I've read many articles about leaving your phone under your pillow overnight or even near your head and how it has negative effects on you from the radiation. The only problem is, I want to use it as an alarm clock. If I go in my Apps > Manage Connections > Turn All Connections Off, will it completely shut off any radiation emitting from the Blackberry?
    05-31-10 06:44 PM
    in theory yes, or at least for the mostpart.

that said im not particularly worried about it, i mean lets be fair, where is it for most of the day? in your pocket? rest my case really
    05-31-10 06:48 PM
    Putting it under your pillow is worst case. The radio has to work harder to get through that so more power is used.

Put it on the table by your bed, no risk of anything.
    05-31-10 07:46 PM
    What do people think about this article?

lef.org/magazine/mag2007/aug2007_report_cellphone_radiation_01.htm

The basic summary is that scientists did find harmful effects from cell phone radio waves, and that cell phone companies just try to cover it up (like any company would).
    06-01-10 10:03 AM
    Can I just say who cares? TV, laptops, everything is "radioactive"... So...
    06-01-10 10:06 AM
    What do people think about this article?

lef.org/magazine/mag2007/aug2007_report_cellphone_radiation_01.htm

The basic summary is that scientists did find harmful effects from cell phone radio waves, and that cell phone companies just try to cover it up (like any company would).
    This is an utter joke, a long term study was just released finding no links.

That was an utter joke too.

In other words, stop reading all the articles and just live with it. Either get rid of your devices that emit any kind of signal or keep them. It really makes no difference.
    06-01-10 12:15 PM
    Wow..hmmm...dont know how much i believe in all this
    06-01-10 12:59 PM
    Yeah I'm defenitly wary of the radiation coming from my BlackBerry / Laptop
    / iPod Touch . When I am not using them I keep them at a safe distance !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 01:15 PM
    Yeah I'm defenitly wary of the radiation coming from my BlackBerry / Laptop
    / iPod Touch . When I am not using them I keep them at a safe distance !

I really hope you are joking.

If not, read up on the word "radiation" and try to place it in context of these devices. Not to mention the fact that your whole house is saturated in this kind of "radiation" because you have electrical wires running all through it.

Sort of.
    06-01-10 02:02 PM
    Stress is at least as dangerous as any radiation from your phone. Don't worry about it.
    06-01-10 04:49 PM
    Which is why I never go anywhere without my radiation proof personal bubble. I know people look at me strange, but who's the one who will be looking strange when I live 3 days longer than them?

Having the radiation proof bubble means I'll live longer than everyone else, so I can smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day instead of just one.

Really though people, there are more dangerous things to worry about than where you should place your phone at night. (mines right next to my Desert Eagle on top of my night stand)

06-01-10 05:11 PM
    Which is why I never go anywhere without my radiation proof personal bubble. I know people look at me strange, but who's the one who will be looking strange when I live 3 days longer than them?

Having the radiation proof bubble means I'll live longer than everyone else, so I can smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day instead of just one.

Really though people, there are more dangerous things to worry about than where you should place your phone at night. (mines right next to my Desert Eagle on top of my night stand)

And how do u know u will live 3 days more than everyone? If God wants u die right this instant u will die right that instant. Yes radiation is harmful to us but our time of death is God's decision not ours and I hope u already know that. Not trying to point fingers but just wanted u to keep that in mind.

06-01-10 05:58 PM
    And how do u know u will live 3 days more than everyone? If God wants u die right this instant u will die right that instant. Yes radiation is harmful to us but our time of death is God's decision not ours and I hope u already know that. Not trying to point fingers but just wanted u to keep that in mind.

Actually it's entirely my decision.

And I think the main problem is people see the word radiation and they freak out thinking they will get a dose of some radioactive substance. The word radiation as it's used for emissions is a completely different beast.

You want to be worried about radiation? Go through one of those airport scanners. Los Alamos Laboratories have shown genetic damage is caused 1 out of 6 times by them in their tests. That is scary. Phones have nothing on those things.
    06-01-10 06:38 PM

Exactly the point I was trying to make. There is no reason why anyone should be worrying about radiation from a cell phone, let alone even talking about. Cell phones (like god) is a part of our lives, there is nothing we can do other than just doing what were all doing. If you want to protect yourself from radiation then get a personal bubble like me

Last edited by ridesno159; 06-01-10 at 09:04 PM.
    06-01-10 09:00 PM
    I often wonder why people worry about cell phones and then sit in an office or building all day surrounded by Wi-Fi routers.

Sure your portable PC can help you work even when you're in the bathroom stall but they're hitting you with a lot more powerful and higher frequency signals than your own phone.

I know the answer but out of kindness I keep my opinions to myself most of the time.

06-02-10 02:40 AM
    Multiple studies with tens or hundreds of thousands of cellphone users over up to 30 years have found no links to increased rates of cancer. I guess that pretty much says it.
    06-02-10 04:58 AM
    This is pretty cool, I can pop a bag of popcorn by placing a call to customer service and staring at the bag of jiffy pop. No microwave needed. Thanks Boldf 9650!!!!
    06-02-10 05:34 AM
    There's no danger so don't worry about it. It's just one of those things people bring up because they need to be scared of technology and its place in our lives.
    06-02-10 09:49 AM
    One time I rubbed two sticks together to start a fire. Ten years later I was diagnosed bipolar. Coincidence?
    06-02-10 10:44 AM
    This is pretty cool, I can pop a bag of popcorn by placing a call to customer service and staring at the bag of jiffy pop. No microwave needed. Thanks Boldf 9650!!!!
    haha. Niiice.
    06-02-10 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD