for others, so make them a little more like the feel of the KEY2. A little more space above the top row of keys would help. (They were tight when using the case that had a bar above them, which I quit using in favor of the flip open oem leather case). If the keys can be made like the Priv with one piece, then all the better. I suggest that the bottom 2 corners be rounded a little. They were a little sharp on the PRIV.
    Another point whatever form factor is taken: make the material on the back of the phone similar to what is on the KEYone or KEY2. Grippy and elegent.
    Those slippery, fragile silverfish-like phones are just not my style.
    08-25-20 01:53 AM
    I'm a FAR faster reader than typist. One who devotes 10x time to typing than consuming. Isn't the whole point of PKB typing experience? Why would I want to compromise typing experience in exchange for a miserably huge screen that so rarely gets looked at? Especially WHILE typing?

RIM once subjected a series of models of larger and smaller form factors to market scrutiny and ultimately arrived at a comfortably productive form that respects ergonomic limitations of a typical human hand... That model proved quite successful. Arguably one of the last models to enjoy true profitability for its creators.

Every larger & larger model offered since has proven slower and slower productivity in MY hand. Again, someone remind me, why would someone who devotes more time typing than reading even consider compromising typing experience in exchange for a miserably huge screen that so rarely even gets glanced at? This post has so far been typed without looking. Device in left hand under breakfast table. Right hand feeding face without distraction. And this is relatively brief! For me. Lol. A use case possibility all but lost to history, it seems.

I simply hope that whoever is deving this new BlackBerry tagged product might get hands on an old Bold and at least get a clue about what BlackBerry's were ONCE capable of! Imo. Fwiw.

Now, as far as slider? How about a front parked slider that looks & acts like a 9900, when retracted. Then looks & acts like a Priv when extended? 100% PKB typing, ShortCut, SpeedDial availability? Most compact and STABLE while retracted for typing duties. .. Possible a rare win-win compromise? Lol.
    08-25-20 06:30 AM
    Classic and passport style with infinity screen

Posted via CB10
    08-25-20 08:54 AM
    However it looks like, please no curved display!
    08-25-20 11:07 AM
    passport, keyone, classic.
    08-25-20 02:00 PM
    passport, keyone, classic.
    So a capacitive, non-capacitive, square, non-square device that is both big and little?
    brookie229 and tigrute like this.
    08-25-20 02:29 PM
    So a capacitive, non-capacitive, square, non-square device that is both big and little?
    Yes.
    08-25-20 02:32 PM
    Classic with Toolbelt
    DWonder likes this.
    08-25-20 03:31 PM
375 123 ...