Ok, you may or may not be able to help me here, but I 'll give it a shot. I'll try to give you an idea of what's going on here.

Jan. 25: Bought BlackBerry Storm and set up a plan with Verizon that was to begin on Feb. 17

Feb. 16: My AT&T plan that was linked to my old BB Pearl was supposed to expire.

Ok, so last Tuesday, I went in to Best Buy (where I bought my Storm) and had them port my number from my AT&T account over to my Storm and new Verizon account. They said it could take up to 72 hours to complete.

Yesterday, after realizing that 72 hours had passed, I went in to the Verizon store and spoke with the manager. She told me that the transfer was pending and that my electronic signature was all they were waiting for. She got someone on the phone from Customer Service, who put me through an automated system that asks you what number you are bringing over, the last 4 digits of your SSN, that kinda stuff. Customer service then told me that it would take anywhere from 4 to 24 hours to complete the port, but I would still be able to use both of my phones (my BB Pearl was still making calls, sending/receiving texts even after the contract expired...I think that's bad and/or expensive!).

After I went home, I looked at my Pearl and it said "SOS" and "SIM CARD REJECTED." I kinda figured that would happen when they took the number away from it. But when I went to use my Storm, I got nothing. It wouldn't make calls, send texts, or connect to the internet. I looked at "My number" and it still displayed the temporary # that I was given when I bought the storm and set up my plan. I changed the SIM Card number to my desired phone number about 10 minutes ago, and nothing has changed.

Does anyone have any input on this problem I am having? I know I should probly wait the 24 hours, but I didn't know if I was supposed to do something when both phones stopped working. By do something I mean *611 or *228 or something like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I just want to get this out of the way so I can actually start enjoying my phone! CrackBerry has helped me a lot in the past and I really hope my luck doesn't run out here!

Thanks guys...and girls
    02-21-09 07:57 AM
    -- removed
    Last edited by arch378; 02-21-09 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Dup thread answered in Storm Section
    02-21-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD