How's the Moto stylus hand writing detection?

When I tried in on the Samsung Note phones it took me longer to write than type because it would only detect correctly like half of the time unless I slow down a bit
    Strange, I have been using Samsung Notes since the Note 8 tablet in 2013. I have terrible handwriting and all of my Notes have been great in handwriting recognition. Way better than my MS Surface tablet. I have had 3 Note phones and now the Fold 3 and the sPen is by far the quickest input method for me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-20-22 02:28 PM
    How's the Moto stylus hand writing detection?

When I tried in on the Samsung Note phones it took me longer to write than type because it would only detect correctly like half of the time unless I slow down a bit
    The S Pen needs to learn your writing style. Once that happens it is great.
    06-20-22 06:04 PM
    Strange, I have been using Samsung Notes since the Note 8 tablet in 2013. I have terrible handwriting and all of my Notes have been great in handwriting recognition. Way better than my MS Surface tablet. I have had 3 Note phones and now the Fold 3 and the sPen is by far the quickest input method for me.
    I feel likewise with my S22 Ultra.
    06-20-22 06:05 PM
    The 3-link for my new Psion came yesterday. Now I need a month off to figure out what BAUD rates mean and how to work with them. And whether it's compatible with my Win7 laptop from 2011 or was the whole idea a foolish impulse.
    dmlis likes this.
    06-30-22 10:19 AM
    The 3-link for my new Psion came yesterday. Now I need a month off to figure out what BAUD rates mean and how to work with them. And whether it's compatible with my Win7 laptop from 2011 or was the whole idea a foolish impulse.
    Most hobbies are usually foolish impulses....

If you have fun playing with it... that's all that matters. I do know that most had more luck if they stuck with a 32 Bit OS... if your installation is 64 bit, you might consider reinstalling (got a spare drive you can install), or doing a VM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-22 10:28 AM
    Most hobbies are usually foolish impulses....

If you have fun playing with it... that's all that matters. I do know that most had more luck if they stuck with a 32 Bit OS... if your installation is 64 bit, you might consider reinstalling (got a spare drive you can install), or doing a VM.

Ah bugger, it is 64. Not the first time my life has been ruined by the switch from 32 bit.

Is a VM sort of a virtual machine, like running a 32 bit virtual OS on the machine?

I've got an ancient Win98 that maybe works.

I need to do some house clearing.
    Chernobyl and Jill Z like this.
    06-30-22 10:57 AM
    I still keep a Sharp Wizard Organizer, one of three models I used. It was prepared for delivery to the local Computer Museum, but the latter never opened after COVID.
    I do remember that I used that Sharp with a modem in the 1990s. 1600 baud, probably.
    Maybe I should try again. Just don't ask me what is the purpose of the exercise. :-)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-22 01:47 PM
    If I can get it to connect the Psion is seriously meant for document creation away from home. In some ways it's perfect: weighs almost nothing and no worries about running out of battery power. I haven't used the keyboard much so I do need to find out the personal comfort level. That would probably take a week to differentiate the novelty of the size and layout from how it is in use.

But it could be an excellent tool if those conditions are satisfied.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-22 02:47 PM
    Pre-ordered the Asus ROG Phone 6 yesterday, comes Oct 20th-24th.

My Key2 Red died, went back to my Key1 for a bit but too slow. My Priv, while still useable, is agonizingly slow nowadays. Have been using Nokia 8.3 5G as a temp waiting on another Blackberry.

Key1 stays at 100% charge for months when off, I fire it up once in awhile and update apps.
    09-03-22 03:38 PM
    Pre-ordered the Asus ROG Phone 6 yesterday, comes Oct 20th-24th.

My Key2 Red died, went back to my Key1 for a bit but too slow. My Priv, while still useable, is agonizingly slow nowadays. Have been using Nokia 8.3 5G as a temp waiting on another Blackberry.

Key1 stays at 100% charge for months when off, I fire it up once in awhile and update apps.
    Congratulations on the Asus! I really want to own one of those crazy gaming phones one day, they come with ridiculous large batteries and great screens (in terms of refresh rate and touch sample rate)

If I’m not mistaken the Rog Phone 6 has something like a 6000mAh battery and 165hz screen, must be incredibly slick to use, if apps are properly optimised for it.

GSMArena ran their battery test in auto mode (in terms of screen refresh) and managed to hit 119h endurance, truly impressive stuff.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-05-22 02:26 PM
    T-Mobile is offering up a couple of Nokia 5G phones. The X100 and the G400. Giveaway prices.

The X100 is basically identical to the X20 that I've been using for the last year excepting that the X20 has 8Gb of RAM. But, memory management is getting so good on Android that I can't recall ever have mine using more than 50% of memory.

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phones...priceLowToHigh
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-08-22 08:34 PM
    Yeah, after T-Mo ******** at me to do something about my second line running a Z-30 they offered $200 off any phone they sell. Which meant getting the X100 for $2. It's been surprisingly excellent.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-22 08:15 AM
    T-Mobile is offering up a couple of Nokia 5G phones. The X100 and the G400. Giveaway prices.

The X100 is basically identical to the X20 that I've been using for the last year excepting that the X20 has 8Gb of RAM. But, memory management is getting so good on Android that I can't recall ever have mine using more than 50% of memory.

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phones...priceLowToHigh
    Yeah I have to wonder if these "gaming" mobile phone... really can utilize 18GB of RAM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-22 10:56 AM
    I'm too much of a "free thinker" to fall into Apple's moat.

They tell you what you want, and tell you to "Think Differently", meanwhile mocking you for not choosing Apple products.

People in the USA have too much time on their hands, and ***** about chat bubble colours and whatnot.
    09-09-22 09:23 PM
    I'm too much of a "free thinker" to fall into Apple's moat.

They tell you what you want, and tell you to "Think Differently", meanwhile mocking you for not choosing Apple products.

People in the USA have too much time on their hands, and ***** about chat bubble colours and whatnot.
    I have no desire to buy an Apple product but such a broad stroke is painting all those late blooming boomer ladies and their FaceTime iPads into a corner....
    09-09-22 09:39 PM
    I thought the motto was 'think different'. Has something changed? Did Apple become different?
    09-09-22 10:50 PM
    Battery usage on my Nokia X20. 3 hours Screen on Time and 84% battery left. Not bad.
    09-09-22 11:29 PM
    Yeah I have to wonder if these "gaming" mobile phone... really can utilize 18GB of RAM.
    I believe they do utilise the memory when running some of the more demanding games like Genshin Impact, which is one of the few games that really taxes some of the most advanced mobile chips around.

Will try find some of the gaming reviews and edit this post.

That being said, yeah for the most part I would say if you don’t game the 18GB RAM is wasted on you completely.

On the other hand, app developers also need to update their apps, if you look at some comparison tests of a S22 Ultra or Z Fold 4 with 12GB RAM running app tests next to a iPhone 13 Pro Max or 14 Pro Max, you see that some apps even on the droids refresh, seems there is a balancing act between keeping apps in RAM and also ensuring that phone is not burning through its battery. On both android and iOS some apps auto refresh no matter, I think Instagram is one of the culprits.
    09-17-22 04:37 PM
    A lot of the Samsung phones eat up a lot of RAM, look at this S22 Ultra that is sitting at half its available RAM being used while just sitting:

2.6GB available of this S22 Ultra out of 8GB RAM, in comes the feature RAM Plus to eliminate the situation

One can only imagine what happens once you activate the Camera in these situations as that alone can take up quite a bit of ram.
    More and more it seems best to get an Android with at least 8GB RAM but the sweet spot seems to be 12GB RAM and if you are someone who likes high quality gaming on your mobile devices, then getting something with 18GB RAM may be best.
    09-24-22 05:13 AM
    I have used Nokia 1110 and Nokia 1110i are low-end GSM mobile phones sold by Nokia. The 1110 was released in 2005; the 1110i was released in 2006.
    11-30-22 05:52 AM
    Retired my K2LE the other day. I went with a Pixel 7.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-06-22 01:50 AM
2,046 ... 808182