Is there a reason why every time my phone dies it restarts with a handful of issues.. for instance the phone app becomes completely unusable for 5 mins or so.. whenever I try to make a call it just brings me to the call screen which is complete white or just white with my number being displayed.. with no dial pad to dial nor the ability to accept calls.. whenever I try to call from another phone at that point it just forwards things to the voice mail...and no the hub or nothing is not being refreshed
    Phone app bug-img_20140322_180024.png

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 05:07 PM
    Hi and welcome. Now when you say your phone "dies" exactly what do you mean? The battery goes down to 0%. You are not supposed to let your battery get that low....lol. Don't you have another battery you can swap out? I believe if you were to shut off your phone and swap batteries, you might not have this problem with the reboot?

Or am I misreading this entirely??
    03-22-14 05:34 PM
    Yeah, it's probably cause the battery is so damn low, that happens, don't let it get that low

From my Q10
    03-22-14 05:46 PM
    Thanks for the responses.. but I'm a power user.. I listen to music and in always traveling and at times I don't have a chance to plug it in so it does happen. But this particular screen caption was from a lil while ago with my phone about 40 percent.. I had a glitch while on a phone call and I couldn't hand up... screen froze. so I just pulled the battery. Upon doing so it booted up and it wanted to make a call.. for 5 mins I had a white screen, no dial pad couldn't do anything call related.i even tried long pressing on her name in contacts and then selecting the call, hoping it would force the call thru.. nothing... I decided to make a bbm call instead since that wouldn't work. After I got off the bbm call the phone randomly called the last number I was trying to call.. kinda similar to when u click on a browser page too many times and it takes a while for them to all load.. the phone rang while on a white call screen still no dial pad. She answered and half way thru speaking to my friend the phone started to call her again on the other line.. I think I tried to call her like 5 times from the contact app and it's like the phone finally recognized the instructions to do so..5 mins later. If this makes any sense to u guys

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 06:01 PM
    Computers and smartphones do queue instructions like you said.
    I've never had that happen myself..and your phone should switch itself off before the battery is entirely zilched in any case.
    It sounds like some memory issue is affecting the phone app in particular.
    Do you have any other software installed (like Skype) which would also use the dialler?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    03-22-14 06:57 PM
    How about reload the backup if you have

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 07:43 PM
    Only Skype but it's not used at all

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 12:31 AM
    Only Skype but it's not used at all

Posted via CB10
    Maybe uninstall it, power down your phone (wait 4 mins) then restart the phone without the Sim or SD card.

After the system's fully loaded, power it down again then re-insert your Sim & SD cards and start it up.
    That seems to make my phone run more smoothly, so I hope it helps you.
    (Reinstall Skype if or when you ever need it).

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    03-23-14 01:19 AM
    Will give it a try.. thanks, I'll keep you posted

Posted via CB10
    bennelong likes this.
    03-23-14 01:26 AM
    Tried it.. no luck.. it seems anytime my phone dies or just restart up on startup I can't use the phone app.. it's just blank with my number at the top of the page

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 02:05 AM
    Guys,please help.I did the latest official 10.2.1 update 2 weeks before and now every morning the call and contact app just shows a black screen. I am not able to make calls nor see the contact list.Is this a known bug?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 02:27 AM
    Tried it.. no luck.. it seems anytime my phone dies or just restart up on startup I can't use the phone app.. it's just blank with my number at the top of the page

Posted via CB10
    Oh well, sorry nothing happened. It sounds like you should at least look into getting a portable battery-pack to avoid your phone dying on you so often.
    Either your OS is clunky or something's preventing the dialler App from loading properly.
    Maybe clear your call log and see if it happens when you restart the phone without the Sim in it.

Me.. I'd wipe my phone and start again from scratch if it was causing me all that hassle.
    But there's bound to be plenty of good advice in relation to restoring and/or reinstalling the OS around the Boards.
    I hope you get it sorted.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    03-23-14 03:36 AM
    Thanks a lot.. me, im the same ..i usually start from scratch with no back up.. numbers are saved to my sim so nothing else matters on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 07:37 AM
    I would try what others have suggested and back up what up need and wipe. I find it food to do every once in a whole anyway.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 12:11 PM
    Yea, I'd back up and wipe it, reload!!

From my Q10
    03-23-14 01:10 PM