Hi,
    I switched to a curve a while a go from windows mobile 6.
    With WM6, I could start typing someone's first or last name, and it would automatically go through my address book and find that person. It would show the most recently called person first.
    So say i have 6 Mikes in my address book, I would type Mike and it would show me the most recently called.

Also I have more than one number for most of my contacts, and it would automatically go to the last called number. (I just press the green call button and it would call the number that I last called for that person).

When i started to type on my keyboard, it would not only search my phonebook by name, but also by numeric number.
    So say I had a recent call by someone with the number 678 123 4576,
    I could type in 4576 and it would show me that number, and the letter combination that it matched in my address book.

Is there a way i can enable this?
    I'm running 4.5.81.

Any comments appreciated.
    12-11-08 08:52 AM
    try typing in your phonebook.
    12-11-08 08:55 AM
    try typing in your phonebook.
    Again, I tried that and say I type in Mike, it will list the Mike's in alphabetical order, not by whom I called last.

Is feature not available on blackberry, or can I somehow change the settings.
    12-11-08 09:27 AM
    Again, I tried that and say I type in Mike, it will list the Mike's in alphabetical order, not by whom I called last.

Is feature not available on blackberry, or can I somehow change the settings.
    I do not believe it is a setting you can make in the default phone book (contacts). It would have to be an different phonebook applicaiton that incorporates that feature and to my knowledge, i don't know of such phonebook.
    12-11-08 11:01 AM
    You don't remember Mike by his last name??
    12-11-08 11:58 AM
    You don't remember Mike by his last name??
    no the whole points of this is, it required less keys to be pressed to call someone. like I have to scroll to someone's of out of 4 numbers once I have located that person in my phonebook / history.

I love blackberry, but this was really a good feature of windows mobile.
    12-12-08 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD