Had my Storm paired to my MINI with factory BT (non-nav) and the phonebook was in the same order as the phone (i.e. I'd go into the phonebook on the car's interface and all names were sorted by first name). Life was good.

Had work done on the car and they disconnected the battery. Had to re-pair the Storm to the MINI. Since then, the phone book on the MINI reads "last name, first name"...even though the Storm's Contact list is still set for "first name, last name". Have deleted and re-paired numerous times alternately changing the Storm to "Last name, First name" then back to "first/last", have gone into Options/Language and made sure it's set to display by first name...nothing works. The car still shows the names as "last name, first name".

Anyone else with a MINI or BMW and a BB ever see this?
    06-02-09 11:34 PM
    Exactly the same issue. I had a Blackberry Curve 8300 all was good, no connectivity or contact issues. My BMW 5 series software was upgraded as part of a reboot and the contact list showed surname first which is pretty unworkable.

BMW offered to contribute £300 towards a new phone so I purchased a Blackberry 8900 only to have a repeat of the same issue. I am currently waiting for a solution from BMW but have been told that all new software is surname first as with all other cars..... I will keep you posted!
    07-07-09 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD