I got a friend with a samsung galaxy s epic and ... She wants 2 know if there's any way her husband won't b able 2 trace her were a bouts !!! How can she do it with out him knowing !??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 05:35 PM
    It's not about the technology, it's more so about the trust in their relationship.
    She shouldn't have to be worried about that, if they trust each other.

05-01-11 06:02 PM
    Well there isn't really any way that he can trace her whereabouts... he would have to find a way to track the device using GPS, and I would assume that a specific app would have to be loaded on the device. I don't know of an app that will do this, but there may be one out there.

Sounds like your friend has more serious problems than her phone being tracked... These kind of threads always cause me to shake my head... I just don't get it.
    05-01-11 06:32 PM
    Dude what is this. A guilttrip .... Come on all I need is a simple bypass

05-01-11 06:35 PM
    C elvin is helping tnx ...

05-01-11 06:37 PM
    I tried to answer your question. I don't think that he can track her phone unless he adds a program to the device itself to keep track of her whereabouts. The whereabouts will then have to be accessed somehow on a PC, it is not something that can be remotely tracked. What you are talking about is pretty advanced stuff, stuff that the majority of people would have no idea how to do. Unless your friend's husband has extensive knowledge of GPS tracking on a mobile platform then I don't think she has anything to worry about.

There is a chance that there is an application available somewhere that allows you to track someone's location. This app would have to be loaded on the device that is to be tracked. I don't know of an app like this.

I'll speak for the others by saying that we don't mean to pass judgement, but you did open the subject. You SPECIFICALLY asked for information about how to keep your friend's husband from tracking her location using here Sprint Epic 4G. You didn't give us an open ended situation, simply asking if there is a way to keep someone from tracking a person's location through their Android phone, you made it a closed situation, very specific. I mean, come on...
    05-01-11 06:42 PM
    C elvin is helping tnx ...

You are welcome. You posted this after I typed my last message. My main point behind it is when dealing with subjects like this, it's always best to take the personal information about the situation to a minimum...

Here's another idea, maybe she should disable the GPS on her Epic? It's a pretty simple thing to do.
    05-01-11 06:44 PM
    I guess I did open this in a wrong way or with 2 much info but I thank u for the help I don't get me wrong I'm just trying 2 help a friend ... And the phone was given 2 her out the box and allready persnalised wich made it kind of ominous in the first place n the dude works in IT ... So u know just looking out for a friend

05-01-11 07:20 PM
    she could ust turn off the device, or take out the battery, this way is she is being "tracked", only her last known location will be available, before the power was cut. Or just "forget her phone" at home, when she is out sneaking around, and not wanting to be tracked...
    Last edited by Tbrenn; 05-01-11 at 07:32 PM.
    05-01-11 07:30 PM
    That's what I what thinking !

05-01-11 08:02 PM
    Easily stoppable in divorce court. Or get your own phone account separate of your spouse.

05-01-11 08:35 PM
    GET a New Phone !!! And don't let the a$$hole any where near it.

05-02-11 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD