4.5.0.46 is all good. But this is my 3rd day running it and 3 times in the past 2 hours when making a call it has rebooted. Who else has had this happen? I am sure I am not the only one.. Any fix for this?
    07-03-08 07:58 PM
    it could be youor OS..or your memory is low...try this>> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-03-08 08:00 PM
    4.5.0.46 is all good. But this is my 3rd day running it and 3 times in the past 2 hours when making a call it has rebooted. Who else has had this happen? I am sure I am not the only one.. Any fix for this?
    yes there is, DOWNGRADE.
    I DID !
    07-03-08 08:00 PM
    yes there is, DOWNGRADE.
    I DID !
    No NO... wait... there are a few things you can do, before having to downgrade... it's up to you...if you want to know, I'll tell ya, if not, then downgrade
    07-03-08 08:02 PM
    Is it me or is anyone else confused by the number
    of people who say, "I'm running 4.x.x.x, all is good but..."
    and then go on to list some major problem?

This is affecting whether your phone works or not.
    Do yourself a favor and downgrade, and wait for a
    solid non beta release.
    07-03-08 08:05 PM
    Its not a major problem. I will receive or make 6-12 calls and they work fine and then this happen before it even rings. Its not EVERY time. I have used almost every 4.5 beta and this is the best otherwise by far. After optimizing I have 20mb free.

PM me if someone here knows somethings for me to try and post them here.
    07-03-08 09:25 PM
    I was having reboot issue as well. It stopped after I wipe my BB, then reformated my memory card(after backing up), finally upgraded to desktop manager 4.5. Reinstall os, reinstall mem card, copy files back to card. So far (5 days) no reboots at all and Very small mem leak. Make sure you remove Quincy Apps before install of os if they came with your beta.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 11:02 AM
    I had the .46 reboot issue on my 8320 on 40-50% of calls. I might have to try the suggestions above...for now, I'm back on .44.

I'm somewhat new to Blackberry and I have a question on the "wipe and restore." If I backup, then wipe it back to default, do I then manually reinstall each 3rd party app? Also, can I do a selective restore of info like the phonebook, etc.?
    07-04-08 01:23 PM
    Mine just rebooted 5 minutes into an outbound phonecall over UMA. I think ima gonna wait out a few more days for the next beta and then wipe and start fresh with it.
    07-04-08 02:10 PM
    Ea you have to reinstall all 3rd party apps installed ota(over the air). If you downloaded to your computer then installed it should auto ask you on os install. You can only do a selctive backup. The restore loads everything you already backed up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 01:30 AM
    I had the exact same problem. Try removing your media card. I upgraded and about two days the later it kept rebooting. I took the phone in to be serviced and noticed once I took the card out it stopped. The techs replaced the phone with a brand new one out of the box. Once I inserted the card into the new phone it started to reboot repeatedly. I replaced my card and now all is good.
    07-10-08 01:31 PM
    I just upgraded to 4.5.0.52(75) and no reboots since. this beta is friggin great!
    07-10-08 08:48 PM
    what happened to buying a phone that works as it is without having to upgrade,downgrade wipe clean etc.....???? is this the way it should be ? i understand maintaining ur phone but some of this is ridiculous!!!
    07-16-08 03:49 AM
    +1 for downgrading. Wait for something more stable. It should be coming VERY shortly - or so the rumors go.
    07-16-08 04:49 PM
    I was helping a friend setup wifi and passwords with her Tmobile 8320.

After turning on wifi the phone would go into an endless reboot cycle. The phone would boot up to the normal desktop screen and last about 30 seconds before the next reboot.

During that 30 second window of opportunity we managed to turn off wifi functionality and viola the phone stayed alive. The reboots stopped.

Go figure.
    07-16-08 07:02 PM
    I was helping a friend setup wifi and passwords with her Tmobile 8320.

After turning on wifi the phone would go into an endless reboot cycle. The phone would boot up to the normal desktop screen and last about 30 seconds before the next reboot.

During that 30 second window of opportunity we managed to turn off wifi functionality and viola the phone stayed alive. The reboots stopped.

Go figure.
    The reboots are likely due to a Wireless N router being in the area. I had this same problem when I tried T-Mobile for a brief time. After this issue and poor service in general I canceled TMO and went to a reputable wireless provider (Verizon).
    07-16-08 07:33 PM
    I have never been able to sucessfully run any version of 4.5 for normal day-to-day use. My 8310 continually reboots or it will reboot during a call or at the end of it. I can be driving, at home in the garden, anyhwere.

My phone was recenly (a week ago) sent for repair and the repair shop ran a full RIM diagnostic which my phone passed perfectly.

The technician at BBRepairShop told me that he thinks that the problem is most likely my battery.

He thinks that there are instantaeous loads on the battery under OS 4.5 that lower its voltage below the phone's minimum operating level and it reboots.

I have 3 batteries. I have the original and 2 spares that I bought on ebay. They all do the same thing - reboot.

I have just ordered an ebay 1900 mAh battery and am awaiting delivery.

Meanwhile I am back on OS 4.2.2.194 with a very stable phone.
    07-25-08 02:59 AM
    I just downloaded and installed OS 4.5.0.55 and it was just the same. A re-boot every few minutes.
    07-25-08 07:41 PM
    that sucks pete..havent had 1 reboot since like 4.5.0.10 or one of the first betas..

.46 .52 and now .55 are extremely stable OS'.
    07-27-08 01:04 AM
    I dnt know but imo downgrade till oicial release. Ive tried just about all the 4.5 (.18 .37 .46 .52 .55) OS and had the rebooting issue with all of them.Granted some more than others, but i downgraded each and every time.Good luck
    07-27-08 09:47 PM
    Weird I ran the German release 4.5 and it would shut off and I would have to do a battery pull in order to get the phone back! I am now running for almost a week the TIM release and it is real stable so far!

Charlie
    07-28-08 03:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD