Hey,

I'm new here and have had my BB for about 4 months. I was wondering if there was anyway to save all my contacts onto an external memory card or onto my SIM card? Is this possible? I think I can go one by one and save them onto SIM but another method would probably be better. The reason I ask is because, I'm looking to switch from my 8820 to a Curve and I don't want to have to enter all my contacts again.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    06-16-08 04:58 PM
    Do you sync your BB to your computer in any way? Like, to Outlook? That would be the best way to retain contacts, since they'd all still be in Outlook, and if/when you get a new BB and setup its sync, everything would come back over to the new BB.
    06-16-08 05:39 PM
    That is a good idea but I don't sync it to Outlook. Any other computer programs that can retain my contacts in proper form? Meaning, if someone is listed as a mobile number, it will come on the new BB as a mobile number and not default to a work number?
    06-16-08 06:36 PM
    You shouldn't have to enter all your info again.
    Desktop Manager has a function called Switch Device Wizard
    that will transfer everything from one device to the other.
    06-16-08 06:48 PM
    You shouldn't have to enter all your info again.
    Desktop Manager has a function called Switch Device Wizard
    that will transfer everything from one device to the other.
    You are completely correct with this information. I was playing around with my 8820 and an old Curve that I have and was able to use the Switch Device Wizard to transfer all my data and applications from my current BB to this old 8310.

Thanks amazinglygraceless.
    06-16-08 09:05 PM
    backup one restore on the other, switch device wizard, if your with att, tho, you can what they told me, is bring the phone to them, and they can save your address book on a sim, if you ever want to pop it into a regular phone, but a sim only remembers little info, like name / phone number.
    06-16-08 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD