Im starting to get kinda pissed off about it. Im sitting here thinking something is truly wrong with my phone. I've battery pulled NUMEROUS times.

Then sometimes when I do it, it goes back to the original them background (even if I changed it).. and the most recent contact I added, or messages I had are GONE.

My status says I have

43875429 bytes (whatever that means) available.

WHat do I need to do? Seriously.
    08-27-08 12:47 PM
    43.8mb free on a device that comes with 96mb is great.

Only suggestion from me is to make sure you properly close
    all unneeded apps. Also make sure you are in a good coverage
    area. The BB may just be looking for towers.
    08-27-08 12:52 PM
    Thats what Im saying. its not like im using a whole lot of memory on the phone and whatnot. I dont keep a lot of apps, and I only keep two themes at a time. You know? Its just wild that it keeps doing it, like to the point its annoying.

I cant get ANY facebook message
    NONE of my emails have fetched
    and the damn hourglass cuts me off whenever Im typing a word.

"hey h are you? Wha re you up to"
    Thats exactly how stuff will show up, and im tired of going back editing
    08-27-08 12:54 PM
    It is clearly not a low memory issue.

This symptom has been reported a number of times, even after doing an OS update to v4.5.

The battery is also suspect, try exchanging with a known good battery.

If that does not resolve it, odds are good, it is a hardware fault and will be covered by your warranty.
    08-27-08 01:58 PM
    I've been contemplating gettinth the extended battery 2600 one. Should I?
    08-27-08 02:27 PM
    It is clearly not a low memory issue.

This symptom has been reported a number of times, even after doing an OS update to v4.5.

The battery is also suspect, try exchanging with a known good battery.

If that does not resolve it, odds are good, it is a hardware fault and will be covered by your warranty.
    So basically I should order another battery?
    08-27-08 03:38 PM
    Okay, should I have to upgrade again?
    08-27-08 10:20 PM
    Class- I'm having the same problem, but not to your extent...Seems to only show up on mine when I end a call or do something in the call log. (I have the same model and carrier, and have 43335612 left with about 13 apps & 3 themes) Guess I'll watch mine to see if it gets any worse...
    08-28-08 07:37 AM
    I THINK i figured it out this morning (dont quote me, but still).

I went to my Saved Messages, and saw i had a whole bunch of messages and pictures stored in the phone. I deleted them and *knock on wood* havent seen the hohurglass since. But also check your mailboxes too
    08-28-08 09:14 AM
    Okay, should I have to upgrade again?
    If you ask me...I think that running 4.5 is your problem.

Just like Microsoft Vista...the bugs haven't been worked out yet.
    For now I'm sticking with XP and 4.3 until both RIM and Microsoft get their act together.

My two bits...
    Dm
    08-28-08 10:08 AM
    Yeah. I think so too. I have 4.5, and I cant even get my emails and facebook stuff. Its egging me
    08-28-08 10:11 AM
    Yeah G, I refuse to mess with 4.5 till my provider drops theirs.
    Been there and done the whole 4.5 beta thing too many times now without gettin what I need...

Dm
    08-28-08 01:24 PM
    yeah i had to call vzw and they had me flush my phone, restart it, battery pull, the whole nine

Thn they had to delete my account, and start anew
    08-28-08 02:23 PM
    Ouuuuuch....

Sorry to hear that man....

Dm
    08-28-08 04:01 PM
    No problem. Its back on track now, had to basically kill it, then bring it back. Cant wait untilt he strom come out.

Hit me on bbmessenger
    08-28-08 04:20 PM
    Yeah I get the hourglass as well sometimes. It's the price you pay for running a beta OS, I suppose.
    08-28-08 06:13 PM
    My curve started doing this randomly tonight also? WTF.
    09-02-08 08:47 PM
    No problem. Its back on track now, had to basically kill it, then bring it back. Cant wait untilt he strom come out.
    This will be the third or fourth time I have done "the whole nine" to fix this hourglass problem.

I think it started this latest time after I tried opening a .pdf and my Pearl timed out mid way through trying to open it. After waiting for many minutes, I backed out of trying to open that pdf and just moved on. The hourglass started there and hasn't stopped since. That was about 12 hours ago that it started.
    09-18-08 08:25 PM
    This calls for a cold boot restart. Pull the battery, it should restart correctly.

If not, we can take it from there.
    09-18-08 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD