Isn't that what BBM has been doing for years? It sends a photo in a size that's nice on the screen and if you want the full size you ask for it.

And then, if you like the photo, you have the option to save it.

The user is in control of what gets saved on his/her phone.

Posted via CB10
    on BBM your sent a tiny *** thumbnail and when you click on it you get a small res highly compressed version where you can't see **** especially if there's text, then you're required to click and hold on the pic and request HQ (another added step which NO ONE knows about besides die hard BBM users) then you have to wait for the person to accept - all this is done on a single click on whatsapp
    Last edited by rayzian; 11-06-13 at 08:18 AM.
    11-06-13 08:05 AM
    on BBM your sent a tiny *** thumbnail and when you click on it you get a small res highly compressed version where you can't see **** especially if there's text, then you're required to click and hold on the pic and request HQ (another added step which NO ONE knows about besides die hard BBM users) then you have to wait for the person the accept - all this is done on a single click on whatsapp
    Haha...well written...#commonsenseBBRY

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:15 AM
    on BBM your sent a tiny *** thumbnail and when you click on it you get a small res highly compressed version where you can't see **** especially if there's text, then you're required to click and hold on the pic and request HQ (another added step which NO ONE knows about besides die hard BBM users) then you have to wait for the person to accept - all this is done on a single click on whatsapp
    I guess you've never sent pictures while roaming and have somebody request the HQ version on you. You'd be thanking BlackBerry for that feature especially with the HQ files getting bigger and bigger.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 10:38 AM
    Fair enough, but having the option to choice would be nice, don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    Out of all the pictures you receive ask yourself how many are keepers. Why would you want all the non keepers saved automatically on your phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 10:40 AM
    Out of all the pictures you receive ask yourself how many are keepers. Why would you want all the non keepers saved automatically on your phone?

Posted via CB10
    I do a lot of travelling in my line of work and for long periods of time. The pictures that I receive are of my son as he is growing up, so they are pretty much keepers. Currently am asking my wife to send them on whats app, it's easer.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 11:34 AM
    Did only thing missing is video sending, I have friends and relatives that don't have that option on there android phone and iPhone.

Posted via CB
    11-06-13 11:38 AM
    I think the same, on file sharing whatsapp beats BBM. I think BB knows and is working on it. Still you can give ur media a heading, which is a pro!
    11-06-13 03:02 PM
    I think the same, on file sharing whatsapp beats BBM. I think BB knows and is working on it. Still you can give ur media a heading, which is a pro!
    They say that a picture says a thousand words, but having the ability to add a title to your media is an amazing advantage for bbm over other applications

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 03:09 PM
    I do a lot of travelling in my line of work and for long periods of time. The pictures that I receive are of my son as he is growing up, so they are pretty much keepers. Currently am asking my wife to send them on whats app, it's easer.

Posted via CB10
    I suggest using bbm then asking for HQ. I do this because I want those important pictures of my daughter in their original size and I just can't get that with whatsapp.

I do think that perhaps the solution is to up the quality on the LQ a little bit that bbm uses. This should keep everyone happy since it'll just be a tiny difference in data compared to what it is now.

via CB10 on Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1767
    11-07-13 09:40 AM
    They at least should give us the choice. I think they will add that feature.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 12:35 PM
    I agree there should be a choice for the quality of the images and another option for auto save to gallery, because it's easier rather than doing that manually (specially if you get 5 images or more)

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 01:48 PM
    I agree there should be a choice for the quality of the images and another option for auto save to gallery, because it's easier rather than doing that manually (specially if you get 5 images or more)

Posted via CB10
    Good point...i agree it should have option for people to decide to auto save.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 02:11 PM
    Good point...i agree it should have option for people to decide to auto save.

Posted via CB10
    Yes as long as both the sender and the receiver have the option turned on then all is good, because remember both senders and receivers would be data charged. I do agree though that the option should be there.
    11-07-13 09:57 PM
    Yes as long as both the sender and the receiver have the option turned on then all is good, because remember both senders and receivers would be data charged. I do agree though that the option should be there.
    The option is irrelevant if one receiver or sender opts out and most people would end up in this exact set up as it is now. Unless you want to do it on a contact by contact basis by which time it will get far too complicated.
    mared_3400 likes this.
    11-08-13 04:41 AM
    The option is irrelevant if one receiver or sender opts out and most people would end up in this exact set up as it is now. Unless you want to do it on a contact by contact basis by which time it will get far too complicated.
    Exactly! Which is why I think the current model that BB is using is the best...
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    11-08-13 06:19 AM
    I guess you've never sent pictures while roaming and have somebody request the HQ version on you. You'd be thanking BlackBerry for that feature especially with the HQ files getting bigger and bigger.

Posted via CB10
    good point but the average smartphone user won't have to worry about roaming and usually have a data plan with 1gb minimum, hence why this should be an option for those that need it but for the majority with 4" screens 15kb thumbnails is a little 2008
    11-08-13 08:17 AM
    good point but the average smartphone user won't have to worry about roaming and usually have a data plan with 1gb minimum, hence why this should be an option for those that need it but for the majority with 4" screens 15kb thumbnails is a little 2008
    Hmm... which users are you talking about? Because outside NA, 500MB is still considered too expensive... and mostly are on 200-300MB data plan.
    11-08-13 08:27 AM
    Hmm... which users are you talking about? Because outside NA, 500MB is still considered too expensive... and mostly are on 200-300MB data plan.
    "average smartphone user" not "average legacy device user" lol
    11-08-13 08:39 AM
    "average smartphone user" not "average legacy device user" lol
    Yes I am talking about smartphone users and not just BB users. When I said what users are you talking about, I mean users in NA or users in general, because what applies to NA doesn't apply to the rest of the world.
    11-08-13 09:04 AM
    Yes I am talking about smartphone users and not just BB users. When I said what users are you talking about, I mean users in NA or users in general, because what applies to NA doesn't apply to the rest of the world.
    tooshay but is not whatsapp with its large thumbnail and full size picture transfer just as popular if not more than BBM in other parts of the world where 500mb and less are more common?
    11-08-13 09:17 AM
    tooshay but is not whatsapp with its large thumbnail and full size picture transfer just as popular if not more than BBM in other parts of the world where 500mb and less are more common?
    Maybe because BBM wasn't cross platform? And the reason they were turning off data when they were out of Wi-Fi coverage hence not able to reach them when you need it.
    A friend of mine who landed in heathrow and booom... all the whatsapp images and video started flooding... And guess what, his bill was over $900.
    11-08-13 09:28 AM
    Maybe because BBM wasn't cross platform? And the reason they were turning off data when they were out of Wi-Fi coverage hence not able to reach them when you need it.
    A friend of mine who landed in heathrow and booom... all the whatsapp images and video started flooding... And guess what, his bill was over $900.
    I see the benefit now but unfortunately all my Android/ios buddys won't and continue to complain about BBM picture quality
    11-08-13 09:34 AM
    I see the benefit now but unfortunately all my Android/ios buddys won't and continue to complain about BBM picture quality
    You can't make everyone happy... They will always find something to complain about.
    11-08-13 09:40 AM
    Strange, they actually used to be 45-50kb on legacy, I see they're 12-17kb now, I just looked at some of my chats.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 12:25 PM
    Final score, BBM 10: whatsapp 1.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    11-08-13 12:49 PM
78 1234